Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Daily Mail: E Bennett to Villa?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2345989/Paul-Lambert-look-home-shores-hopes-reunion-Norwichs-Bennett.html

I like him but tbh I''m not sure where Elliott fits in with things if, as rumoured (and stated by RVW) we are after new wingers. He''s a good player, though hasn''t quite burst through - certainly second in line to Snod as things are. Be interesting what sort of figure would be offered/accepted.

So that''s Ruddy, Martin, Johnson, Pilkington, Howson, Holt, R. Bennett and now E. Bennet going to Villa this month.

''get rid'' is a bit harsh!

Definitely has the potential to be a good player, I''d only sell at a good price if we needed to. At this stage he is definitely a squad player, but he is young and can still be developed

I would happily keep him as he does well when he comes on for a tired / innaffective Snodgrass...BUT... If we can get £2.5M then add the same again from the coffers we could get quite a winger for 5M if the right player came up.

It is a squad game and he will come into his own if there are injuries suspensions etc even if we buy another winger. I would also be loath to sell he to a club that we will be challenging in the bottom half

I really like him, and think it would be foolish to sell him on for a small fee like £2.5m

A big fee may be hard to turn down, especially if he wanted to go, but I always thought he was happy here, yes he is more of a squad player but avery valuable one.

Nail on head pablo - people on here really worry me. EB is young and has very good potential. He has already shown glimpses and been mom twice from starts. More than can be said for pilks. Who alsi has potential by the way!

The reason E Bennett is such an asset to the team is because he is a versatile player who can play a number of different positions and perform well in all - wing, right fullback & I can see him performing well at centre midfield.

For a winger he has the ability to defend equally well as attack.

Bennett has a different game to Snodgrass and both will be required for the long arduous season ahead.

Redmond is an unknown factor - they''re all good against championship defenders & underage players.

Shall we go with what is proven ability & success ? - Bennett !

My verdict - not for sale.

[quote user="Six Pack"]The reason E Bennett is such an asset to the team is because he is a versatile player who can play a number of different positions and perform well in all - wing, right fullback & I can see him performing well at centre midfield.

For a winger he has the ability to defend equally well as attack.

Bennett has a different game to Snodgrass and both will be required for the long arduous season ahead.

Redmond is an unknown factor - they''re all good against championship defenders & underage players.

Shall we go with what is proven ability & success ? - Bennett !

My verdict - not for sale.[/quote]

^^ This.

Villa seem to be settled on a 4-3-3 formation, with Agbonlahor and Weimann flanking Benteke in the centre, so where does Benno fit into this equation?He isn''t going to take game time of Weimann on the right, he isn''t really central enough for one of the 3 midfield slots, and they''ve also already got people like Albrighton and Holman as competition on the wing.So this simply sounds like yet another rumour that really doesn''t make any sense.Give it a couple more weeks and our entire first team will have been linked with Villa - including RVW...

Benno is a confidence player who needs plenty of games, and he has been in and out of the side. He is a more than useful defender, and of course is one of the quickest players at the club.

I would be sad to see him go, unless we sign Redmond, and most of all sad to see him go cheaply to Villa and you know who.

If and it''s a big if we sign two wingers then I cant see where E Bennett will fit in. Personally I''d keep E.Bennett who I think is a good little player, but he may want the move if he feels he''s going to get more first team football, I cant imagine he will want even less than he just got which was around 12 starts in all competitions.

I think you''re all missing the point - it''s Daily Mail storey, therefore even less reliable than the rubbish on Twitter

Wouldn''t let him go for anything less that £5m plus add ons. We are a PL team, signing players for £8/9m, linked with some quality players, why do we need to sell a player who has a decent potential and a really useful player to have in the squad for a poultry £2.5m?! Even at £5/6m at our current status I''d be reluctant to sell, especially to a league rival

Personally would keep hold of him, imagine him doing very well at Villa, very much their type of player. Think it could come back to bite us in the arse.

I would be worried that we would never get a fee from him, I do not think he will get much playing team next season as for me his 1 goal in 2 seasons and his impact is not enough. As mentioned we need players to be a threat.

I believe we need two wide players and eb would be fifth choice. We need impact players and improvement. Eb I do not think would hurt us at all as he would be a squad player at most. Just hope we can bring in some wingers, that is the key. I would be disappointed if we don''t.

We need a team with a few more headline writers, our midfielder choices were poor last season as our performances showed and our terrible run proved with changes in our midfield having no impact. Hughton was left with little choices and I cannot think of any fan who would disagree with rvw''s hint of two wingers and attacking midfielder needed. Not just desired needed.

I would not like to see him go. he''s and asset to the squad, but everyone has there price I would say, in today''s market, it would be about 6million but if it''s Villa calling make that 8million.

Torn on this one if there is any truth to it. He''s a good player and I think he has more to offer than we saw last season. I''d therefore prefer to keep him. That said, he''s not really been that effective at times, probably won;t get that much game time again next season and he is a brummie/black country lad so i can see this move appealing to him! If we get a decent fee maybe one that we should let happen.

I think he''ll be a late developer. Don''t think you''ll see the best of him until he fills out a bit more. I wouldn''t sell him unless it was a for a stupid price.

Only has a year left on his contract so doubt we will get big cash for him.

If we bring in a couple more wingers and we can get a couple mill for him then let him go and play some football, although how the club could deal with villa at the moment is beyond me but this time next year he could walk there for nowt.

I was impressed with the defensive side of his game last season and think he will eventually settle as a right back/wing back. We''re not exactly overflowing with pace in that position and I think we should hold on to him unless offered 5m plus

People who are saying ''yeah he''s worth £5/6m'', consider this. Sporting Lisbon have put a £6 price tag on VanWolfswinkels team mate Diego Capel.

I''d be way more tempted to sell on Bennet and use the cash to sign Capel, could create a great partership with RVW too.

In other news Norwich have been linked with Altidore who is also linked with Fulham (surprise) and Sunderland.

Apparantly Bennett is a Villa fan as well?

Not sure that''s true. Never seen him tweet about Villa even before Lambert went there.

We need to keep the guy, and Hughton needs to coach this guy into the right back position. He could become our best right back since Culverhouse IMO. The guy has bags of pace -essential for the modern full back, he''s tenacious in the tackle, he can get forward, cross and shoot and has two good feet. Just needs to learn the positional role of a modern day full back and he''d be a hell of a player for us.