Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Johnny Howson, really nice guy

I flew home from Barbados this morning and noticed Johnny Howson getting on the plane! I was gutted not to speak to him at Barbados airport but then managed to get 5 mins with him at baggage claim in the uk.

Seemed a really nice guy, I told him that I hope his form continues into next season which he said he is aiming for 10 goals this season. I''m glad to say He didn''t seem to have put much weight on!

Was more than happy to give me 5 mins to chat, and again he seemed really down to earth but he didnt have any juicy transfer gossip. nobody else seemed to have a clue they were next to a premier league player!

Thought i would share with you lot, Certainly made my day

Namedropper!

Flew home from Corfu yesterday, and the only football connection people I spoke to were West Ham and WBA season ticket holders (different people!).

Only jealous OP ;)

I would love him to get ten goals as that could mean a top ten finish for us.

Snodgrass and Pilks notch up a few as do the defense.

Then we can talk about the strikers. Even Becchio might get one

Certainly means he is in the thoughts next season as a more attacking player. I wonder what this means for transfer plans.

As an aside, my bosses wife used to teach him at school and more or less said the same in that he was an articulate mature guy, one of the more sensible types you can imagine being captain of all the sports teams but also getting good grades and having lots of mates (I hate those types of people! bloody know it alls :-P )

Howson just married as well?

Elliott Bennet is newly married and on his way back from his Bora bora honeymoon, with a 2 day stopover in LA.

Russell Martin also got married last week and is also away on Honeymoon somewhere exotic.

Bradley Johnson went to Vegas, but also Tweeted a picture of a beach resort somewhere.

Holt and Ruddy are also both on their family hols.

3 Weddings in a few weeks is marital silly season at NCFC.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Howson just married as well?

Elliott Bennet is newly married and on his way back from his Bora bora honeymoon, with a 2 day stopover in LA.

Russell Martin also got married last week and is also away on Honeymoon somewhere exotic.

Bradley Johnson went to Vegas, but also Tweeted a picture of a beach resort somewhere.

Holt and Ruddy are also both on their family hols.

3 Weddings in a few weeks is marital silly season at NCFC.

[/quote]

Call me old fashioned but I see it a good thing a lot of the. Are married men with familes... For the most part it would keep them out of trouble! Haha Big fan of Johnny, always comes across as quite a humbe lad in interviews, hope he hits that target, could start to see him in the England set up!

I had my honeymoon in Barbados, we stayed at the golf resort outside Bridgetown, Club Rocklie I believe it was called, 8 years ago!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow story goes that we arrived checked in and on the notice board there was a guest v locals football match arranged, so me being me signed up, not that the wife was happy with me but hey it''s football!

We played on the Football ground at Bridgetown, on the local teams was this tall strapping centre forward who was rather good. At the end of the game he introduced himself as Malcom Marshall. To say after a few beers and a long chat it was the second best thing that happened on my honey moon!!!!! :-)

Again down to earth really nice guy.

Liked that Indy!

My wife and I also had our Honeymoon in Barbados (Tamarind Cove Hotel) in Jun 96. We got married on the day of the England v Sweaties Euro 96 game (Gazza''s goal and all that)

In our hotel (supporting England) were Savo Milosevic and Sasa Curcic (apologies for spelling!)

Did you enjoy Barbados? we spent our second week in St Lucia it was fantastic......far better than Barbados IMO.

We planned our wedding for a year then decisded to spend 2K on the wedding and the rest of the budget on the honeymoon, to say families were not too please that we just had a quick wedding in the end and we were on the plane next morning.

Back to Howson, he looks as though he will be here for a while I always think that certain player fit Norwich, Drury, Huckerby and I think he fits the bill too.

We did enjoy it. Learnt to waterski there (amongst other things!!)

Did the cricket trip (saw Garfield Sobers house, went to Bridgetown for a look round the Oval, saw a local game whilst enjoying a bbq, all in all a great day out)

Loved it when one of the locals used to come round each day, offering you a pineapple, that he would cut up etc. 

Once met Howson when he was signing autographs with Ryan Bennett at Pilch (the cycle shop near the bank). I went in with my brother but sadly his autograph got blown away in the wind, so he wasn''t too happy as it was closed as well.

Luckily I managed to catch him afterwords and he was more than happy to do another for my brother.

Indy,Out of interest are you not on the tall side yourself? The reason why I ask is Malcolm was only 5 foot 9. Whilst he was fearsomely quick, he is probably the shortest of all the great WI fast bowlers, most of whom were as you described, tall and strapping.

I''ve met Howson a few times, he''s always got a smile and is proper down to earth.

A few of the players seem the same too. Every time I''ve seen Garrido for example, he''s always joking around with the fans.