Everywhere we gooooo,

People always ask us,

Whoooo we are,

Where we come from,

And we always tell''em!

We come from Norwich,

Nawty Nawty Norwich,

And if they can''t hear us,

WE SHOUT-A-BIT-LOUDER! *Repeat LOUDER!* etc.

That could last a good 10-15 mins! ;)

Ah, good days.

In your Liverpool slums

You look in the dustbin for something to eat

You find a dead cat and you think its a treat

In your Liverpool slums

And

Atack

Atack

Atack Atack Atack

I seem to remember when Barnsley were in the Prem singing "it''s just like watching Brazil", we resorted to singing "it''s just like watching Peru"

and at Nottm Forest (a) during the season we finished 3rd in the Prem - "Alan Hansen, what w----r"

as an aside, the songs I always liked at other grounds were "You fill up my senses" at Sheff Utd and "The Liquidator" at Wolves

I was always a fan of "We are Norwich" to the tune of "We are sailing".. rarely heard these days."one man went to war... Went to war with Ipswich" in the days of 12000 fans vs Stockport"in your Manchester/Birmingham/Liverpool Slums"....we rarely hear on the ball city now apart from when its manufactured at the start... 3...2....1....

"one man went to war... Went to war with Ipswich" in the days of 12000 fans vs Stockport

Remember those days all too well Jas, there''d only be about 20 of us still singing it by the time it got into double figures.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]"one man went to war... Went to war with Ipswich" in the days of 12000 fans vs Stockport

Remember those days all too well Jas, there''d only be about 20 of us still singing it by the time it got into double figures.[/quote]I miss the singing in the old days... I still think the atmosphere is better now but there was just a great togetherness with about 30 of us in the Barclay singing whilst Port Vale rolled their 5th in against us....

"I miss the singing in the old days... I still think the atmosphere is better now but there was just a great togetherness with about 30 of us in the Barclay singing whilst Port Vale rolled their 5th in against us...."

Did you sit in the back couple of rows of E block in the Lower Barclay by any chance?

nope... i was Block D row U. From 1996 until 2008.... when i get to sit in the barclay now (not often I get to go) I still make a point of wandering up to the old seat and saying hello... Some good people up there... Many came and went over the years, but theres a few who have been in their seats even longer than I was.... the days of us all charing down the stairs after a goal, abusing Jim Bowen the Steward.. good days :)sat in the south stand before that with the old boy...

Sat in Row V of E Block almost level with the edge of the 18 yard box (which was on the border of E and D) for the best part of that same time, before I had to miss a few seasons. As you say, cracking bunch of people, made the Rioch/Hamilton days a little more bearable!

At Ipswich games Mariner has only got one ball --- reference to the fact that I. Believe he had one removed after being lived there !

My favourite of all time , we do. Hear it now but not like in the mid 70s you will never walk alone, I remember all the ground even parts of the main stand being a mass of green and yellow scarfs and the sound rebounding off the tin roofs, fantastic times .

To the tune of Bony M''s Mary''s Boy Child, it had the lines, "and we will fight for ever more because of Saturday. "

Also, We''re on the march with Ken Brown''s army (or whatever manager) We''re on the road to Wem-be-ly

We will really shake ''em up

When we win the FA Cup

''Cause we are the world''s greatest football team.

I was born under the Barclay Stand

Boots were made for kicking, guns were made to shoot

If you come into the Barclay Stand we''ll all put in the boot!

I was born under the Barclay stand.

(To the tune of ''Wanderin Star'' from some 60''s musical.) 

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

Boots were made for kicking, guns were made to shoot

If you come into the Barclay Stand we''ll all put in the boot!

I was born under the Barclay stand.

(To the tune of ''Wanderin Star'' from some 60''s musical.) 

[/quote]

Love that one. 

Another -There is a tavern in the town, in the town,Where the skinheads hang around, hang aroundSo if you want your head kicked in, Come to the tavern in the town.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I was always a fan of "We are Norwich" to the tune of "We are sailing".. rarely heard these days."one man went to war... Went to war with Ipswich" in the days of 12000 fans vs Stockport"in your Manchester/Birmingham/Liverpool Slums"....we rarely hear on the ball city now apart from when its manufactured at the start... 3...2....1....

[/quote]Apart from every single home and away game non-stop for 90 minutes you are right [Y]

If you''re all going to Ipswich (or next away team) clap your hands.

If you''re all going to Ipswich clap your hands.

If you''re all going to Ipswich, all going to Ipswich

All going to Ipswich, clap your hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Portman Road is falling down, falling down, falling down

Portman Road is falling down, poor old Ipswich.

Build it up with yellow & green, yellow green. yellow & green

Build it up with yellow & green

(good old??) Norwich??

Memory has failed me.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]"I miss the singing in the old days... I still think the atmosphere is better now but there was just a great togetherness with about 30 of us in the Barclay singing whilst Port Vale rolled their 5th in against us...."

Did you sit in the back couple of rows of E block in the Lower Barclay by any chance?[/quote]How can "

Did you sit in the back couple of rows of E block in the Lower Barclay by any chance?" and "I miss the singing in the old days" be in the same thread?The old days were pre Barclay seating. That said, we got sit sit in the old Barclay at half time. Now THAT was a good laugh