Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Sav

It''s always good to be under-rated, but a couple of decent signings in the coming weeks may change that perspective.

Come on McNally get your fingers off twitter and into the piggy bank.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]who?[/quote]

Robbie Savage, and why anyone cares what he thinks is well beyond me.

His main reason is our last four games even though everyone plays the same teams so it''s irrelevant and that he can''t see where our goals are coming from, even though we''ve signed RVW, in talks with Toivonen, as well as being linked to the likes of Redmond and Kone.

Blimey Charlie! Only 4 from 13 pundits tipped us to go down. We are on the up for sure.

One of those was Savage, who I have little time for, and I am as unfamiliar with the other three as they seem to be about our finishing position last season and our enterprising sorties into the market of late.

Old habits die hard with some of these un-informed individuals.

Ah yes, the excellent opinion of Robbie "No Talent, but I''ll happily kick them and wind them up" Savage...I think I''d value Robbie Williams opinion on footy higher than I would that Robbie Savage''s...

Tipped Villa to go down and Qpr to make the top 10!

Couldn''t pass for shit Couldn''t tackle for shit cant tip for shit! Robbies still got it!

Chelsea to win the league

Palace to get relegated

hes just doing what hes done many times before, its trolling at its finest, him and durham are good at their jobs, when they do this they get irate fans ring up their stations all year long, it brings in listeners who just want to hear their next outrageous opinion

its like headlines on a newspaper, its designed to "sell".

just ignore it, he will change it again after the first 5 games and city have 15 points on the board ;)

Che''s Right Hand Man said "Its impossible to make accurate prediction before the end of transfer deadline day."

Che, it''s impossible even then, takes well over half a season to make an ACCURATE prediction.

I always look at the start of the season on who is likely to finish behind us. Looking at the three teams who have come up, Cardiff & Hull have a fair budget, but the quality of the player who they have now are not really that strong, so for me they will be behind us. Palace I''m afraid need a bit of luck to stay up and I''m sure that they will go down.

Then it''s harder to call, I think the three coming up are not as strong as Southampton & West Ham were last year. Are we that much better than anyone else around, you could argue that Sunderland with Dicannio are the one team who will go through the seaon with most problems, whether that has enough of a negative impact to see them down is questionable as they have made a few good signings on paper as have Villa, credit to Lambert bringing in young hungry international player in his budget, could be a good season for Villa, can see them top 10 this year as much as I hate to admit it.

I have to agree with Sav that we might well be down there fighting along with Fulham, WBA, Southampton, Sunderland, West Ham, but I don''t think we will be relegated not this season. Another finish between 16th to 11th fighting it out with the teams mentioned.

Still a bit early to call as no one team has completed their summer signings and we will have a better understanding once we start the season.

I have to say though, Pilks, Snodder & Howson at the end of the season started to look like top Premiership qulity players, do we need to replace too many, better 4 quality signings then 8 bench warmers.

Forgive me for being over positive, it is not usually my way.

I think towards the end of last season  a number of positive things happened that will stand us in very good stead for the coming year.

I honestly don''t think we will struggle and think we can have a season similar to WBA or Swansea.

1) John Ruddy is now fit again, maybe the best keeper in the League.

2) We managed to get some stability in central defence without Seb. Some games last season you looked at it and thought if Bassong I injured were done for but the re-emergence of Ryan Bennett and Russell Martin at centre half when Turner was injured managed to make our defence look premier league class at last. So much so Whittaker cant get a game (tragic)

3) Howson. where was he hiding last year ? I am happy to admit t being one of his biggest critics prior to the last month of the season didn''t think he was worth a  shirt and then wow. Just imagine if he''s actually at least half as good as he was in the last few games regularly !

4) Pilkington had a poor season hopefully he will be fully fit this year and back to his best.

5) Hughton knows his team inside out. strengths weaknesses etc hopefully he knows how to fine tune the formation to give us the solid attacking football we all crave.

6) Holt has suffered more than most in the learning process of Hughtons formation but has in flashes shown us that if we get it right and don''t leave him isolated he can be as effective as ever.

7) Becchio I cannot believe so many are writing him off already. A prolific goal scorer at league 1 and Championship level who has had little or no time to get settled in. Give him a full preseason and who knows 76  goals in 158 starts for Leeds the kind of stats we would be urging the club to splash 5M+ to get

8) RVW come on who would have ever imagined Norwich wold sign a player of his calibre in their lifetime ?

9) Additional players I am confident we will sign a number of quality players to move the squad on Further. The likes of Toivonen , Olsson , Bridcutt , Redmond or similar will only make us stronger.

10) I can see there being a number of poor teams this season. Palace and Hull likely to struggle to get squad up to premier league standard. Newcastle and Sunderland are again accidents waiting to happen.

I  will honestly be disappointed if we do not finish top half and feel 8th is a reasonable possibility.   

Agree with your positives, but to outsiders they will look at our form in 2013 and argue that one additional striker in a team which created so few chances and which stayed up (so they will say) because (i) Wigan mucked up and (ii) we played two teams already "on the beach" does not give them confidence that anything will be any different. So while us fans may see things differently with legitimate reason to feel more secure this time around, those looking from afar could be excused for not feeling the same way. I''m happy if they put us down as relegation favourites- half of CH''s motivational team talks will have been written for him already. FWIW I find Durham entertaining but I do get annoyed when City fans try to take him to task as it just fires him up even more.

I quite like Savage but don''t have time for the Troll Durham.

He''s no even subtle just talks complete bollocks that nobody believes he thinks are true just for effect. Poor excuse for a radio presenter.

Stopped listening to Talksport, life is just too short.  

Wow that''s weird ! I typed a mild swear word (see above) and it censored itself bizzare. Never seen that before on here. Guess I haven''t typed anything "rude" before !

"10) I can see there being a number of poor teams this season. Palace and

Hull likely to struggle to get squad up to premier league standard.

Newcastle and Sunderland are again accidents waiting to happen.
I think that is pretty much close to what happens most seasons.There are those who come up and don''t seem to improve their squad enough (Reading) or as QPR, do not have the right motivation within that squad. There are also those clubs who are riven with internal strife, be it at the top or in the squad (Stoke). Between those type of clubs there is usually enough to provide the bottom three. So for us it maybe enough just to keep functioning and picking up the points, and see where that leads. As of now I don''t see any ''big time charlies'' or ''one season mercenarie''s in the squad that might cause disruption, nor do I see boardroom or owner problems either.  Well motivated and organised - both on and off the pitch.Basically the watchwords are - don''t far cup and you''ll stay up.However whilst we should finish in a comfortable mid table position  (note, the finish, not the games leading up to it) I''m sure what the majority of our fans want is to be able to go into each game believing that we have a fair chance and we can get a resultn - and that if, as at Arsenal, we are beaten then we are not humilated and we are still in the game.As things stand there is no reason to think that should not be the case in most games next season.

savage is paid to provoke a response to his opinions - stop being so ultra senstive - it does not lose us any points after all.

I don''t have a problem with him having an opinion at least its not ridiculous like Durham. Just pointing out I think we will do very well next year and I am surprised that  people think differently.