Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Playmakers

Now bentley and mulryne have gone i dont really think we have anyone who can ping a good ball in and really make anything happen. Hux is obviously an exception but he makes things happen through his runs more than anything and safri is ok but thats about it! how many times did we score from set pieces last season? I cant remember any.. and our defence was pretty useless at dealing with anything crossed over or played into them, is this because there''s no-one in training to practice against?

[quote]Now bentley and mulryne have gone i dont really think we have anyone who can ping a good ball in and really make anything happen. Hux is obviously an exception but he makes things happen through his r...[/quote]

I agree entirely - central midfield is where we have the shortest amount of cover and I have been calling for a creative midfielder on and off for a couple of seasons. 

Competition for places is also needed and with just 5 players coming in I hope a playmaker in on the list.  Finding one is the hard bit...

OTBC

yeah i think a key signing would be a playmaker. And a winger who either has a damn good cross or who can take on players and is very speedy. Or both.
Also, a brick wall defender along with a Steeno type right back imo.

Yeah, and with Svensson going (who was excllent with midfiled link up play) we really look thin on the ground - agree we need another midfield playmaker and right winger.

I do agree that bringing in a midfield playmakers is a neccessity as I feel its obviously no good having the likes of Ashton and Mckenzie upfront being ineffective because of lack of service. I think Magilton is a good suggestion, however obvious reasons might rule him out.

Actually, Magilton isn''t a stupid suggestion - Ipswich would have been a lot less creative over the past couple of seasons without him in midfield. However, his advancing years means that he''s unlikely to be able to perform well for Ipswich next season, let alone Norwich.   

Sod playermakers !

Any Midfield will do if everyone leaves who is expected we have two - Holt / Safri not that clever really if one gets injured.

We must therefore do everything to keep Francis