Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Daily Mail: E Bennett to Villa?

Rumour up here is 1.5m. There was a potential swap mooted with Holman but he''s chosen to switch to a club in Dubai instead

I''ll hold my hands up and admit I''ve got no idea about Bennett. Never really noticed him to form an opinion. But at 24/25 he can hardly be called a prospect anymore. His age also doesnt seem to fit in with Lamberts current by young philosophy.

My belief is that this is pure agent bluff what with him having just a year left. Fully expect him to sign a new deal for your lot after a few more phantom clubs names have been thrown out with alleged interest first

you say that but then do you not watch villas home games?

all villa comments I''ve seen on the web is how your back line couldn''t keep tabs on him @ VP.

didn''t even know Holman was alive..

and I reiterate that your a VT troll, essentially a VillaTalk wiz.

you''ve said "bye" many times on here and that you won''t be away. but you just can''t leave. obsessed.

Column filler if ever i''ve seen one.

But whoever is saying "take £2.5m and get rid" needs their heads read. That would be an absolute mugging in today''s market. He''s no world beater but if we can''t get £5m for him in a market that values Jordan Rhodes at £8m we''re doing something wrong.

Nice little player and perhaps destined to be a wing-back (Lambert''s thinking?) But if he''s worth £5m then our own transfer budget won''t be going far. 

I''ve never noticed him enough to form an opinion either way, what''s wrong with that comment?. How many players do you see at Carrow Road in a season and how many leave a lasting impression on your memory?

As for Holman. He''s shit. And he''s gone. Another Mcleish master stroke!

Yeah but this is the English market, like Hughton has said, there is better value abroad, which is why players such as E.B is probably worth £3million. I''d be surprised if we valued him higher. Jordan Rhodes can justify his £8million price tag even if it does seem a bit steap. He still has a great goal scoring record, but at the same time I can''t see anyone buying him for anymore than that. If some of you think Elliot Bennett is worth £6 million in today''s market (same price as Diego Capel) what has he done to justify your valuation?

In two seasons compared to Snodgrass''s one, Snodgrass has arguably done alot better. But I do agree with ''Hendrik'', Bennett could still do a great job RB/WB.

[quote user="ryanncfc"]Wouldn''t let him go for anything less that £5m plus add ons. We are a PL team, signing players for £8/9m, linked with some quality players, why do we need to sell a player who has a decent potential and a really useful player to have in the squad for a poultry £2.5m?! Even at £5/6m at our current status I''d be reluctant to sell, especially to a league rival[/quote]is the Bernard Mathews Company involved?

We don''t seem to sell squad players anymore just keep them for the duration of their contracts and allow them to leave at the end.

That is probably a good thing as they will not be on huge wages and they and the club can easily move on.

I should imagine Elliot Bennett''s wages are not astronomical so it won''t hurt to keep him rather than sell. I doubt McNally would sell to Villa unless it was a really decent offer and I agree about him being worth inclusion at RB.

It is a good point that we do not sell many of our squad players etc and it is contracts running out, I think that is why I have no problem if a few do leave, Ayala, fox being another two.

They wil not get first squad action next season with the new additions they will drop and without playing first team football they will drift.

As mentioned Andrew crofts is still high in my estimation after asking for a move to play football. A number of our players could learn that.

Eb is a tidy player, never lived up to the billing and his record at Brighton and I will agree he is no longer really a prospect he isn''t 20 or 21.

If we get players in I would be happy to let him go if the right bid came in and 2.5 is pretty tidy I can never see 4-5 million for a player who has not shone in a team that has won by having a great team ethic rather than individual brilliance. Squad players a re good but I am hoping that many of our first team will move to squad positions as we bring in the rvw calibre style players. We need our squad players to be impact players. Our midfield is tightly packed with numbers just think once new guys come in that it is still this area which needs additions and so there will be a fair few extra bodies.