Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

just fantastic

I was looking at the BBC website for fixtures news, should be out soon, but scanning the list of teams sudedenly made me realise just how great it is to be a City supporter right now. Read down that list and see the might of Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Newcastle and then us is terrific. It is a million miles from that dark day when the BBC site was updated and there we were alongside the other league one teams, it was so depressing and brought it home how far we had fallen. Seeing Wolves there with Stevenage, Crawley et al brings back those memories. Now we are being linked with some good players and really looking to establish ourselves again as a regular diner at the high table, just as in the late 80s, early 90s. Enjoyable times indeed. Roll on high summer and I for one can''t wait until August.

Too true, remember only too well the day the BBC site flipped over pre-season into that 09/10 season, the table was set out alphabetically and there we were, mid-table, amongst Exeter, Hartlepool and Orient. Looked grim, felt grim...

As things were it turned out to be OK-the away days were fun and we had some good football & a few players who, now long gone, did their thing and became fan favourites-the Nelson springs to mind in particular.

But never again please, not that low!