Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Bid Rejected

Would like to see him come in. No reason we can''t beat off those two to his signature, hopefully the lure of working with his former manager will do the trick!

Crazy if they''ll let him go for 3, bags of potential!

We''ll get him. Of that, I am sure. But never go in with your strongest bid.

Hughton knows how to get the best out of him and gave him his first professional contract. It will be the first move of his career, so going to a club where you know the management team is sensible for a young lad - and he is a sensible young lad.

Surprised teams have waited till now to make their move, this guy could be a quality player and a snip at £3M, due to only having 12 months left on the contract and Birmingham having to sell to sort their finances out. Lets offer the money and get the boy in! 

[quote user="AJ"]Crazy if they''ll let him go for 3, bags of potential![/quote]He''s only got a year left, so they''ll have to settle for something low.I saw stop moaning and get the offer in. At the end of the day, a club will offer that, and everyone else will follow suit. May as well be the first to get to speak to the lad if you ask me.

you''re right about never going in with your strongest bid, but we also shouldn''t pussyfoot around. 3m would be a steal IMO. and there isn''t any point risking losing him for the sake of 500k by going in next time for 2.5m

bid the 3m, get our man. done and dusted.

I''d guess that a number of sides will have £3m accepted, Redmond will have the decision where he goes, not the clubs involved.

Say Palace got involved, the only tactic they could do if they were one of Redmond''s ''plan b''s'' would be to offer say £5m and hope the likes of us and Swansea backed away at that point.

I honestly think, we''ll be 90% certain whether or not we are getting him already.

So, £3 million would be accepted, but Palace bid £5 million in the naive belief that it would make them more appealing to the player. Wha...?

And I don''t understand what you mean by that last sentence. Not having ago, just think you typed it a bit too quick.

Don''t players get 10% of the transfer fee? so I suppose 200k could be more enticing to him? but then again I''m sure we could and would offer a much bigger signing bonus than palace.