Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

All a bit quiet

Why has there been no new stories for a couple of days now? could really do with a new player signing as i''m soo bored of summer already!

Apart from lambert everyone has been reasonably quiet. 5 signings by end of the week. Likes getting it done early. Think things will start happening in couple of weeks time.

This boredom is killing me!, its does make me wonder quite how ''non-football'' people manage to fill their weekends the whole year round?

at least the fixtures are out in 2 days times to provide a talking point for a day or so.

I never thought the ''Confederations Cup'' would hold quite so much importance............an oasis in a football desert.

Is it Lambert though? Or is it Karsa?

Anyway, I think there is a difference to getting the job done early and getting the job done early and announcing it.

We got RVW months ago. But in many ways getting in better players can be harder and take longer.

None of the players Villa have signed will be with Villa before July 1st. That is as soon as players can officially sign. So at the moment there is no real advantage to make announcements about signings, especially if you want to do a press meeting etc as it won''t happen for a few weeks yet.

[quote user="chicken"]Is it Lambert though? Or is it Karsa?

Anyway, I think there is a difference to getting the job done early and getting the job done early and announcing it.

We got RVW months ago. But in many ways getting in better players can be harder and take longer.

None of the players Villa have signed will be with Villa before July 1st. That is as soon as players can officially sign. So at the moment there is no real advantage to make announcements about signings, especially if you want to do a press meeting etc as it won''t happen for a few weeks yet.[/quote]

I don''t think Karsa has anything to do with anything. Nobody seems to know what he does other than hang around with Lambert and get a job everywhere Lambert goes. I''m not sure if it was ever confirmed one way or another as to whether he is some sort of relative of Lambert''s but i''m pretty sure he has nothing to do with the transfer negotiations.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="chicken"]Is it Lambert though? Or is it Karsa? Anyway, I think there is a difference to getting the job done early and getting the job done early and announcing it. We got RVW months ago. But in many ways getting in better players can be harder and take longer. None of the players Villa have signed will be with Villa before July 1st. That is as soon as players can officially sign. So at the moment there is no real advantage to make announcements about signings, especially if you want to do a press meeting etc as it won''t happen for a few weeks yet.[/quote] I don''t think Karsa has anything to do with anything. Nobody seems to know what he does other than hang around with Lambert and get a job everywhere Lambert goes. I''m not sure if it was ever confirmed one way or another as to whether he is some sort of relative of Lambert''s but i''m pretty sure he has nothing to do with the transfer negotiations.[/quote]

I read that Karsa is effectively a Director of Football, he deals with a lot of the backroom stuff so Lambert doesn''t have to, something PL picked up whilst studying for his coaching badges in Germany.

If Lambert and Karsa follow that route closely then Karsa will also identify transfer targets from various scouting reports and help to secure their transfer, along with the Villa CEO (who ever that might be). I wouldn''t be surprised if he does have a large part to play in the transfers.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Why has there been no new stories for a couple of days now? could really do with a new player signing as i''m soo bored of summer already![/quote]

We could always talk about plans for the hotel..........[:)]

Well there goes another day without any news to excite us. I''m concerned Hughton blowing the RvW trumpet today could be an indicator that he will be the only signing of that level player. The rest could be gap fillers for those who have been released.

There will be a lot of chains waiting for Chelsea et co to make their move first. I reckon we are waiting for them to pull out of the van ginklel deal.

We''re currently 13th in the PL having finished 11th in the PL last season when we, apparently, never flirted with relegation. Perhaps, no better quality players are needed? Perhaps, we''re already established as a mid-table PL team? Or maybe we''re saving up to build a new stand? If we do spend much rather three or four potential starters than eight benchwarmers.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We''re currently 13th in the PL having finished 11th in the PL last season when we, apparently, never flirted with relegation. Perhaps, no better quality players are needed? Perhaps, we''re already established as a mid-table PL team? Or maybe we''re saving up to build a new stand? If we do spend much rather three or four potential starters than eight benchwarmers.[/quote]

I''m half expecing a Harry Kane type signing late next month and thats all!

Bored but not worried. We still have a couple of months and most players and managers are having a well earned break. Relax, go on holiday, enjoy the English summer etc. etc.

The most important thing is to get quality players, they take longer to get as more teams want them

[quote user="mbncfc1"]The most important thing is to get quality players, they take longer to get as more teams want them[/quote]Did you forget the log-in details of your old account Mike? [;)]

"And how cute they look nestled up to some roast potatoes, cuddled up in a warm rich gravy............."

Monster.

But you have a point.

Bit of a coincidence I must say, my initials are mb, but it certainly does stand for Micheal Bailey

Yorkshire Canary wrote the following post at 21/06/2013 9:03 AM:

Well we know it is silly season but even the speculation seems to have gone quiet. I do expect things to move before the start of next month though

Ah..... you mean before the start of the Transfer Window!

What is this transfer window? Everyone seems to be ignoring it!

Yes it is quiet, we do need to strengthen our squad as we will get problems with players out for one reason or another, think its where we went wrong last summer . Hope not going to make same mistake again. there are one or two bargains out there worth a chance, and of course there is still hooper , but Celtic seem to think he worth more than he is .

Well there goes another day, and a largely news free week on the incoming Norwich side. I hope there''s some action going on behind the scenes else we''ll be struggling to put together a 25 man squad let alone move onwards and upwards. This week seems to have been the holiday week for the football community so here''s hoping for some more excitment and postive news next week.

Not looking forward to another weekend reading the little boy twitter rumours, and pointless bickering between the usual suspects!

Over and out....