Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Leroy Fer...

Latest name ''linked''

Must be at least the 20th player linked with us now

wasnt he linked with about 6 premier league teams last season?

if city are in for this sort of player it should be wanyama, especially if the lower prem links are true

Failed a medical at Everton due to a past injury.

I''d take the risk and sign him though, especially at a decent price. Has the potential to be another rising Dutch star

"Some sources claimed his knee was a concern for the Blues, a story which spread quickly and stories that he has a long-term knee problem still haunt Fer though, and he wants to set the record straight.

“Everyone knows what happened in the winter is at FC Twente,” said Fer. “I was happy to go to Everton. The story of my knee is complete nonsense, I’ve played through everything after the winter.

“Of course the failed transfer did something to me, I just do not trust anyone anymore. Everton coach David Moyes has tried to pick me up. He is now at Manchester United.

“Now it remains to be seen. I have two seasons at FC Twente and it’s not a punishment to play football there. If anything comes up, we will look.”"

He is a good CM player who scores plenty of goals in the Dutch league. At 23 he can still develop. He is a big, powerful man.

I would not be upset if we signed him, but he does seem to provide the same as Toivonen, - heave we lost that signing? I also wonder how good he is creatively - in spotting passes and bringing other players into the game.

I suspect in the end we shall find that he was one of many about whom we made initial enquiries, and not followed up, and our approach has only just come to light.

Tried to find the link the OP mentioned and found this posted on a board somewhere......

''''This is all Twitter jarg, so I don''t know how much to read into it. According to @football_oranje there are rumors in Holland that Norwich are interested in signing Leroy Fer.

Just twitter remember lads, may be and quite possibly is bull****. Still, wouldn''t that be a kick in the teeth.''

So yes, he would have found it on bloody twitter again, load of nonsense and really wish we would ban twitter rumour threads as might as well just start a thread with any random player from top of our head going to join. Unless of course it is someone truly of good authority.