Sign in to follow this  
Bert sneakers

Any news

I heard a few days ago we had our bid accepted and was in talks with Toivonen and it all started to look rather positive but heard nothing more since.

Does anybody have any info on this?

I keep checking back on the forum for updates but all gone rather quiet.

I think he''s still on holiday and maybe spoke to us but hasn''t made a decision yet.

So bored waiting for news. Staring at websites and refreshing twitter. not sure how much more I can stand.

Something please.........................

[quote user="Bws Cat "]I dunno Bert but how''s that Chopra deal coming through?[/quote]I heard he was dealt two pairs and picked one more out the flop for a full house but never having seen one before in Ipswich he didn''t know what it was and folded.

This rule of waiting for the window opens seems to be turning into a bit of a farce.

All sorts of clubs are formulating all sorts of deals, with everything in place until the player can ''legally'' sign on the dotted line once the window allows.

There is also the wages factor to be taken into account, I suppose, but I don''t suppose the authorities take this into account.

We can anticipate a flood of actual transfers on the day the window opens as much of the donkey work will have been done. 

In a way, it was NCFC who were first off the mark this time around with the signing of RVW, but it was a slightly different situation in as much as the player could not turn out for us because of the rules. With clubs at the moment the player cannot play for their prospective club because there are no games to play in.

Why should the window not open the day the season ends? There must be a valid reason, but I fail to find one.

Not that it matters really with all the above activity.

I thought the reason for a delay in transfer window opening was due to other leagues still playing games. But if I am correct their are different windows for different Associations.

So really Broady that is a good question.

Are you thinking then that in 1st July we will unveil a batch of new players?

Not really ''new'' in as much that most of the work has been done and the anticipation of the supporters is valid. A few surprises might be in store, ala Tettey, Bassong and Turner.

''Actual'' transfers more likely.

I understand the delay to be because it''s traditional for a footballers contract to expire on the 30th June, a date which was selected historically to ensure that a professional footballer received a minimum of four weeks paid holiday after the conclusion of the season.

In the close season all the July 1st deadline really means is clubs can''t register the players as theirs with the FA until that date, as all the players are currently on holiday it doesn''t really matter.

RvW is basically still a Lisbon player, and being paid by them and their liability until July 1st when he will officially become a Norwich player. There are hundreds of deals like this at the moment and it is up to a club whether they decide to announce it before July 1st or not. The main reason that less business takes place now is due to many players/managers being off on holiday or feel they are under no great rush to get everything sorted out until the beginning of July. There are lots of players and agents out there waiting to see what unfolds in the next few weeks, no point rushing into a deal with a club in June when a bigger club maybe planning to offer a bigger deal in July.

So if RVW broke his ACL, could we pull out of the deal?

Hopefully Toivenen (sp?) is sipping his yellow pina colada, sat in his sweden replica shirt on a yellow beach thinking he''d quite like the idea of permenantly being surrounded by yellow!