Sign in to follow this  

Need to get out of the blocks fast and picking up points.  Going to be nervy with any less than 40 points heading down to Fulham!

Might not be so bad...optimism, optimism....we got a draw at Arsenal near the end of 11/12, won at Man City on the last day last time out.

If Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal are still in the CL, if they plus Liverpool are still in the FA Cup, if the Championship and CL places are looking fairly clear cut. Might be a good time to have them at tbe end, rather that than a spell in November/December. And I bet we win at least one of those games.

Optimism, optimism...

I don''t feel very nervous about that. We tend to do quite well against United, Arsenal.

Not liverpool though....

I don''t get what all the worry is about?!

Everybody has to play the same teams at somepoint, so really makes no odds if all grouped together or not

Fulham awayLiverpool homeMan Utd awayChelsea awayVery very tough indeed. I believe we''ve lost all these games on both occasions since promotion.Then Arsenal at home as they probably challenge for the final Champions League place again. Traditionally strong in the last third of the season.Can''t see what the fuss is, we''ll be fine!!

Return of the Panstwetters so soon?

Just to put this in perspective, if last season''s fixtures had been the same, we would have been safe after 33 games and relaxed for the l sat five.

Why on earth should next season be worse than last?

The run in is tough but the start is pretty good and there are no other real long runs of tough fixtures during the season where you look at the games and can;t see where the next win is going to come from. All in all I think the fixtures are pretty forgiving.

What a  nightmare run in,  hope we''re safe before it starts![:S]

On the flip side, look at our home fixtures up to end of January should see us do a WBA/Swansea of last year, pushing top 10 and we could well be mid table and safe by March.

Great start to the season though, home to Everton, let''s hope that we break the 12 season record of not winning an opening day fixture.

Ladblokes has us 66-1 to be relegated, before this post we were evens, goodness knows what the odds will be when we fail to get our main target in the January transfer window.

Why worry about the run in? Last season we picked up as many points against the top 6 as we did against the bottom 6. On our day we can beat anybody - or lose to anybody.

If you are good enough, you are good enough, whatever order the games come up.

Still no statement from Hughton stating we''ll beat these teams, we''re sleepwalking into the Championship.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Fulham away
Liverpool home
Man Utd away
Chelsea away

Very very tough indeed. I believe we''ve lost all these games on both occasions since promotion.

Then Arsenal at home as they probably challenge for the final Champions League place again. Traditionally strong in the last third of the season.  Can''t see what the fuss is, we''ll be fine!!
[/quote]

Good point, last 2 seasons we got no points from those 4 games.

Could work both ways - if the title race is sewn up like this year, may not be a bad time to play Man U or Chelsea, but if it goes down to the wire.

However you look at it, we need to make sure we''ll well placed by mid-April !

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Still no statement from Hughton stating we''ll beat these teams, we''re sleepwalking into the Championship.

[/quote]After your previous posts I thought you were being serious in your negativity...

Now I''m not so sure! [:P]

"However you look at it, we need to make sure we''ll well placed by mid-April !"

I repeat the bleeding obvious. We were safe this season despite getting three points from those games. It they''d been the last I''ve we would have been safe after 33 games.

Why is this such a problem? I just don''t get it.

I can see this season being pretty tight at the top. I can''t see Man Utd doing as well under Moyes this year, there will surely be a transition period there. Arsenal should be a lot stronger. Man City will be a whole new prospect and Chelsea will bore their way to 1-0 wins every game (Actually think they''ll win it).

I defintiely think all will still to be played for in the run-in for the top teams, but reckon we''ll be comfortable enough by then anyway.

I wouldn''t want that run of fixtures at anytime in the season, run it or not. Whilst obviously we have to play everyone twice that looks like a month of no wins which is a depressing way to finish a season.

Let''s be blunt, I don''t think any of us wants to again be going into the last 5 games with us in dire need of points.

Hopefully it won''t come to that though...

The way I see it is, the games where we *should* pick up the points are before the last 5 anyway [:)]Maybe Wigan will make another late run and survive...

even from the Championship....

We''ll see!

I think the problem is that people are looking at the table and seeing us comfortable in 13th but they don''t realise that one bad result and we''ll be bottom.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I think the problem is that people are looking at the table and seeing us comfortable in 13th but they don''t realise that one bad result and we''ll be bottom.

[/quote]Agree! We''re joint top at the moment- where''s the ambition to keep that going?!

Fulham away should be one of the easier away games. Those other teams may have little to play for regards the Prem by the time we play them but in any case every game can be won.

The run in is not a negative scenario at all!    It means we will more than likely have picked  up enough points not to be anywhere near the bottom of the table by then.   Saving the big matches to the last five could be the icing on the cake.  Get into a comfortable position by playing so called "easier" opposition  (more easy in the mind than in reality) then be in a position to have a really good go in the last five games.   We saw what could happen if we are free from restraint and full of confidence last season.  If we are somewhere mid table by the last five games this is going to be a superb ending to the season, being able to have a good go at five top clubs.   Bring it on.

dont forget this will all change a bit with the champions league and europa fixtures

really need to be safe before those last four fixtures

nice start though :D40 points by january ;)