Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Dave Watson to Man City?

Really hope he doesn''t go. Ruddy really seems to be developing under him!

Echo Manchester''s comment, really hope he stays!

Ruddy''s really progressed under him in the short time they''ve worked together, hopefully he stays!

Although he worked with Hart at Birmingham, so the City link might tempt him

The arrival comes across as a bit of adding 2 & 2 together and getting 5.

No actual sources from Man City or Watson, only reason for it possibly happening is his work with Hart previously and now, along with a lack of keeper coach at Man City!

Hoping he stays. Not only worked miracles with Ruddy but I can imagine Rudd and Steer turning out to be very promising players under him.

Hope he stays, but I can see why Hart might need some coaching. 80% of his attempts to clear the ball upfield for England went out for a throw-in to Brazil. As a shot-stopper he''s great, but he''s poor at crosses and as I said, his kicking is attrocious.

Hopefully it''s just silly-season journalism, with some reporter having to fill some space.

Almost as soon as Watson joined us you could feel the stories linking him with bigger clubs would start before long-but didn''t think it would be less than a year.

Watson has a great hands on role here-he''s involved with all the keepers from schoolboy level upwards to first team as well as a prominent role on the bench on matchdays. He is ''someone'' at Norwich-a big role, some great keeping talent to work with-all English-and a club that isn''t set on standing still. And is working with Ruddy a step down from working with Hart? If Ruddy was Man City keeper and Hart was ours, who''d be England''s regular goalkeeper? Yep, Ruddy would. There is a difference between tbe clubs but very little between the keepers themselves, maybe Ruddy has got it in him to surpass and be a better goalkeeper than Hart, maybe he was already before his injury last season?

He''s at a steady, settled progressive club here. Man City are a footballing circus with all focus on the Champions League and a policy of throwing money at problems on the pitch rather than coaching it. If they decide Hart isn''t up to it, he''ll be gone. How much longer will all of their young keepers be there (including Angus Gunn) and what chance would any of said charges have of making the first team in anything other than a cameo role? The story reads as if they''d want him as a personal coach to Hart and Hart alone. How challenging, how stimulating might that be compared to the role and respect he has here?

Of course, it might be. And they could double his salary in the blink of an eye. He''s been here a year and dveloped as a coach with us, just as he has brought Ruddy, Rudd and Steer along. He''ll have Tyler Reading here to work with next season as well. Is the grass always greener? I would hope that, in Dave Watson''s case, it isn''t.

The Guardian don''t normally just make stuff up and this piece was written by Daniel Taylor who has been in Brazil with the England team while they were there, he also has good links with Man City. I wouldn''t be surprised if this is just Joe Hart saying he wants Dave Watson to come to Man City now there is a vacancy - I also wouldn''t surprised if Dave Watson also wants to go, for the additional salary and he could do a lot worse than attach himself to Joe Hart, who is more than likely going to be in goal for England for the next 6 - 7 years.

If Man City come calling they will have to pay compensation to Norwich for Watson, and while it would be great to keep hold of him there is little the club could realistically do to stop it. As the article says though the new manager may want to bring in his own staff so it could all be a mute point.

Being Norwich City goalkeeping coach is rather like being the Spinal Tap drummer.

We do seem to get through them. Hopefully Watson won''t be the latest to leave. If he does, lets get Chris Woods in from Everton, especially if Martinez brings in his own team-unless Moyes takes Woods to Man Utd!

Hurry up and go and dont come back.You might guess i dont like him!

First Wazzock: for the record it was Glasgow Rangers (which then makes me wonder why people have dropped the ''Glasgow'' these days?!).

[quote user="flecky76"]First Wazzock: for the record it was Glasgow Rangers (which then makes me wonder why people have dropped the ''Glasgow'' these days?!).[/quote]

Watson def went to Everton, are you thinking of Dale Gordon, Kevin Drinkell or Chris Woods?

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="flecky76"]First Wazzock: for the record it was Glasgow Rangers (which then makes me wonder why people have dropped the ''Glasgow'' these days?!).[/quote]

Watson def went to Everton, are you thinking of Dale Gordon, Kevin Drinkell or Chris Woods?

[/quote]

You are wrong Wazzy we sold him to Rangers.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

You are wrong Wazzy we sold him to Rangers.

[/quote]

Dave Watson never even played for Rangers - he went from Norwich to Everton and that''s it. Now a coach at Newcastle.

Sorry I was confused as I thought Wazzy was saying we sold Chris Woods to Everton. Duh ![:$]

[quote user="flecky76"]First Wazzock: for the record it was Glasgow Rangers (which then makes me wonder why people have dropped the ''Glasgow'' these days?!).[/quote]because Glasgow Rangers Wound up... they started again as "rangers"

According to the Sunday Times today (16 June), Pellegrini is bringing his own goal-keeping coach with him from Malaga, along with the rest of his coaching team, so looks like Dave Watson won''t be going there.

[quote user="Foghorn"]According to the Sunday Times today (16 June), Pellegrini is bringing his own goal-keeping coach with him from Malaga, along with the rest of his coaching team, so looks like Dave Watson won''t be going there.[/quote]What a shame!

[quote user="Foghorn"]According to the Sunday Times today (16 June), Pellegrini is bringing his own goal-keeping coach with him from Malaga, along with the rest of his coaching team, so looks like Dave Watson won''t be going there.[/quote]Confirmed.In the wake of Pellegrini''s appointment, Ruben Cousillas was brought to City as the Chilean''s assistant, while the club have named Xabier Mancisidor as their new goalkeeping coach, and Jose Cabello as fitness coach.

I think a club of Man City''s extravagance can afford to have more than one goalkeeping coach...

Tak, you may well be right, and they could afford two goalkeeping coaches, but there are a couple of other points to consider:-

1. Dave Watson may not want to be a number two to someone else

2. It''s a different manager now to the one when this first cropped up.

All in all, I don''t think he''ll go, at least not to Man City

Which one?Old Rangers or Newco?

When is this Ruddy to Arsenal move happening as well???

It was a certainty according to a few on the pinkun