Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Medical happening now...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Toivonen is obviously very weird indeed. He spends his working time as a professional footballer but has no interest in using up his leisure time watching other people doing the same kind of job? Just bizarre. I spent every walking moment when I wasn''t working as a chartered accountant glued to the Accountancy Channel on TV and I imagine that is the same with most other posters in that or other lines of employment.[/quote]

Well, I do like to watch "The Good Wife"  (More4, Thursdays, 9pm).

I particularly like the suggestion that he might spend Saturday afternoons watching Norwich City on a dodgy internet stream.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Toivonen is obviously very weird indeed. He spends his working time as a professional footballer but has no interest in using up his leisure time watching other people doing the same kind of job? Just bizarre. I spent every walking moment when I wasn''t working as a chartered accountant glued to the Accountancy Channel on TV and I imagine that is the same with most other posters in that or other lines of employment.[/quote]

I particularly like the suggestion that he might spend Saturday afternoons watching Norwich City on a dodgy internet stream.

[/quote]I wasn''t suggesting that at all.If you actually read the post, I was just suggesting that the previous posters point that "not many NCFC games were on TV last season" was irrelevant.And Purple, if you follow any footballers on Twitter you''ll learn that a lot of them watch a lot of football on TV.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]

Yes, but that is mere fiction (and you know blank-faced whatshername is going to win the case for the law firm right at the end). I cannot imagine it is anywhere near as gripping as the real-life dramas of the Accountancy Channel. Who can forget the 12-part series on "Fiduciary Duty" or the riveting explanation of the implications of the 2012 Finance Act? Just great television.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]I wasn''t suggesting that at all.If you actually read the post, I was just suggesting that the previous posters point that "not many NCFC games were on TV last season" was irrelevant.And Purple, if you follow any footballers on Twitter you''ll learn that a lot of them watch a lot of football on TV.[/quote]

I don''t - follow footballers on twitter - but I can imagine that''s true.of English players. But how many of them stay in to watch Dutch football? I can imagine Toivonen looking at games from his league, and perhaps Sweden, and possibly games from the tactically and technically interesting leagues, such as Germany or Spain or Italy. But based on what he''s said it seems he doesn''t care to do even that.I understood the point you were making about TV football availability. My post was more aimed at the idea that somehow Toivonen was being arrogant for not knowing much about Norwich City, despite there being no reason at all why he should have done.

"He spends his working time as a

professional footballer but has no interest in using up his leisure time

watching other people doing the same kind of job? Just bizarre"

possibly not on a Saturday afternoon

.............when most of City''s games are shown live

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]It would be funny if you weren''t serious.[/quote]

No, seriously, I do enjoy the Good Wife.

But given Purple''s comments I''m looking to subscribe to the Accountancy Channel.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]Purple, surely you did not mean to omit a mention for Tangible Fixed Assets?[/quote]I did. Mean to omit. Tangible broke the habit of a near-lifetime a while ago and (half-) answered a question I put. So he is in my good (accountancy) books. For now.[8-|]

Anyone interested in what Toivonen actually said

"...what I have at home is not the right TV channels. I only have Canal Digital, so I have not seen a Premier League match this year. So I can tell you very little about Norwich City.  I realise now I should have been watching the team on a dodgy internet stream and I apologise to their fans for any offence caused."

I think we are more interested as to who actually was having the medical. It must be finished by now so I''m sure that Buzz Killington will be along shortly to tell us all about it.

Spot on Purps, i do miss ATV. My world has fell apart since its demise. I just don''t get my debit and credit kicks any more!

Mr Brownstone wrote - "The original post on Wrath also says that it''s not neccessarily for a new signing, they are also booked for contract extensions. "

Yep, dog just said that there was a medical scheduled for NCFC and that he had no more details.

But.....

The OP said that the medical was happening now and it was a ''reliable friend'' that told him. The OP should be able to give us some more detail now?

If you watch the ATV late at night, after midnight it turns in a really seedy Euro ATV. Proper Accounting filth.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Mr Brownstone wrote - "The original post on Wrath also says that it''s not neccessarily for a new signing, they are also booked for contract extensions. "

Yep, dog just said that there was a medical scheduled for NCFC and that he had no more details.

But.....

The OP said that the medical was happening now and it was a ''reliable friend'' that told him. The OP should be able to give us some more detail now?[/quote]

All I said was a player was having a medical today. I know nothing more. The guy who told me has previously known about players signing well before they have signed, therefore he''s reliable. I''ve no reason to disbelieve him. He''s also never been wrong.

I''ve heard they want to see how players perform without sleep so during these extra long medicals the player is locked in a room with CH and have to discuss negative tactics and the quality of the other teams in the EPL.

Once this test is completed successfully they go to asda for a magnificent 7 breakfast with extra beans.

Lol a thread like this is as regular as Christmas, comes along every year.

Perhaps they''re testing his patience with watching paint dry.  Useful for our home matches, especially if he''s going to be on the bench until the 93rd minute when Houghton makes all his substitutions.

Presumably they have to wait for some results. Often players also have medicals before some of the finer details of the deal are sorted out.

Or perhaps it was all nonsense and there was no medical at all!

The medical has gone into a second day with the reliable source saying it may run over to a third.

[quote user="Hog"]Lol a thread like this is as regular as Christmas, comes along every year.[/quote]I''ve learned to love the ''my reliable mate told me'' threads over the years Hog. Every time it transpires their ''reliable mate'' is either fictional, themself, or a lying attention seeker who wants to make themselves look big. Nobodys reliable mate has ever been correct, but it doesn''t stop making their claims entertain us all in the looooong close season.

The result keeps coming back positive, and this is blowing Hughton''s mind.

If he wants to substitute the findings, experience tells me he might well leave it till the last minute.

I find HP or Heinz to be the only reliable sauce. Pink-un posters claiming to have insider knowlege or a friend who knows blah blah, 99.9% of the time are talking bull5hit. This one is no different.