Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

The value of leadership and stability

What is the value of good leadership and stability at a club? Are we going to find out this year? If you take a look at all the clubs who have had changes in management or proposed changes in management already in this off season, we appear to have a pretty large amount in unstable clubs for one reason or another.Manchester United - Change of ManagerChelsea - Change of ManagerManchester City - Change of ManagerEverton - Change of ManagerStoke - Change of ManagerNewcastle - Train wreck. (change of manager very soon?)Swansea - Instability with Laudrup wanting away, then wanting to stay.Sunderland - New manager - In my opinion a train wreck waiting to happen.There may be others as well.Meanwhile, we appear to have some stability. We appear to be making the right noises in the transfer market, and already made arguably the biggest signing in our modern history before the window has even opened.What is the value of this stability going to be? With so many clubs in a less stable position than us, is this the perfect opportunity to ''establish'' ourselves in the PL? Will our stable leadership make the right decisions to make that happen?Exciting times!

Every manager in the league is 6 straight losses away from the sack I think. Maybe Wenger would ''get away'' with it and maybe even a couple of the new boys, but there just isn''t any stable jobs about these days

You look at the league now and who has been at their current club for more than a season ?  Obviously Wenger, Jol, Pardew (but hardly stability there!) and Allardyce - that''s it.

So if ever there is time for stability to pay dividends, it''s this season.

Ok we had a dip around xmas that went well into 2013, but even during the barren run, we were improving as a team. I believe we will start where we left off and use our managerial, board level and squad stability to better effect. I can see good things for next season.