Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Lat years youth team This season ???

Wondered how many will be loaned out ?

I used to like it when the youth got a chance when they were younger e.g Sutton ,Eadie O''neil ,Shackell ,even old ade akinbiyi  so would be good to keep a few of the better ones around the team and if and when we can bed a few in ,other teams do and you can only find real gems by playing them

everton  often have a good younger player in the team also Liverpool bed them in early I know it is easier for the top teams to put one in against lesser teams ,And as we have the last couple of seasons had to much to lose and pressure on I hope this season they might get a chance ......your thoughts ?

we have just as much to lose and gain as last season moneywise and as much to lose/gain status wise as we did over both seasonsthe youth team are probably better than the sum of the total partsthere is the development team to progress through, and had we have had a dodgy decision againt Forest or earlier and been knocked out I doubt any of this would even be thought of let alone mentionedI''m sure they will step up as and when, but for my part that is some way of yet

Seems that most people do not realise that we have several U-21s on the book who were too old to appear for the Youth team. In fact players such as the Murphy twins play mainly for the U21s and were just "loaned back" to the Youth Team for the Cup Run.

Which underpins the point that the players are progressing as their abilities/development determine.  ie if they are thought good enough they will be in the team/squad appropriate irrespective of ageCity will need to scrap and battle for every point again next season. Players coming into the team will need to ''hit the ground running'' not use games in the PL to learn their trade. Which is why so many will see a loan in a lower league club as a bridge between the development games and the PL rather than there being a policy of ''he looks good, lets see how well he does in the first team"

Under 18''s who won youth FA Youth Cup still have 3 years in Under 21''s development squad to develop cannot see any of cup winning squad getting near first team until they have played at least another three years.  Many of the squad will need to be signed on pro contracts i.e. in last year of their 2 year youth agreement to ensure they remain at the club Murphy''s already signed, we cannot sign all those in last year for next 3 years need to select those who will progress to first team.  Don''t know if any of U21''s currently are good enough but didn''t excel last season.  Its alright having promising youngsters unfortunately cannot keep them all for 3 years some will fall through the cracks.    

I think most still need some more time in the academy and under 21 set up, perhaps the Murphy twins might get a loan out in January, but really there is no rush. Throwing them into the mix too soon could be a disaster for all involved, but I trust the club to do what is best.

In general the Academy has produced a number of good players who seem not good enough for the Premiership, and probably will never be, but they find their places in the lower divisions. I think of Korey, Adeyemi and one or two others. The possible exception is goalkeepers, but they reach their peak much later, usually, and their ultimate level is difficult to forecast. We have had a few in this category in recent years.

The victorious Youth team had the Murphy lads. They also had McGeechan, who cost Chelsea significant money when they bought him from Fulham at a young age, but let him go to us. He was one of a few that looked promising, but who knows how far they will be able to go?

The signs are hopeful, however, that we may again find players who are first team material at a relatively young age. We have Category One status in the Academy, as well as much improved facilities. We have set up satellite academies, so far in East Anglia, (do you remember the productive ones we used to have in the SW - Eadie, Bellamy, etc.) For the top players we may have to scout Europe and the World for outstanding teenagers, and be prepared to pay their clubs. Did you note the international presence in the Chelsea Youth team?

So we would have to say that previously the Academy had only very local material to work with, or other club''s cast-offs. This should change now, with the provision we have made and with our growing reputation.

Is

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to the contractual

arrangements with our younger players? In the past the youngsters would spend 2

years in the youth set-up, at the end of which they would either be released or

offered a full professional contract. Under the Elite Player Performance Plan

things seem to have changed.

Last season we had 7 players who were “over 18” but were

members of the under-21 development squad – 2 were recently released.  Are the remaining 5 (Matthews, McNeil,

Gafaiti, Clunan & Loza) on full professional contracts or is there some

form of hybrid development contract.

Last season, in the Under-18 squad, we started, I believe, with

10 2nd year scholars, the majority of whom featured prominently in

the Youth Cup run. What happens to them now? We know Josh & Jacob Murphy

have signed full professional contracts but what of the others? Have any been

offered full professional contracts, or any form of hybrid contract, or have

any been released? The club seems to have been silent on this and as a follower

of youth football at NCFC I am keen to know what´s happening. If anyone has the

answers I shall be grateful to hear them. Thank you.

I also think that the "much improved facilities" will count for an enormous amount, in the sense ofthe highere standard of coaching.Watching the youth cup games and Iwas struck by how the opposition teams seemed to have quite a number of players who looked more skillful and competent than our lads yet were beaten. Neil Adams talked of how the home goal against Chelsea had been worked on.I genuinely believe the club will be looking at players with the potential and aptitude to develop rather than those that are ''already formed''. Too many drop off through simply not applying themselves, believing in their own publicity etcThe coaching side of things has worked wonders at the club, with players such as Ruddy, Turner and Howson all derided and thought to be flops in their early stages yet coming good after a while with the club. The same is happening (has happened) with R Bennett and I suspect will be the case with Bechio. We are never going to be able to compete in the transfer market or wages with the bigger clubs. Our direction will be that of Ajax and it will almost certainly be a few more years befire we start to see (and reap) the full benefits of this work. An early indication was the Youth FA cup where a team of (some)expensively purchased Chelsea stars was comprehensively beaten over two legs.So as others have said. let the develop and progress. S''oton had their keeper with us and no doubt many of ours will be scattered all over the country as they continue their climb towards City''s first team.  In the meantime whatever millions are being spent is well worth it ............... and was probably funded by us finishing a few places higher in the table.

I realise that but it seems other teams play 17 to 19 year olds in first team ( for certain games cup weaker teams ) we have had many youth internationals , ok now we all saw last year the twins need a bit of a polish but who was to say if they had a chance they could do as well as Redmond ? ( just for example ) just saying you can have a very big squad if you use some youth players and some may improve for first team experience..........

"nd some may improve for first team experience.........."

oh dearoh dearie meas I said we would not be having this discussion if they had been knocked out of the cupand as with the rest on here I trust the club, coaches etc to know when a player is good enough

yes dearie me I would be having this discussion it is important to have youth or u21 around the team and in my eyes we should have a few of our own itstead of blooding other teams ,again we needed them before due to money But now this is our 3rd season believe it or not some players may even be more suited to first team football ,remember chrissy martin making a impact ?

you don''t really seem to grasp this do you ?the youths and the U21''s are around the team, they train at the same place and are watched by the various managers and coaches - who I suggest have a better better idea of what stage in their development they are at ... and where best it is for them to be to further that developmentwe are not ''blooding other teams'' players - and I don''t see your objection to our players being ''bloodied'' by other clubs, because if you actually thought before posting you would realise that is how it works at the moment, Rudd will learn far more playing at Deepdale than he would sat at Carrow Road watching Ruddyand the ''oh dear'' was in response to you use of the word maywe are in the Premier League we cannot put players in the first team hoping they may improve or '' may even be more suited to first team football'', we need absolute certainties or as certain as we can getif you feel you know far more than the managers and coaches who are working with these players day in, day out why not pop along to Colney and tell them - I''m sure they would welcome your input as it might not have occured to them to have these players around the first team - and who knows they might even want to take you to the US with them, after all why should the club be blooding coaches from foreign countries when they could be using one of their own - you

ps just who are these " blooding other teams" ?

Time for them to go on loan. I really hope the likes of the Murphy lads or Morris or McGeehan get a couple of sub appearences this season. It would be nice to see what they could do.

Rudd had a game however, conceeded a penalty and played amazing after that and then hasn''t seen the team since, i guess the youth team have an impossible task!

well I was just discussing not here for argument but I would rather use one of the Norwich under 21 youth that kei kamera or harry kane that''s for sure ! so lets agree  to disagree :-) all city fans at end of day  ps I know 5 professional coaches spoke to one from Norwich today 1 from another premiership team and 3 from league 1 and if I hadn''t found beer women and hys club and been a knob ! 

who knows I might well of been going the usa ;-)

"I know 5 professional coaches spoke to one from Norwich today 1 from another premiership team and 3 from league 1"

''spoke to one from Norwich today '' ......... ?well that''s a step up from claiming to be Napoleon I suppose

no I didn''t mean it like that ( I don''t read back my posts ) and I should sound big headed and I am not ! so sorry for that back to topic , so that really was what I was getting at instead of a harry kane I would like to see one of ours given the chance nobodys knows what may happen he might rise he might fall ,but its no different from a loanee who might do the same..........

I think in response to the OP that it will be a while till we see much happen with the team as the team''s success was down to an excellent spirit, tactics and work ethic rather than outstanding talent. The Murphy twins are in my opinion the best of the bunch in terms of raw ability. They are the ones which stand out most and look as promising as some of the other top talents of that age group such as Akpom or Loftus-Cheek.

I don''t think any of them are ready to play for the first team however I think the Murphys deserve a go in the cups if there is an easy draw if not in the league off the bench

Ultimately success in youth tournaments doesn''t guarantee a bunch if any players who can go on and play for the first team. I still think that the Chelsea had more talented players and players who are more likely to play at a high level,

I just hope at least one of the Norwich players can break through in the next two seasons or so but look at how long it took for Welbeck or Cleverley to break through at Man U not every youngster can play at 17 like Fabregas did.