Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

how much do pink un posters drink ?

Too much!

Well recently anyway. For the 4/5 weeks in Canterbury this term after deadlines gone out way too much and drank way too much. Actually been acting like a student. When I drink, I drink too much. I mix as well, I try to be manly and start with pints of larger, unless Desperados is on offer (love Spoons, 2 for £5 get in!!). Sweedish Cider also. But then I need vodka or whisky. Been drinking a lot of Southern Comfort and lemonade recently (doubles always), and if drinking at someones house before going out or something normally wine as its easy and a cheapish bottle (or two) gets the job done!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Too much!

Well recently anyway. For the 4/5 weeks in Canterbury this term after deadlines gone out way too much and drank way too much. Actually been acting like a student. When I drink, I drink too much. I mix as well, I try to be manly and start with pints of larger, unless Desperados is on offer (love Spoons, 2 for £5 get in!!). Sweedish Cider also. But then I need vodka or whisky. Been drinking a lot of Southern Comfort and lemonade recently (doubles always), and if drinking at someones house before going out or something normally wine as its easy and a cheapish bottle (or two) gets the job done![/quote]I''ll have what you''re having Ginger, sounds like fun.

I quite enjoy Ruddles, so always go for wetherspoons £1.99 pint, so do 5 of those before ive even started properly... cant think of anywhere you can get 4 pints for a tenner let alone 5, the price alone makes the sufferance of being in The Bell worth it

Saturday Morning about half 4 for climbing on a rollercoaster (well the maintainance steps bit to clarify, not the track).

Missed Iron Maiden and Rammstein! So pissed off!

[quote user="im spartacus"]3 or 4 cans of carling or carlsberg or whatever is on offer at the supermarket per night, have the odd drink free night but not often... is this too much ? how much do others drink on here ? OTBC[/quote]Pretty similar, though I prefer red wine or cider.I can''t drink when I''m away at work for 5 weeks, so usually make it my mission to drink twice as much on my 5 weeks off.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]3 or 4 cans of carling or carlsberg or whatever is on offer at the supermarket per night, have the odd drink free night but not often... is this too much ? how much do others drink on here ? OTBC[/quote]

Pretty similar, though I prefer red wine or cider.

I can''t drink when I''m away at work for 5 weeks, so usually make it my mission to drink twice as much on my 5 weeks off.

[:)]
[/quote]

Same Morty, but substiture Cider for ale (or Desparados for a quick lunch time refrsher)! Where do you work? I do 5 on 5 off on a Seismic survey ship.

Way too much drinking from some of you guys.

My mate who likes acouple of drinks at home after work is currently ill and hospitalised possibly drink related after being taken ill abroad and is still in hospital in Greece one week later.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]3 or 4 cans of carling or carlsberg or whatever is on offer at the supermarket per night, have the odd drink free night but not often... is this too much ? how much do others drink on here ? OTBC[/quote]

Pretty similar, though I prefer red wine or cider.

I can''t drink when I''m away at work for 5 weeks, so usually make it my mission to drink twice as much on my 5 weeks off.

[:)]
[/quote]

Same Morty, but substiture Cider for ale (or Desparados for a quick lunch time refrsher)! Where do you work? I do 5 on 5 off on a Seismic survey ship.

[/quote]

Forget my question Morty - just seen the Pinkuners thread. Good to have another salty sea dog on here!

Have tried knocking the drink on the head in midweek as a gout sufferer, but at weekends tend to like a drink, but have to go for proper ales or export lager........... Cant be drinking those driving beers like Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg...unless export obvisouly!!

Should the OP have asked "how much do Pink''un posters drink BEFORE posting on here?"

Given some of the posts, I''d guess it was quite a lot.

2 Jack Daniels a day............thats glasses, not bottles!

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]3 or 4 cans of carling or carlsberg or whatever is on offer at the supermarket per night, have the odd drink free night but not often... is this too much ? how much do others drink on here ? OTBC[/quote]Pretty similar, though I prefer red wine or cider.I can''t drink when I''m away at work for 5 weeks, so usually make it my mission to drink twice as much on my 5 weeks off.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]I do 5 on, 5 off on a pipelay vessel for Subsea 7, currently working in Angola.

Oh and I do like the odd bottle of Adnams Broadside, but not too many, proper knocks me on my ar$e!

I can go months without touching a drop although I do enjoy a drink when I''m in the mood.  If I was told I couldn''t have another drop for the rest of my life, it wouldn''t bother me.

After that contradictory opening my favourites are - Guinness, Real Ale, Remy Martin Champagne Congac, Malt Whisky - especially Talisker.

I do drink lager and cider when I''m in the mood, I like it on a hot day, but it must be ice cold.  I can''t stand Carling, it tastes vile.

My drink of choice used to be red wine, however I found that it started upsetting my stomach, well at least some red wines do (must be an ingredient in them)? 

Vodka is ok, and G&T is a fabulously refreshing drink on a hot day.

If you like red wine I found a gorgeous one in Asda.  It''s Asda''s Extra Special New Zealand Pinot Noir.  It''s fabulously fruity and didn''t affect my stomach at all.  It''s lovely and smooth with no nasty after taste.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]To much.....but feck it.....only here once[/quote]
[Y]
[/quote]

Good job some posters do not see your Facebook antics Graham ! [:D]

To the guy who says he drinks 3 or 4 tinnies per night then you my friend have a bit of a problem.

I try not to drink during the week, have a few bottles at the weekend though. If i drink too much i get kidney pain.