Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Twitter

[quote user="Nicko"] I''m not the one bitching on here about being fed false information. I find it myself.[/quote] The false information?

Twitter is what you make of it.

If you follow a bunch of kids or loners who want to make up transfer rumours that is all you''ll get out of it, but if you follow people with interesting opinions or knowledge then that is what you will get back out of it.

You can''t compare Twitter to something like Footballrumours.com because it is so much broader than that. It is a quick way to get information from sources across the world in an instant, of course not all that information is going to be valid and that is where it takes personal discretion to make a judgement on what is true and what isn''t - but you also have to do that when watching people on the news or reading a newspaper.

Searching on Twitter can be a great way to assess the provinence of a rumour, you can see a timeline leading back to the orginal source pretty quickly and soon work out how much truth there might be in it or not. It is also a good way to find out about linked players, I doubt everyone would have become an expert on Toivonen so quickly if it wasn''t for Twitter links to articles or tweets from footballer writers/fans on their opinions on him from various countries.

Whilst Twitter itself may not be the greatest source of information, it allows you to find good information pretty damn quickly.

"I''m not going to have to repeat myself just because you can''t read."oh dear

[quote user="Nicko"]I''m not going to sit here and defend Twitter.[/quote]You already tried to in an earlier post!As it happens I DO have a twitter account (even if I rarely post anything), but I''m also not naive enough to believe everything I read, nor will I repost any old tosh associated with the club just because someone claiming to be "ITK" bangs it up on Twitter...The fact is Nicko that you regularly post a load of rubbish, are often rude and offensive to other posters, and so far today have failed miserably to ''defend'' yourself after a number of crappy posts, and have now decided to dig yourself even deeper into a pit of stupidity...Trying taking a step back, applying a bit of self-inspection, and realising that you''re being a clown, and then come back with a fresh approach (and less drivel posts in the process).

[quote user="Tak"]

Twitter is what you make of it.

If you follow a bunch of kids or loners who want to make up transfer rumours that is all you''ll get out of it, but if you follow people with interesting opinions or knowledge then that is what you will get back out of it.

You can''t compare Twitter to something like Footballrumours.com because it is so much broader than that. It is a quick way to get information from sources across the world in an instant, of course not all that information is going to be valid and that is where it takes personal discretion to make a judgement on what is true and what isn''t - but you also have to do that when watching people on the news or reading a newspaper.

Searching on Twitter can be a great way to assess the provinence of a rumour, you can see a timeline leading back to the orginal source pretty quickly and soon work out how much truth there might be in it or not. It is also a good way to find out about linked players, I doubt everyone would have become an expert on Toivonen so quickly if it wasn''t for Twitter links to articles or tweets from footballer writers/fans on their opinions on him from various countries.

Whilst Twitter itself may not be the greatest source of information, it allows you to find good information pretty damn quickly.

[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth.

"of course not all that information is going to be valid and that is

where it takes personal discretion to make a judgement on what is true

and what isn''t - but you also have to do that when watching people on

the news or reading a newspaper."

not trueboth those sources are accountable and need to maintain a degree of credibilitywhereas twitters has non of that requirement as it is open to every lunatic who can peck at a boxotherwise it is little more than a reflection of how empty some folks lives are that they would wish to receive a continuess stream of meaningless guff from other similar minded numpties

Be careful, don''t have a Twitter account. That means you believe everything you read/see/hear.

[quote user="Nicko"]Also Indy Bones, get a life mate.[/quote]I''m not the one spending hours scouring twitter for any old nonsense rumour and then rushing to post it on here though am I?Guess you were too stubborn to take my advice about self-inspection weren''t you...

Why the hell would I? Thanks for listing a few of my faults by the way, have you taken the time to assess your own?

Also I don''t do that. I see something about Norwich - I post it. Do you wait on here for all your information and then cross examine everyone posting? Yes.

I will apologise for calling you stupid. I''d like to thank Indy Bones for giving me a thorough dressing down.

[quote user="Nicko"]I''d like to thank Indy Bones for giving me a thorough dressing down.[/quote]You''re welcome, and I''m happy to keep doing so until you make some positive changes [:)]

[quote user="Nicko"]Also, there have been news reports about interest in Ruddy so it isn''t nonsense.[/quote]

More Twitter tosh so I suggest you smell the coffee Nicko.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]More Twitter tosh so I suggest you smell the coffee Nicko.[/quote]He can''t even smell the crap that''s wafting off Twitter Til, so I think coffee is going to be a step too far...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-chasing-norwich-keeper-ruddy-3963978?utm_source=main_feed

[quote user="Nicko"]http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-chasing-norwich-keeper-ruddy-3963978?utm_source=main_feed[/quote]

Are you for real if you believe one word of that garbage ?

Its in The People which is a local Birmingham rag.

And for the last time, I''m not saying I believe it. I just thought it might be interesting to some people. Obviously not. Which is fine!

[quote user="Nicko"]http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-chasing-norwich-keeper-ruddy-3963978?utm_source=main_feed[/quote]No source, no facts and it''s already been re-tweeted by at least 4 accounts on Twitter regardless of this...Add in a total lack of genuine information such as potential transfer fee or why Ruddy would even want to move to Villa when he''s first choice here, and it''s a complete non-starter from an article and fact perspective.Congrats on shooting youself in the foot so effectively, whilst demonstrating how Twitter can be used to re-post any old drivel...Perhaps you can spend the next few days cruising other "ITK" sites such as:[url]http://www.dodgybsrumoursthatwillneverhappenbutwillberetweeted.com/bullcrap/nicko[/url]

[quote user="Nicko"]http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-chasing-norwich-keeper-ruddy-3963978?utm_source=main_feed[/quote]Sorry, I''m confused. Where in the above ''article'' does it mention that a

£4million transfer offer for John Ruddy has been received and rejected?

It''s such a long and in depth ''article'' so I may have missed it in the detail.

"Its in The People which is a local Birmingham rag.

"

eh !

Twitter is useful for businesses to promote one day offers, sales etc.i use it to promote a football team i run, with some success too.the rest of it is just crap!

I''m not sure how many times I have to reiterate.

I don''t expect you to believe it. I don''t believe it. I posted it because I thought some people might find it interesting.

I hear that Pele is going to come out of retirement and sign for us, leaving RVW warming the bench in the process..."I don''t expect you to believe it, I posted it because I thought some people might find it interesting."What a total crock and waste of everyone''s time (including my own for having to type this out to point out the stupidity in your response yet again...)

""Its in The People which is a local Birmingham rag.

"

now, does that fall under your .."I don''t expect you to believe it. I don''t believe it. I posted it because I thought some people might find it interesting."as well ?

[quote user="Nicko"] I don''t expect you to believe it. I don''t believe it. I posted it because I thought some people might find it interesting.[/quote]

So let me get this right....... you do not believe it and do not expect anybody else to believe it but thought it was interesting ?  [*-)][8-)]

Dear God what planet are you from exactly ?

The Paul Lambert resignation rumours were floating around twitter more than a day before the news came out on Sky Sports News..

What I find interesting is those people who put down Twitter yet believe everything on SSN...

I''m not defending Twitter as I can see it''s downsides. But there are merits to it as well.