Sign in to follow this  

Real life or FIFA?

I keep seeing these possible transfers banded about on here and honestly have only ever heard of about half of them yet posters comment on how they''d love to sign this one and that one, my question is this.....are your opinions based on actual knowledge of the player or the FIFA (think that''s what it is called) game?

Sometimes, I think so.

FIFA isn''t a very good measure of a players or a teams real ability. For example Norwich finishing bottom of the Premier League with a grand five points and Stewart Downing having more free kick accuracy than Ronaldo.

To judge the ability of a player mentioned on here  I write thier names of on the back of a player in my Bobby Charlton Football game, if they look good I write to David McNally and demand we buy him.

I''ve never been a massive fan of Fifa, But Football Manager (or FM) is a scarily accurate tool. I don''t know how much the guys who make this game pay their "scouts" but its amazing just how often they are right about a player. I haven''t played it for about 7/8 years, but I still remember buying unheard of players like Freddy Guarin as young wonderkids, now you see them playing for top teams. They must put a lot of serious work into scouting players.

I believe it was Alex Ferguson who even joked about it a few years ago saying he used it to scout new players (tounge in cheek comment, but shows it''s at least on the radar of the pro''s so can''t be complete rubbish)

I woudl reccomend people use Football Manager if they are going to be claimng knowledge on how good a player is ratehr than Fifa. Lewandowski was a top prospect in that game whilst still playing in Poland. There are otehr cases over the last 20 years where this game has predicted stars. On the other had there are many many more occasions where the game has got it horribly wrong.

For anyone using this game or any game to claim "knowledge" of a particular player is just stupidity.

one player I woudl love us to sign though would be Macnelly Torres, he plays in the hole and would be excellent competition for Hoolahan. He is more of a passer than hoolahan and can provide excellent passes for players to run onto or straight to their feet. From what I have seen watching him play a few times for Columbia he would be worth signing and could come quite cheap as he still plays in Columbia. I heard of this guy first on the World Football Phone-In.

Davo

[quote user="Vazzza"]

I''ve never been a massive fan of Fifa, But Football Manager (or FM) is a scarily accurate tool. I don''t know how much the guys who make this game pay their "scouts" but its amazing just how often they are right about a player. I haven''t played it for about 7/8 years, but I still remember buying unheard of players like Freddy Guarin as young wonderkids, now you see them playing for top teams. They must put a lot of serious work into scouting players.I believe it was Alex Ferguson who even joked about it a few years ago saying he used it to scout new players (tounge in cheek comment, but shows it''s at least on the radar of the pro''s so can''t be complete rubbish)

[/quote]Ah Freddy Guarin, I think it was FM 2005 when I signed him for Norwich.  Captained us to CL glory 4 years in a row.