Sign in to follow this  
Insidersknowledge

CONFIRMED: NCFC V Southampton

Whoever it is, we need a 5-0 win to reverse that old curse. Palace seems do-able

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Thats about the 7th club we''ve apparantly got on the first day I''ve now heard??......if we hedge our bets enough between us, somebody''s going to be right !?![/quote]

Was just thinking the very same thing, GJL - only a matter of time before one of these posters is going to be able to say ''I told you so!''.

Was a leak on the FA website or something?

I''m still going for palace at home , although on this leak they have united away...tough!!

[quote user="nu_matik"]Whoever it is, we need a 5-0 win to reverse that old curse. Palace seems do-able[/quote]

you mean like the last time we played them at home first game of the season?

anyway that game is boxing day according to my unreliable sauce

So, thats Southampton joining Chelsea, Hull and Manchester City-any I''ve missed? We''re going to have a tough task putting out at least four sides in one day, reckon Hughton will have to name himself on the bench for one of them. And why has Rudd gone out on loan-now that Camp has gone we''ve only got three keepers with first team experience to cover four games.

The deserved myth of "fixture leaks" was nicely shattered yesterday when all of those ''ITK'' (and anyone who really was ''in the know'' wouldn''t post it all over Twitter when there are lucrative deals to be done with newspapers for genuine exclusives) claims of the opening fixtures didn''t allow for the fact that the FL have paired certain games between original members of the league in the Champ plus Leagues One and Two. Infact they may even have done it for that very reason-just to show that everyone who is claiming to be in receipt of a "leak" is talking complete and utter bullshit.

The fixture list is known to a very few people-the clubs hear about them prior to the release, but, again, only a few people at the club will know them before later today. No-one is going to risk their job and career in the game by securing the perceived glory of saying who we have got on the opening day when, in all honesty, knowing who we are playing in advance doesn''t actually mean anything or matter even a tiny bit, likewise signing a player-believe it when the club announce it, not until. Same reasons.

If the opening game is one that someone has guessed then that is down to luck, that includes the claim on this thread-and with a diminishing odds of 1 in 19 and going down of getting it right, someone will, soon enough. I''ll guess Cardiff at home at this point-you never know.

Give all of the opening day fixtures in the PL all you ITK folk in advance and I''ll be impressed. All of them. Until then keep on guessing.

With good authority and with 10 minutes to go I can assure you the first fixture will be against one of the teams we played last season (bar QPR, Reading, or Wigan), with one of the trio of Palace, Cardiff, and Hull added into the equation. It will also be either Home, or away.

I''m sorry, but I can''t divulge my source, you''ll have to trust me on this one.