Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Martin Ollson bid accepted...

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/england/avslojar-martin-olsson-pa-vag-till-premier-league---blackburn-har-accepterat-et/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This story is front page on Swedish paper Expressen.se the same paper that broke the other Swedish link Toovanan so looks to have some substance getting exciting !!

The article says that one of our players is going the other way ("Fotbollskanalen.se erfar att Premier League-klubben betalar en summa pengar plus

att en av deras spelare går till Blackburn"), but without naming names.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

The article says that one of our players is going the other way ("Fotbollskanalen.se erfar att Premier League-klubben betalar en summa pengar plus att en av deras spelare går till Blackburn"), but without naming names.

[/quote]

I also saw that bit, weren''t Blackburn linked with Vaughan earlier in the close season?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]This story is front page on Swedish paper Expressen.se the same paper that broke the other Swedish link Toovanan so looks to have some substance getting exciting !![/quote]

Wish I knew who he was so I could get excited too

[quote user="Tak"][quote user="Lets be aving you"]

The article says that one of our players is going the other way ("Fotbollskanalen.se erfar att Premier League-klubben betalar en summa pengar plus att en av deras spelare går till Blackburn"), but without naming names.

[/quote]

I also saw that bit, weren''t Blackburn linked with Vaughan earlier in the close season?

[/quote]

Huddersfield, Charlton and Derby have been reported as interested in Vaughan

What is the math (ugh) then?

Vaughan plus £3-4m? ....... therefore with only a little dent in the transfer budget and a vital area solved.

Perfect business and Vaughan returns to the North West.

The article (Google Traslate):

REVEAL: Martin Olsson on his way to the Premier League - Blackburn have accepted an offer
Martin Olsson is about to leave Blackburn.
According to fotbollskanalen.se the club agreed with Norwich.
- There are concrete bid, says agent Hasan Cetinkaya.

Read more
Newcastle boss calls Cabaye ''Kebab'': "I''m smarter than the fans," Toivonen in negotiation with Norwich: "I''ll talk to the club," "City''s scouting system hacked - secret wish lists stolen" Premier League: Mourinho: "I''m the happy one "Soccer channel Europe - season finale in 2013. despite two years left on the contract, Martin Olsson about to leave the Championship team Blackburn game in the Premier League. The English data to fotbollskanalen.se the club agreed with Norwich next week has invited the Swedish left-back and his agent to get acquainted with the association.

- It is true that he has concrete bid from the Premier League. He had in the previous window, too. In the current situation is not clear, but we''ll see what happens, says Hasan Cetinkaya to fotbollskanalen.se.

In January, West Ham wanted to enlist Martin Olsson, but the club did not want to pay the large sum as Blackburn demanded. However Norwich willing to do. Fotbollskanalen.se experience to Premier League club pay a sum of money plus that one of their players go to Blackburn.

- I want to leave and the club knows about, then we will see what becomes of it, said Martin Olsson fotbollskanalen.se in connection with the World Cup qualifier when he trained with the national team.

Injuries ruined his season and Olsson has two years left on the contract with Blackburn that is worth 18 million dollars a year.

Last season ended eleven Norwich in the Premier League. Chris Hughton trains team of Dutch media also have made ​​a bid for Ola Toivonen.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]

REVEAL: Martin Olsson on his way to the Premier League - Blackburn have accepted an offer

Read more
Newcastle boss calls Cabaye ''Kebab'': "I''m smarter than the fans," Toivonen in negotiation with Norwich: "I''ll talk to the club," "City''s scouting system hacked - secret wish lists stolen" Premier League: Mourinho: "I''m the happy one "Soccer channel Europe - season finale in 2013. despite two years left on the contract, Martin Olsson about to leave the Championship team Blackburn game in the Premier League. The English data to fotbollskanalen.se the club agreed with Norwich next week has invited the Swedish left-back and his agent to get acquainted with the association.

- It is true that he has concrete bid from the Premier League. He had in the previous window, too. In the current situation is not clear, but we''ll see what happens, says Hasan Cetinkaya to fotbollskanalen.se.

In January, West Ham wanted to enlist Martin Olsson, but the club did not want to pay the large sum as Blackburn demanded. However Norwich willing to do. Fotbollskanalen.se experience to Premier League club pay a sum of money plus that one of their players go to Blackburn.

- I want to leave and the club knows about, then we will see what becomes of it, said Martin Olsson fotbollskanalen.se in connection with the World Cup qualifier when he trained with the national team.

Injuries ruined his season and Olsson has two years left on the contract with Blackburn that is worth 18 million dollars a year.

Last season ended eleven Norwich in the Premier League. Chris Hughton trains team of Dutch media also have made ​​a bid for Ola Toivonen.

[/quote]

Could somebody please translate for google too?!? :)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

What is the math (ugh) then?

Vaughan plus £3-4m? ....... therefore with only a little dent in the transfer budget and a vital area solved.

Perfect business and Vaughan returns to the North West.

[/quote]

Blackburn were reported to want £4m for Ollson. So may be its £2.5m - £3m plus Vaughan?

Blimey, a transfer rumour with some level of substantiation! Even if it just a Swedish newspaper

If the story started from Expressen it will be most likely reliable. Expressen is quite reliable what comes to their own news, but it still is (dont know if right word) afternoon press paper, so it pick lot of bs from other magazines that gives selling headlines and Swedish national team player moving to premier league is always good story there.

Anyway thumbs up for this move, if true. Olsson is classy defender with still quite a lot potential to develope even better.

Always good to have your ''inside information'' Lavanche. Olsson is the player I''d like to see to compete with Garrido at LB. Even better that he can also play LM if needed. What''s your view on the current situation with Toivenon, Lavanche?

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]

Read more

[/quote]he must be taking a hefty pay cut if his Blackburn contract is for $18m per year. i would guess that is meant to be Krone, but even that is the very top of our (guessed) pay structure.

So happy with this, if true. Been saying for a while that he is the obvious choice for our LB addition this summer. Real quality player and one of the few who can keep up with Walcott. Strong too.

If the Naughton rumours are also true, then our defense - in terms of cover, competition and variation - looks quite remarkable, especially when compared to the defense of our first year in the PL. Every individual defender offers something different, but all provide great competition for each other.

Anyone remember when Zak Whitbread was a good option?

Lavanche: do you have any more info on Hetemaj? Has that gone quiet?

"he must be taking a hefty pay cut if his Blackburn contract is for $18m per year. i would guess that is meant to be Krone, but even that is the very top of our (guessed) pay structure."

Indeed, this is one of countless errors in the Googe translate-sourced translation.

The original refers to 18 million SEK (kronor or Swedish crowns), not dollars. Which works out at about 1.8 million of our GB pounds, or 45 k/week. Very high-sounding for currently a Championship player.

MilitantCanary: Nothing new about Hetemaj yet. After Belarussia game he just stated again that few teams from England and Italy have made offer for him and that for him it is important to take next step, but still getting playing time.

Yellow Since 72: Scandinavian papers seems to know much as english about Toivonen. So what is written in pink un seems to be everything we know up here. Dont speak dutch enough to understand what they are speaking there ^^

So I would guess the situation is quite much as it is stated in media and he considers the move, but is not sure if it is the right one for him.

If all of these rumours are true then a defense of:

RB: Whitaker/Naughton.

CB: Bassong, Turner, Martin, R.Bennett

LB: Garrido/Olsson.

Would be pretty fantastic. Compare that to what formed the majority the season before:

RB: Martin/Naughton(loan)

CB: Ward, Whitbread, Barnett, De Laet, Ayala

LB: Tierney/Drury.

Infact when you look at that it is plausible to think that only Martin and Naughton will remain from that defense only two seasons ago.