Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Jonson scores!

Matt Jonson scores in the 6th minute for Sweden.first goal in all competitions since....well, since the last time he scored for sweden in the euros.

I haven''t seen the goal but this is very good news, what position does he play for his country? If it''s up front, maybe Worthy should take note...

Great for Jonson should give him a lot of confidence.

I also hear Safri scored for Morocco.

I remember he scored that goal in that ''controversial'' (if your Italian) game of Sweden- Denmark at Euro 2004. Denmark were 2-1 up in the dying minutes and then he scored I remember and ironically the man marking him and who failed in preventing from scoring that goal was Thomas Helveg.

[quote]I remember he scored that goal in that ''controversial'' (if your Italian) game of Sweden- Denmark at Euro 2004. Denmark were 2-1 up in the dying minutes and then he scored I remember and ironically the...[/quote]

great pals they must be!

Yup, good goal, only just seen it.

havnt heard about safri.....

Jonson scoring against the mighty Malta is about as relevant as scoring against Diss in a preseason friendly!

DD - you must lead a saddo life if you''re excited about seeing that fella in The Championship. He was a massive waste of money and I do not believe he will be any better in a few months time. Why should he be?? There are some good teams, good players and a very competitive challenge awaiting us in The Championship and I think the standard is still well above what Jonson has been used to in Sweden (or for that matter, in a lot of international football).  

If that''s the case, yellow rider, then I and a good number of my mates must also lead saddo lives...

Don''t forget that two of our better players during our championship winning season were Gary Holt and Craig Fleming, two players who suffered in the prem, but general consensus is they can still do a job for an established fizzy league side...

What is there about Jonson that suggests he''ll struggle in this league? He works hard, he''s fast and skillful and has never once had the air of a big name star about him, a la Helveg at times...

He''s a much better all-round player than the entire Ipswich squad put together and I''m looking forward to seeing it, and scoring a goal in international football can only be a good thing. The level of the opposition is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, a goal is a goal...

I''m looking forward to seeing him on the right next year, and so are many others... not quite cause for being a "saddo", but maybe actually using the word is........

Yellow rider, I object to you speaking to dumble delia in that way. The views and opinions he have are all worth reading and he is very entertaining on this forum. I am also excited and looking forward to seeing jono in the championship and if someone is a saddo for having an opinion then what are you yellow rider? Take a look at yourself mate!

[quote]Yellow rider, I object to you speaking to dumble delia in that way. The views and opinions he have are all worth reading and he is very entertaining on this forum. I am also excited and looking forwar...[/quote]

Moving back to football!! I am all for giving Jonson and Doherty chances to prove themselves in the championship next season but i wouldn''t say i was excited at the prospect!! Especially Jonson, he has no attacking ability what so ever! I have never seen him beat a full back since he joined us!! Doherty should be given a chance in place of fleming as well as fleming has been the weakest member of the team this season, except holt, and should make way for someone else to have a chance! after all, everyone else in the back four did it this season!