Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Edit button

I know this topic is on a par on here with stadium expansion, so this point may have already been made several times before. In that case, sorry.

But why is there no edit button on the main forum yet when I flick through my PM''s there is?

Its so easy - you think before you post (like you might have done in the birthday thread).   If you have an edit button people would changing what they write all the time.   There is  a preview button, you just have to check what you put before you post it, but better still, think before you post.

You''re too obvious, BW.On your opening  point, I don''t really understand the need for an edit button.   Does an edit button have any limits?   Too many alterations would spoil discussions if people could just edit what they have written all the time? 

Edit button, but one which is only available to edit the post straight after posting (for say, 5 minutes) to stop people going back and changing what they''ve said

I''m guessing that it''s a throwback to the old days of all posts being moderated, which meant that there was no need for an edit function?We all know the software is outdated etc, but as LDC points out, all it takes is a bit of patience and proof-reading before you post to avoid any real issues.