Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

£4m bid for ruddy??

[quote user="Skerritt"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Skerritt"] If de gea is with 18m than ruddy must be worth about 4billion.[/quote]

De Gea is a brilliant ''keeper to be fair. There hasn''t really been anyone better than him since he''s been in England.

Though Ruddy is top class too.

[/quote] De gea is a good Keeper in the Spanish leagues but doesn''t quite cut it in a physical league like the prem. if he were to play in the Spanish league he would do very well. Very surprised to see him in the team of the season, but then again, it''s man utd so other keepers from ''small clubs'' like begonia and mignolet (or even Guzan) don''t get a look in.[/quote]

How does he not "quite cut it" in the Prem? He plays for the biggest club in the land (pretty much the biggest in the world) and has just helped them to the league title.

It came as no surprise to me that he was in team of the season.

The guy is top notch, that''s why he is where he is.

Why are we still talking about this? It came from Twitter and you all believe it. What a nightmare for all of you! oh no.

[quote user="Nicko"]Why are we still talking about this? It came from Twitter and you all believe it. What a nightmare for all of you! oh no.[/quote]We''re discussing how good De Gea is in relation to other ''keepers in the Premier League. Along with writing, it appears reading isn''t one of your stronger skills either.

Why are you talking about De Gea when this is a thread about Ruddy? Can''t you read either?

Regardless of the source this has to be so far wide of the Mark. Mignolet is a similar age and quality to Ruddy and his fee is on or around £9m. We know there is a premium on top of that for British players which must put him in the £10m to £12m range and he still has a long contract. If he were in his last 12 months then it may be different

The fact you resort to that nonsense speaks volumes. Great comeback, kiddo.

[quote user="Nicko"]The fact you resort to that nonsense speaks volumes. Great comeback, kiddo.[/quote]You failed miserably to see that the thread had gone on a slight tangent, attacked the poster because of it, and now act all childish and petulant because they pointed out your error and behaviour...You really are a first class tool if your posts are anything to go by...

Do I have to explain sarcasm to you? I have to say, you''re a bully. I hope no-one else has to suffer this crap from you.

Twitter rumour so probably nothing in it anyway. However, on another thread people were saying nothing less than £10mil - just how many keepers have ever gone for that much? Very few! Unless a keeper really wants to go, or the club is very cash-strapped, you are very rarely going to get an offer for a keeper which is too good to reject.

If Ruddy kicked up enough of a fuss that we would be better off letting him go, I''d expect it to be for around 6 or 7 million. But he hasn''t kicked up a fuss, we don''t need to sell, and I''d be very very surprised if he isn''t here next season.

[quote user="Nicko"]Do I have to explain sarcasm to you?[/quote]Ooh, I''ll have to give that one some real thought...nope, I think I''ve got it...yep, definitely![quote]I have to say, you''re a bully. I hope no-one else has to suffer this crap from you.[/quote]I''m a bully for pointing out your own poor behaviour and conduct, along with the ridiculous amount of poor posts you deluge this board with?Maybe you should read this:[url]http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/bully[/url]In fact, I''ll even make it easy for you as the definition is:"a person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker"It''s an internet message board so strength is out the window - as is influence, as Archant certainly don''t hold me in high regard or put me in a lofty position where I can look down on the ''commoners'', and unless you''re actively claiming to be ''weaker'' than I am (despite knowing nothing about me beyond my ability to point our your own nonsense), then I think you''re backing a loser with that entire argument.You really should learn to quit whilst you''re behind, because unless you suddenly display some previously unseen literary ability, I''m going to keep making your awful responses look like the totally silly and ill-advised comments that they are!Care to drop it, or shall we continue???

He doesn''t need to ''kick up a fuss''A player in his position will have a release clausethe agent simply ''chases around'' and if he finds a club interested then in comes the offer - and off goes the player

the riders to this are -the release clause will vary depending on each parties position on signing, not the perceived worth at the timeif the transfer goes ahead both parties will let it be known that that the figure is the highest possible - it''s in both their interestscertain fans will then squeak that their club is a ''selling club''

You really think something of yourself don''t you Indy Bones. I can''t really believe I''ve kept you going for this long over a dodgy rumour on Twitter. I hope you aren''t sciving off work for this!

I''m going to break this down for you though.

I see a post on Twitter about Norwich. It may or may not seem farfetched. That''s irrelevent. I post it to the Pink Un to see what people think. It gets a discussion going. That''s the aim of a forum. Not abusive messages that try to undermine people.

I don''t know what it is that is stopping you from understanding me. But please try to understand what I just typed. Its VITAL.

And for the last time: I don''t believe everything I read Twitter, so you can stop rehashing that same argument.

You big bully! :)

most people hated ruddy When he joined,they''d have bit someone''s hands off for 4 mill back then,glad that isn''t the case now though.

[quote user="Nicko"]I see a post on Twitter about Norwich. It may or may not seem farfetched. That''s irrelevent. I post it to the Pink Un to see what people think. It gets a discussion going. That''s the aim of a forum.[/quote]And this is where you completely fail to see your error.It is NOT irrelevant as to how reliable the information and source is, because most of us don''t want to waste our time in pointless discussions about transfers and deals that will never happen.If some clown decides to put a rumour up on Twitter about us signing Messi for 10p and a bag of chips, then it''s a complete waste of time and energy giving it the time of day, never mind posting it on a discussion forum!Just because it''s a ''discussion'' forum, doesn''t mean that people want to discuss any old tripe that ''sad ken from saddleworth'' has decided to chuck out via social media.Quality over quantity is the key factor here, and if we simply wanted any old gossip regardless, then we''d all be out buying copies of this month''s "Heat" magazine (or some other similar drivel), rather than actually trying to have reasoned conversation about our football club...

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Skerritt"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Skerritt"] If de gea is with 18m than ruddy must be worth about 4billion.[/quote]

De Gea is a brilliant ''keeper to be fair. There hasn''t really been anyone better than him since he''s been in England.

Though Ruddy is top class too.

[/quote]

De gea is a good Keeper in the Spanish leagues but doesn''t quite cut it in a physical league like the prem.
if he were to play in the Spanish league he would do very well. Very surprised to see him in the team of the season, but then again, it''s man utd so other keepers from ''small clubs'' like begonia and mignolet (or even Guzan) don''t get a look in.[/quote]But he adapted. For me, in the last half of the season there was no better ''keeper in the Premier League. Mignolet was up there, but De Gea did some amazing things.I think a lot of people saw De Gea struggle earlier in the season, and then wrote him off too early.[/quote]

Fair enough mate. I personally think we have better in a more assured, dominating keeper who gives confidence to the defenders infront of him. De gea is an unbelievable shot stopper but his biggest flaws for me are his dominance in the air and his lack of communication with his defenders. They don''t seem assure when he is in goal.

Funny this has sprung up.....there was word going around Colney that Arsenal were interested in Ruddy. I questioned this as they have a great young keeper in Szczesny, however who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Same source indicated that word also mentioned we may be interested in Al Habsi, I guess if Ruddy left.

He will be a big draw for bigger clubs, he is one of our stars and prized assets, I truly hope we keep hold of him as we will build with him rather than without him.

Ruddy is worth more to us than £4m. Unfortunately, valuations of keepers are relatively lower than comparable outfield players. But, if we are to finish sixth next season, presumably our keeper will be getting less of the ball so maybe the position is less important than last season?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Nicko"]I see a post on Twitter about Norwich. It may or may not seem farfetched. That''s irrelevent. I post it to the Pink Un to see what people think. It gets a discussion going. That''s the aim of a forum.[/quote]And this is where you completely fail to see your error.It is NOT irrelevant as to how reliable the information and source is, because most of us don''t want to waste our time in pointless discussions about transfers and deals that will never happen.If some clown decides to put a rumour up on Twitter about us signing Messi for 10p and a bag of chips, then it''s a complete waste of time and energy giving it the time of day, never mind posting it on a discussion forum!Just because it''s a ''discussion'' forum, doesn''t mean that people want to discuss any old tripe that ''sad ken from saddleworth'' has decided to chuck out via social media.Quality over quantity is the key factor here, and if we simply wanted any old gossip regardless, then we''d all be out buying copies of this month''s "Heat" magazine (or some other similar drivel), rather than actually trying to have reasoned conversation about our football club...[/quote]Says the man who started a thread called "Rumour has it" and then went on to tell us about a transfer involving Nacer Chadli..........PMSL.

THANK YOU.

Everyone does it. Just depends on what you see as rational and feasible

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Nicko"]I see a post on Twitter about Norwich. It may or may not seem farfetched. That''s irrelevent. I post it to the Pink Un to see what people think. It gets a discussion going. That''s the aim of a forum.[/quote]
And this is where you completely fail to see your error.

It is NOT irrelevant as to how reliable the information and source is, because most of us don''t want to waste our time in pointless discussions about transfers and deals that will never happen.

If some clown decides to put a rumour up on Twitter about us signing Messi for 10p and a bag of chips, then it''s a complete waste of time and energy giving it the time of day, never mind posting it on a discussion forum!

Just because it''s a ''discussion'' forum, doesn''t mean that people want to discuss any old tripe that ''sad ken from saddleworth'' has decided to chuck out via social media.

Quality over quantity is the key factor here, and if we simply wanted any old gossip regardless, then we''d all be out buying copies of this month''s "Heat" magazine (or some other similar drivel), rather than actually trying to have reasoned conversation about our football club...
[/quote]

Coming from the man who suggested Norwich sign Isco or Nani that is a fairly hypocritical statement.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2922209/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Nicko"]I see a post on Twitter about Norwich. It may or may not seem farfetched. That''s irrelevent. I post it to the Pink Un to see what people think. It gets a discussion going. That''s the aim of a forum.[/quote]
And this is where you completely fail to see your error.

It is NOT irrelevant as to how reliable the information and source is, because most of us don''t want to waste our time in pointless discussions about transfers and deals that will never happen.

[/quote]

When are we putting in bids for Ter Stegen, Isco and Nani?

[quote user="Tak"]Coming from the man who suggested Norwich sign Isco or Nani that is a fairly hypocritical statement. 

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2922209/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

Apart from the fact that I stated VERY clearly at the start of the thread that some targets would be seen as more realistic than others, and that you''ve conveniently picked the two LEAST likely signings out of the bunch, one of whom I again VERY clearly stated that it was doubtful we could afford the wages or even attract, but that it was worth asking a simple question over for the sake of a phonecall...

Aspas has since gone to Liverpool for a ''massive'' 7mil fee (less than Blackburn apparently paid for Rhodes), whilst Maher impressed at the Euro U-21''s and is still wanting to play at the top level and be guaranteed game time - something we can offer both of.

What I didn''t do was pull a bunch of random BS off twitter, then try justify it by claiming it was from an "ITK" source, and then randomly attack other posters in my responses. I''ve also tried to give what I consider to be sensible reasons behind the suggestions, and again, at no point have I claimed we''ve made a bid, are likely to sign them or anything along those lines.

If anything, the thread proved how narrow minded many of our fans were in regards to signing ''bigger name'' players, and that many still see us as a small club with little to offer compared to other premiership rivals...

If Mignolet''s quoted price is between £8m and £10m, then Ruddys should be too.

If we really do want to cash in on him, we should wait until January by which time he will have played 15 more impressive games and the big clubs can''t then fail to sit up and take notice.

Ruddy and Bassong are going straight into my fantasy league team this season.