Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

£4m bid for ruddy??

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Tak"]Coming from the man who suggested Norwich sign Isco or Nani that is a fairly hypocritical statement. 

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2922209/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

Apart from the fact that I stated VERY clearly at the start of the thread that some targets would be seen as more realistic than others, and that you''ve conveniently picked the two LEAST likely signings out of the bunch, one of whom I again VERY clearly stated that it was doubtful we could afford the wages or even attract, but that it was worth asking a simple question over for the sake of a phonecall...

Aspas has since gone to Liverpool for a ''massive'' 7mil fee (less than Blackburn apparently paid for Rhodes), whilst Maher impressed at the Euro U-21''s and is still wanting to play at the top level and be guaranteed game time - something we can offer both of.

What I didn''t do was pull a bunch of random BS off twitter, then try justify it by claiming it was from an "ITK" source, and then randomly attack other posters in my responses. I''ve also tried to give what I consider to be sensible reasons behind the suggestions, and again, at no point have I claimed we''ve made a bid, are likely to sign them or anything along those lines.

If anything, the thread proved how narrow minded many of our fans were in regards to signing ''bigger name'' players, and that many still see us as a small club with little to offer compared to other premiership rivals...

[/quote]

So it''s okay to have a ''meaningless discussion'' about transfers that will never happen, as long as you start the discussion?

[quote user="Tak"]So it''s okay to have a ''meaningless discussion'' about transfers that will never happen, as long as you start the discussion?[/quote]Apart from my firm belief that a large number of those players are perfectly viable signings, are a cut above what we currently have, and it''s not put forward as a discussion regarding a BS "ITK" rumour, simply a fan expressing their views on potential quality targets (most of whom ARE options for us to consider).But apparently you''d prefer to discuss any old guff that "Yodelling Yarmouth Yellow" (or similar) has splashed all over Twitter...so be it...