Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Need To Be Safe

eh !with six games left it would mean that we would have to be 18 points ahead of 18th placewhich last season would have meant that Liverpool in 7th place on 49 points were not mathematically safe and the other ten clubs between them and 18th were certainly not safe on last seasons form we picked up 6 points out of the same fixtures - which, at a point a game, would have given us 38 points (safety as you refer to it) and that is against what is being suggested is our worst stretch of gamespantwetting at it''s worst as not only has the season not started but the fixtures have only been out a few hours !

I would think it unlikely that we would be mathematically safe with 4 games to go......but I suspect that we will be waitng for a few other fixtures to go our way during those last 4 rounds of fixtures whilst we''re in all probability not adding to our points total.

The OP starts a thread with his glass half empty so no real surprise there then. [:(]

There''s safety for practical purposes, and mathematical safety.  The year before last we were safe in reality a long time before we reached mathematical safety, last season we cut it fine.  With 3 points for a win at 5 games to go, you''re doing very well to be 15 points above the team in 18th, but you can still be safe in reality even so.

Going into our last 5 games we need to be safe for practical purposes, because we could easily repeat our performance for the next 4 of those games and get zero points from them (like last year and the year before).

At the same time, our fixtures from New Year onwards up to the start of that final run-in look much better as a consequence of having those tough games at the end.  So we really should be able to get ourselves in a strong position so we don''t have to worry during the last few games.

Come August it''s highly likely we''ll have a technically stronger and more experienced squad than the one that finished 11th last season. Hate to be a happy clapper, but I just don''t have the fear of relegation that some have, it doesn''t even enter my mindset. We''ll do alright next season, maybe exceed expectations - that I''m sure of.

Bring it on.

OTBC

"Hate to be a happy clapper"many of the happy clappies I met were the most pantwettingit is was the longer term supporters (non happy clappies) who had been through it before, who remained calm

[quote user="City1st"]"Hate to be a happy clapper"many of the happy clappies I met were the most pantwettingit is was the longer term supporters (non happy clappies) who had been through it before, who remained calm

[/quote]

Ah, I see City1st - my bad, I stand corrected. I was one of those that remained calm on here in the ''bad old days'' when some thought we were only going one way I.e League 2, Delia should be outed etc, but to be fair, I can understand some of the hysteria then. In the scheme of things we have little to fear, the club has a very solid feel about it now - which is more than can be said for many current Prem teams, and I remain confident next season could be a biggy for us.

fell exactly the samethe club is in an extremely healthy position both on and on the field - more so, as you say, when compared to other PL clubsmy own experience was it was when around CR it was the happy clappies (who stand up when told, sit down when told and are ''there for the experience'' ) who were the most forceful in their doomongeringI suspect that as most have little else to compare with bar the last few seasons, then stuff like the end of last season must have been an absolute meltdown - and also that a few on here are not what most would accept as City fans

ps day for having a jar outside the Square and Compass - and maybe have a look in the room to the left of the ''bar'' ......... it''s a dead ringer for the binners trophy room, same time period !

Stop fussing!! Every team is in the same boat. They all have to play home and away against 19 teams. Our team will be much stronger than last season.

The thing that makes me laugh is the scum think we are nailed on for relegation with those last fixtures.

It would seem that some of our players agree with the OP, see Me Garrido''s Twitter for evidence.

Unless the title is done and dusted before the final few games (have a feeling it will be a 3 way fight to the wire) it''s fairly unlikely that we''ll get much from the final 4 fixtures.

I don''t think there''s anything particularly wrong with suggesting that we need to return from Craven Cottage having already reached the 40 point mark.