Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Martin Ollson bid accepted...

Doh, thought we were talking about the Olsen twins signing up for Norwich, oh well. Though they would look good in our new kit.

A really exciting prospect, definitely what we need to create some competition in the left back position. I imagine we won''t be the only ones sniffing around so I hope we move quick and get our man!

I really think we could do with that injection of pace in the team. Don''t get me wrong, he''s not the worlds best defender, but he knows the league, would encourage us to get forward and who knows, we might not sit so deep and get peppered with shots from long range again this season.

I''m disagreeing with you a lot today, JS.

Almost every detail of that post I think is wrong.

However, I agree that we could do with an injection of pace, as well as the general sentiment that Olsson would be a good signing.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Bowyer is saying that they have had no contact with us.[/quote]

Not necessarily quite. He is saying there has been no contact "as far as I am aware". He may just not be in the loop. That doesn''t rule out Bowkett or McNally having talked to their opposite numbers at Blackburn, or us having spoken to Olsson''s agent.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Bowyer is saying that they have had no contact with us.[/quote]

Not necessarily quite. He is saying there has been no contact "as far as I am aware". He may just not be in the loop. That doesn''t rule out Bowkett or McNally having talked to their opposite numbers at Blackburn, or us having spoken to Olsson''s agent.

[/quote]

There is a paragraph in this article that explains how a bid can be made without a club even knowing it.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/7028?cc=5739

"the buying side will agree a deal with an agent, who will then go away to work on the selling club, possibly without disclosing the identity of his potential purchaser. That is why a club might be linked with a player one day, only for nothing very much to happen for two or three weeks."

The notion that transfers are always worked out by two people haggling over a player like he is a used car is common mistake.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]I''m disagreeing with you a lot today, JS.

Almost every detail of that post I think is wrong.

However, I agree that we could do with an injection of pace, as well as the general sentiment that Olsson would be a good signing.[/quote]

I don''t see what''s wrong with it?

He knows the league as he has played in it.

We got bombarded with shots from range last season that is a fact.

Perhaps Olsson is a better defender than I give him credit for and perhaps him being fast won''t stop the deep defending and long range shots.

What exactly do you not agree with?

Interesting how Russ Martin has redefined himself as a CB at the club, i think with the new signings he''s really going to be battling for this position now - But i take it everyone is in agreement that CB is his best position now?

"Interesting how Russ Martin has redefined himself as a CB at the club, i think with the new signings he''s really going to be battling for this position now - But i take it everyone is in agreement that CB is his best position now?"

I think you posted in the wrong Topic. This is about Martin Olsson who plays on the left where as RM plays on the right.

Ah, it''s because on the 2nd page i was looking at the post showing Naughton coming in to the club again, got completely side swiped there!