Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

How we can use our fringe players

As we have shown with becchio and maybe Olsson, we have some valuable commodities sat around we can use as makeweights into the top players at championship level. Perhaps Wigan will want Fox next and we can do a deal including the likes of mcmanaman?

Sounds like you started a new thread based on a player who hasnt signed yet

A bit unfair Nu_Matik! City do have a number of fringe players who could have value in potential transfers. People have jumped to conclusions that Vaughan is the player in the potential Olsson transfer, but it could also be Barnett, Ayala or Fox. If not for Blackburn, these players could have value elsewhere.

I agree with wholely! Im saying the OP is mentioning player names that dont even play for is that have been quoted in one foreign paper!

What i meant is that compared to the over paid, unfit wasters on the books of most premiership teams that they are trying to ship, our list of back up players is just a list of modestly paid, good, honest pros who know their way out of the championship.

I agree, many of our fringe players must look more appealing to championship sides as they don''t come with stupid wage bills and sulky mercenary mentalitys.

If there are gems to be plucked from the lower leagues some of our squad players are perfect make weights who could do a good job at championship level.

Either that or a mass sell off.