Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Medical happening now...

Is your info reliable or are you just speculating?

"Medical scheduled" (not sure of date/time) posted on WOTB at 09:35 this morning.

Solved...

https://twitter.com/footballcovered/status/344797220194893824

Looking forward to the NEW squad being revealed 3pm on July 1st.

LOL...

Does anyone know how long it is between Medical and Deal Done?

I know that when it is cutting it fine at the end of windows this can be very quick but when there is no pressure what can we expect?

Can we assume that nothing will be announced until 1st July?

Just heard something about an interest in Ognjen Vukojevic. Ties in with what I''ve been hearing about us having pretty regular contact with Dynamo Kyiv.

I don''t know much about him - except that he''s good - nor do I know how reliable this rumour is. Just f.y.i.

If it is true, given that he has just come back from a fairly major injury, it better be a stringent medical. £5m sick notes are not a good thing.

pablofarmer wrote - "for those of us who cant get twitter at work, can you tell us what it says?"

It is a tweet from yesterday that says Ola Toivonen will be having a medical today. The tweeter is not a big name though so don''t take it as Gospel (especially as Toivonen is supposed to be enjoying his vacation now). I would say that it could be any of a number of prospective new players, not everyone advertises transfer business.

Pablo, the actual Twiiter comment said:

"PSV Eindhoven''s Swedish international forward Ola Toivonen will arrive in Norwich tomorrow for a medical. €5M fee agreed."

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Ognjen Vukojevic plays for Spartak Moscow i thought[/quote]On loan to Moscow

Militant Canary wote - "Just heard something about an interest in Ognjen Vukojevic. Ties in with what I''ve been hearing about us having pretty regular contact with Dynamo Kyiv.

I don''t know much about him - except that he''s good - nor do I know how reliable this rumour is. Just f.y.i. "

There was a discussion about him a little while back. The guy is quality and I would love to see him here.

I doubt very much that anything is going on today, it is all most likely speculation and rumours as always.

A more recent article in NewsNow on Toivenon says: "The 26-year-old, who bagged seven goals in 13 Eredivisie appearances last season, says he would spend the remainder of the week considering his future." The story seems to be shifting around a bit!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Really hope it''s not him. Dislike him already lol[/quote]

He does sound a bit arrogant, bordering on ignorant. Probably be one of those players that everyone else loves to hate e.g. Hucks and Holt Savage & Barton. Great when he''s on your side!

Really hope we can pull this one off, but signs are not looking great with some of the quotes bundled about today.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Really hope it''s not him. Dislike him already lol[/quote]

He does sound a bit arrogant, bordering on ignorant. Probably be one of those players that everyone else loves to hate e.g. Hucks and Holt Savage & Barton. Great when he''s on your side!

Really hope we can pull this one off, but signs are not looking great with some of the quotes bundled about today.

[/quote]Did read somewhere (if i can find it will post) that nothing is going to happen for a month, take it how you will

ok here it is, and is he waiting for one of the big bigs to take him ??http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-bromwich-albion-transfer-update-4310125

Seems to me a bit of over-reaction going on.

He''s said he wants to have a good think about his position and he won''t just take the first offer that comes in, it has got to be the right club for him.  Shock horror !

Also his comment about not knowing much about the PL, the actual quote in the interview was saying that last year his TV subscription didn''t include channels showing the PL so he isn''t very up to speed with things in the PL, again that strikes me as fair enough for a player based in Holland.

Not going to worry about this one - he sounds like a level-headed guy who will think sensibly about his options, in the meantime we are surely looking elsewhere too.

That''s rather silly. Nothing is likely to happen for a month anyway, at least not officially.

Could be that he is having a medical in readiness, Also it''s not unheard of for players to have medicals and discuss terms with more than one club - especially if fees have been agreed with their parent club with several clubs and it is down to them to choose.

I don''t see this him as being incredibly arrogant, I think it''s more a fact of reality. How many games were we televised for last season? And how many of those were shown abroad? Especially on the cable connection he has?

On top of that, as a professional I expect he was more concerned with watching games from his own league - much as I doubt how many Norwich City players watch games on a regular basis from Holland, France, Italy or Spain. Sure they might watch the top clubs like the Real/Barca games or equivalent elsewhere, but their main focus will be on their rivals.

Plus, we are talking about the next level of footballers now. As much as we admire the charm and guile of the Simon Lappin''s and Russell Martin''s of this world, if you want someone with that something extra then you only have to look around to see that many have an air of arrogance about them.

Bellamy for starters, Rio Ferdinand, Ronaldo (either of them) even Giggs in his hey day. The thing is, the best players know they are better than most, they know what makes them better and know how to make what they have work.

It''s not the same sort of arrogance as Barton or Vinnie Jones for example who''s real asset is antagonism. It''s an almost silly amount of confidence in their ability.

[quote user="chicken"]That''s rather silly. Nothing is likely to happen for a month anyway, at least not officially.

Could be that he is having a medical in readiness, Also it''s not unheard of for players to have medicals and discuss terms with more than one club - especially if fees have been agreed with their parent club with several clubs and it is down to them to choose.

I don''t see this him as being incredibly arrogant, I think it''s more a fact of reality. How many games were we televised for last season? And how many of those were shown abroad? Especially on the cable connection he has?

On top of that, as a professional I expect he was more concerned with watching games from his own league - much as I doubt how many Norwich City players watch games on a regular basis from Holland, France, Italy or Spain. Sure they might watch the top clubs like the Real/Barca games or equivalent elsewhere, but their main focus will be on their rivals.

Plus, we are talking about the next level of footballers now. As much as we admire the charm and guile of the Simon Lappin''s and Russell Martin''s of this world, if you want someone with that something extra then you only have to look around to see that many have an air of arrogance about them.

Bellamy for starters, Rio Ferdinand, Ronaldo (either of them) even Giggs in his hey day. The thing is, the best players know they are better than most, they know what makes them better and know how to make what they have work.

It''s not the same sort of arrogance as Barton or Vinnie Jones for example who''s real asset is antagonism. It''s an almost silly amount of confidence in their ability.[/quote]Many overseas cable channels show every Premier League game live. This is how;* There are so many European pay TV subscriptions at local pubs showing every NCFC game live.* There is always a dodgy stream available online.I''m not disagreeing with your overall point, however I just wanted to clarify that if anyone outside the UK want to get live Premier League on a pay TV subscription, it''s pretty easy to do so.

"There are so many European pay TV subscriptions at local pubs showing every NCFC game live."

it maybe that this fellow has other things to do rather than watching football on a Saturday afternoon

who knows ?

Toivonen is obviously very weird indeed. He spends his working time as a professional footballer but has no interest in using up his leisure time watching other people doing the same kind of job? Just bizarre. I spent every walking moment when I wasn''t working as a chartered accountant glued to the Accountancy Channel on TV and I imagine that is the same with most other posters in that or other lines of employment.

And naturally you''d think that a player who has to move to a different country would need a little longer to think about it. It isn''t as though he''s just going to chuck his gear into a Pickford''s van and move a 100 miles up the road.