Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Lets not forget !

I don''t want to bring the feel good factor down with all the signings / targets etc ,

How do you think we will play this season ? fast flowing attacking ? cautious defence  minded ? counter attacking ? will we create a lot of chances for rvw ? 

I just think if we get in the players we are linked with and then play same style we played last season will we improve or waste the attacking talent that needs a more attacking style ?

I think the football will be better next season. The results might not end up being, i think we''ll still finish between 10th and 16th, but i think we won''t be restricted by a lack of attacking options.

A couple of quick players and a classy operator at AM like Honda or Van Ginkel or maybe one more realistic name like Toivonen and we''ll kick on.

The likes of Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and Man City won''t take us lightly any more though.

don''t get me wrong I think a few flair players and some pace is what we need but we need to play to their strengths ,

now if we played they way we did last season to just get us enough points to stay in the league fine ! but if we play same style this year the flair and goalscorers will be wasted as imho holt was last season ,

what I am trying to say it is more than players we need ,tactics will be just as important this season its a massive year for hughton and his team this year ,you can buy all the flair and goalscorers you want but can we use them to the best effect ?

I think it will all depend on the opposition on how we play and how hughton will want us to play against the particular team we wont play free flowing football against Chelsea for example but try and attack them in numbers in the break but against teams like Stoke we should play a more expansive free flowing type of football.

All we wanted last season was just to make sure we were safe and worry about developing our style next season. But now we''ve done that, expecations will be high and there won''t be a lot of tolerance from fans for more of the same. Fans will be looking for signs of more dynamic and adventurous football from the off.

We saw signs of that to be fair against Baggies and Citeh but it''s hard to judge those games given the opposition were asleep on the ball!

I do think RvW''s signing gives us a clue, even though he''s just one player.  You imagine we will play to his strengths and these, according to Michael Bailey''s scouting mission, are as a lone forward running on to smart through balls and finishing balls to feet in the box. So a different lone forward role to the one Holt played last year. That''s not to say he won''t be used in other ways - in a front pairing most obviously - but given the manner in which we signed him, it''s obvious he had been identified some time ago as a number 1 target because of his strengths.

So if we do use him as a lone forward, the rest of the team will need to adapt because it will be quite different to playing with Holt up top, even if the formation is the same.

I agree and think the football will be much better next season. CH seemed to be quite limited last season, it was clear he didn''t the get his own targets - we seemed to be signing players off the back of PL. I.e snodgrass - a long term target of PL''s.

I''d like to think the signing of RVW is a statement of intent from CH. I have a feeling if he gets even half of the players linked then we''l have an excellent season.

" it was clear he didn''t the get his own targets"

nonsense, you''ve no idea who Hughton''s ''targets'' werewhat is known is that the scouting network is still the same scouting network that was in existence, and working, before Hughton arrivedand as with Snodgrass and Butterfield it can be thought that the acquisition of players has moved on considerably from the days of the 1970''s where the manager was left to find the players, agree fees and contracts etcmy understanding is that the work of players being identified and brought into the club is taken at almost board level with Hughton having an input - how much is a moot point, but there hasn''t been any reports of Hughton attending other games to watch playersthe manager is now one gog in the machine - not the only cog, as before

[quote user="City1st"]" it was clear he didn''t the get his own targets"

nonsense, you''ve no idea who Hughton''s ''targets'' were

what is known is that the scouting network is still the same scouting network that was in existence, and working, before Hughton arrived

and as with Snodgrass and Butterfield it can be thought that the acquisition of players has moved on considerably from the days of the 1970''s where the manager was left to find the players, agree fees and contracts etc

my understanding is that the work of players being identified and brought into the club is taken at almost board level with Hughton having an input - how much is a moot point, but there hasn''t been any reports of Hughton attending other games to watch players

the manager is now one gog in the machine - not the only cog, as before

[/quote]

i dont know how it works, i woudl suspect a scout informs Hughton of a player.. he then watches said player himself or has him well scouted.. presents the opportunity to the board and then waits to see what happens.

ok the scouting system works with another premier league club not sure if same with Norwich   with alot of local up to say 5 to 10 local scouts in each league they watch a game or just a player if then they recommend a player then the  head scout will scout foreign or England then recommend to chief scout who then works with manager and board the local scouts are not really paid that much most ex pros living around the world a lot of old pals act !