Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Twitter

Why is it that twitter is all of a sudden some sort of reliable source?

If somebody randomly said to you in the street that Holt/Hoolahan/Ruddy was leaving would you believe it?

I mean, at first it was ''inside info'' journos or ''in the know'' folks who maybe got something right before. But now it seems to be any old person who uses the right hashtags and makes the most intriguing rumours.

It isn''t a reliable source, and no-one with any clue about football on here has ever thought it is.

Its not a reliable source.

A few posters have put up rumours they have seen on Twitter. Very few of those posters have actually said they believe it. And nearly every post started with a twitter rumour is followed by multiple put downs of either Twitter and/or the OP.

Judging from the amount of threads on here from people listening to twitter nu it seems to me they are either desperate for a rumour to circulate or actually believe it.

Norwich gets very little media attention on the whole anyway. I don''t believe everything I read on Twitter but I do think its a great source of info, not necessarily for transfers. Anyone who disagrees doesn''t have a Twitter account or is just plain stupid.

Least it''s something to talk about. I guess the drawback is, it does spread the manure a little further.

The answer I suppose is to sit tight and just wait for the signings to be officially announced and try not to get caught up in the whirlwind of speculation.

[quote user="Nicko"]Norwich gets very little media attention on the whole anyway. I don''t believe everything I read on Twitter but I do think its a great source of info, not necessarily for transfers. Anyone who disagrees doesn''t have a Twitter account or is just plain stupid.[/quote]

Or they can get more reliable sources of non football transfer info from a book :¬)

These last couple of years it has often been the first place for breaking news. Just ignore the Tom, Dick & Harrys, but look for Tweets from the players themselves, their WAGs, clubs, directors, etc. I can''t believe how gullible some people are believing what they read on these various football related Tweeters.

It''s good to chat about potentials, but Ola Toivenon seems to be the only rumour so far which is actually true even though there''s been no comment from anyone at NCFC.

[quote user="Nicko"]Norwich gets very little media attention on the whole anyway. I don''t believe everything I read on Twitter but I do think its a great source of info, not necessarily for transfers. Anyone who disagrees doesn''t have a Twitter account or is just plain stupid.[/quote]You post things like this, then have the nerve to claim that other posters are obnoxious!?!?!?Do one, you complete muppet.

yes, twitter is a good source for news. but then again so is bbc and sky sports.

whhen it comes to rumours, it is not that reliable. the only reliable "leaks" seem to come from sky sports or, shockingly, Moose of Talkshite. but both of which can be found on their respective websites.

twitter is really only useful to contact people in which you may not be able to keep in contact with... or stalking.

I tend to do both.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Nicko"]Norwich gets very little media attention on the whole anyway. I don''t believe everything I read on Twitter but I do think its a great source of info, not necessarily for transfers. Anyone who disagrees doesn''t have a Twitter account or is just plain stupid.[/quote]You post things like this, then have the nerve to claim that other posters are obnoxious!?!?!?Do one, you complete muppet.[/quote]

Not obnoxious, just honest. Twitter is a prime source or real time information. That should be obvious.

Exactly how many fakey troll acounts and ITK pink un profiles do you have mate?

God how boring. I didn''t even post this rumour. So what if I do, this forum is for discussion.

[quote user="Nicko"]Twitter is a prime source or real time gossip. That should be obvious.[/quote]Fixed that for you, and if you keep posting, you''ll end up being late for your date with the Tooth Fairy (and I hear on Twitter that she can be a nasty piece of work if you stand her up, so it MUST be legit)...

indy bones is right. Twitter is useful for gossip and rumour, not proper information.

Why would you make it public?

What on earth is your problem Indy Bones? You seem to be very bitter about something.

Anyway, I suggest you read a book. Because Twitter is hugely powerful and will get news before any other news sources. It''s very easy to sift through the nonsense. If you find that hard, then it''s not my problem.

[quote user="Nicko"]It''s very easy to sift through the nonsense. If you find that hard, then it''s not my problem.[/quote]What I find hard to understand is your willingness to seemingly believe anything that''s posted on Twitter regardless of how unlikely it is, or whether or not the source is genuinely credible or is someone who''s simply slinging mud around to see what sticks and then trying to take credit for it...If it''s that easy to sift through the nonsense, why do you keep posting stuff that clearly IS nonsense and then wasting time trying to defend it???As for my problem, I don''t appreciate loud-mouthed yobs, who call other posters obnoxious despite posting much more rude and offensive comments themselves, not to mention spamming the board with a load of garbage posts about ridiculous rumours or suggestions that do nothing more than waste the time of anyone who''s unlucky enough to read them.You start making sensible and well thought out posts and replies, and I''ll return to being polite and courteous, and if not, you can simply do one as far as I''m concerned...

Tried twitter for a while, but seems a waste of time.   I can''t even begin to fathom out the point of it.    Correct me if I''m wrong, but twitter seems to be full of people who think they are somebody and want to "share" it, or on the other hand full of wannabes who want to feel they are somehow connecting to their "heroes".    To others it is a place to create rumours and mis-information.  To the rest it is just a gossip house where comments are thrown around with no control over accuracy.    Unhealthy, verging on dangerous (on the mis-information part of it), time wasting and sad.    The amount of time and energy wasted on twitter could be better spent watching paint dry - at least watching paint dry  gives you time to contemplate and think for yourself instead of spending time not using your brain, just looking at something that is 99% trash, crass, innacurate, misleading or just plain pointless.Other than that it''s ok [:)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Nicko"]It''s very easy to sift through the nonsense. If you find that hard, then it''s not my problem.[/quote]What I find hard to understand is your willingness to seemingly believe anything that''s posted on Twitter regardless of how unlikely it is, or whether or not the source is genuinely credible or is someone who''s simply slinging mud around to see what sticks and then trying to take credit for it...If it''s that easy to sift through the nonsense, why do you keep posting stuff that clearly IS nonsense and then wasting time trying to defend it???As for my problem, I don''t appreciate loud-mouthed yobs, who call other posters obnoxious despite posting much more rude and offensive comments themselves, not to mention spamming the board with a load of garbage posts about ridiculous rumours or suggestions that do nothing more than waste the time of anyone who''s unlucky enough to read them.You start making sensible and well thought out posts and replies, and I''ll return to being polite and courteous, and if not, you can simply do one as far as I''m concerned...[/quote]

If you look at what I''ve said previously, you''ll see that I''ve said a few times I don''t believe everything posted on Twitter. And If you''d bothered to read my previous comments I''ve said you have to sift through the rubbish. I''m not going to have to repeat myself just because you can''t read.

I also posted the thread on Robbie Savage. I got this through Twitter. This thread was clearly an attack on me hence why I posted in a defensive manner. There was no need for your scathing remarks on the other thread.

This is all familiar though. You don''t seem to like what I post and frankly I couldn''t care less. Don''t make a scene next time though eh.

[quote user="Nicko"]What on earth is your problem Indy Bones? You seem to be very bitter about something.

Anyway, I suggest you read a book. Because Twitter is hugely powerful and will get news before any other news sources. It''s very easy to sift through the nonsense. If you find that hard, then it''s not my problem.[/quote]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10006028/Boston-marathon-bombings-how-social-media-identified-wrong-suspects.htmlClearly it''s not.

Also, there have been news reports about interest in Ruddy so it isn''t nonsense.

I''m not going to sit here and defend Twitter. I''m not the one bitching on here about being fed false information. I find it myself.