Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

First Game Of The New Season

Our record on the first day of the season is not good so the only the only thing I hope for is a result. Would be nice to avenge the arse whipping at Fulham last time

Let''s get one of the big boys out of the way on this, one of the most unpredictable days in the season.

A result, ie a point perhaps, would be a massive confidence booster whilst a loss could be dismissed as to be expected.

The other preference would be to want a new team at home for a nice three point start. However, if things didn''t go to expectations even a point would be a massive downer. 

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Thorny"]At home to Everton[/quote]

First prize!

Mind you, I came second with Hull away !!!

[/quote]Hull away isnt first game of the season mate [;)]

No prize for you [:P]

If I could, I''d have made sure 1p5wich had a cruel 1st 3rd of the season with a tough run in.

Funnily enough, I was in contact a few years ago with some people at the FA/Press Association and a licensing query and found a few things out/how things run media wise - is potential for people to leak the fixtures out in the previous 12/24 hours. They were very informative/quick to reply to questions about fixtures and so on for websites. Clubs could leak but in todays job climate, would people really risk it?

What does it gain though having the heads up a few hours (if lucky with a right loose tongue from someone in the know, days) earlier? Bragging rights. I was lucky and fancied that game as a nice start to the season.

Similar to transfers - I prefer the ninja approach - no news/leaks so a target less likely to be poached/bidding war/prices hiked + the pleasant surprise. ie the announcement of van Wolfswinkel after all the hype/failed capture in Jan

You''re a good man mark and this message board would markedly improve with your more regular contributions

Hope you''re well my man