Sign in to follow this  

I''m slightly disappointed by Svensson''s apparent lack of commitment to Norwich. After all we have stood by him through his injuries, given him first team football when he wasn''t playing at Charlton and great support from the terraces - he seems to want to get out now the life isn''t quite so glamorous again! In my opinion the Championship is about his standard!? If he really loved the club then he would want to stay and help us back to the prem next season!

According to Swedish papers yesterday and today Mathias Svensson will make a decision on Monday.

His former club Elfsborg is trying to get more money from their sponsors, which is needed if they can afford another Premier League striker (they have recently signed Andreas Svensson from Southampton). Norwich will only get £100 000 for Matty.

For those of you who can read swedish, here''s some links:

http://www.na.se/artikel.asp?intId=879741  (Mathias Svensson closer to Elfsborg)

http://www.bt.se/bt/btartikel.asp?version=217266  (Mathias soon at home)

-Ole (Norway)

Yes, maybe it does feel a bit disappointing that Svennson is kind of jumping ship, but he does have the chance to return to his homeland for the final years of his career and we shouldn''t feel angry if he chooses to take his family back to Sweden while he has the opportunity.

Besides he ain''t that great anyway

:

[quote]The official site just says talks are ongoing. I should think he''s just tying things up the Sweden end. I''d be suprised if he stayed[/quote]

Yeah, I''d be a bit gutted if Swenny went DD. He was one of my personal favourites, I just loved the guy.

But at the end of the day if he chooses to go, well you know my reply, the last word is......................off!.

Sorry.

[quote]Yeah, I''d be a bit gutted if Swenny went DD. He was one of my personal favourites, I just loved the guy. But at the end of the day if he chooses to go, well you know my reply, the last word is..........[/quote]

Fair enough Wiz.  As you probably know I haven''t been Sven''s biggest fan!  I''d rather we got someone in with a bit of potential to be honest.

Lets just sign SOMEONE!!

Be fair to Svenny. He''s a good striker but with our Ashton/Leon partnership he''s going to be nothing more than a bit part play next year.

He has a choice to go home and play regular first team football with his fellow countrymen. You guys''d do the same thing in his position I''m sure

[quote]Be fair to Svenny. He''s a good striker but with our Ashton/Leon partnership he''s going to be nothing more than a bit part play next year. He has a choice to go home and play regular first team footba...[/quote]

I agree Beds, I really like Svensson as a player but he is now approaching the latter part of his career.  He has the chance to go home and play first team football or he can stay here and be a bit-part player in the Championship.  I don''t doubt his commitment to City, he just wants to play and take his family home.

I''ll be sorry to see Matty leave. He was never a prolific scorer, but always popped up with useful goals. Could have done a job for us next season to be sure. Gotta hope that we get someone to replace him, whose young and has potential......best of luck to him.

Matty SVENSSON is leaving. I understand him, but I wanted him to stay.

Mathias JONSON said in an interview at a swedish site today http://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/landslaget/artikel.asp?id=27219

Q: Your future in England?
A: I will stay in Norwich at least for another season. It''s really sad that Mattias Svensson moves back home, we met often and enjoyed each others company. It''s good to know that Thomas Helveg will stay though.

you cant blame the guy for wanting to leave. if an offer for 3 and 1/2 years back at your old club in your home country comes along, you cant turn it down.

The guy showed emmence passion for city(can just see it on his face when he scored the winner against charlton) and i will miss the guy!

Matty, Matty Svensson! so long

I always felt Svensson was a stop-gap signing after Crouch and Huck''s loan spells ended. His plea to Worthy last Christmas not to buy Ashton because he could score the goals to keep us in the Premiership instead, only showed how desperate he had become. Glad to see the back of him.

again, as i said before.

im going to hate it when he leaves, he would have been a great player to have next season. Especially as he is becoming a left mid-fielder - stick hux on the right and you have 4 strikers on the pitch!

Well, dont go matt

The bloke has a touch of class but a 3.5 year contract at his age with his injury record must be an enormous draw, especially as he is always likely to be third choice behind leon and Deano.

When he finally got a run before xmas he was looking the player he always threatened before yet another injury against chelsea - he was showing leon how it was done.  By the time he was fit again leon was at last hitting the target - bad luck for the big swede.

I will never forget the joyon his face last may on the celebration bus top tour of the city - there was no one happier or soaking up the amosphere more.

Vastly underrated and I will miss him but wish him every luck back home.

OTBC 

Thats sad news about Matty. I don''t think we saw much of the best of him either, without his latest injury I feel we would have seen more goals from him. I rate him more highly than McKenzie, but agree he would probably be on the bench more than he would like.

Its great news about Helveg staying though, if we can believe that!

I''ve always liked Svensson and could never understand all the abuse he got from fans. Even when he was sticking the ball in the net and giving it everything for the team, people were constantly having a go at him when there were others more deserving of criticism. Shame he had such a problem with his knee as like others have said would have done a job this season had he not been injured. Will be sad to see him go but really hope he enjoys success back in Sweden and gets a call up to the national squad which he looked like doing last season.Anyway, good luck Super Matt.

I agree with most here, we will miss Matty Svensson. One thing i will remember (and don''t know if anyone else noticed but it made me laugh at the time and still does) was in the last game of the season at Fulham, and his last game for us by the looks of it, after Matty came on and later attempted a bicycle kick, completely taking out 2 Fulham players in the process! Brilliant!! Needless to say was the highlight of a miserable match for me!

Thanks for the goals, and the memories!

Still waiting for the word really arent we, it seems he''s taking his time coming to a decision which is good in a way. I guess he''s got to weigh up possibly being on the periphery here, or getting a more regular run out back home. I think people can see he''s a genuine guy and more people would like to see him stay rather than go.