Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Chants no longer heard at Carrow Road

Sign on sign on, with a pen, in your hand, and you''ll never get a job!

Your sister is your mother

Your father is your brother

Your shagging one another

The Ipswich family

She said no Marlon she said no

"Onward Norwich City" was good back in the day - and also the one to the Lord of the Dance tune (although confess I could never get all the words to that one!!!

Born is the King of Carrow Road David Cross David Cross

Cheer up George Burley

What was the adaption to Day dream believer..... In fact why didi they stop playing that before the game?

"If you''re standing on a corner with a blue scarf ''round your neck," .............

[quote user="ncfc4eva"]I used to love the one where it included the words ''my dad said be an Ipswich fan I said f**k off dad your a c***'' or something like that? Any else remember for me?

The 12 days of Huckerby was brilliant and the banter with the man city fans.. ''Weve got Abramovich you''ve got a drunken b*tch'' to which we replied ''we''ve got a supercook you''ve got a Russian crook'' haha[/quote]

If i remember rightly it went My old man said be an Ipswich fan and i said f**k off b******s you''re a c**t with i think you''re a c**t repeated. Can''t think it would go down well now!

I used to like the You''re going in the river

Also remember going through the whole team to the song we''ve got the whole world in our hands. Remember it once at Birmingham in the 80''s at a cup game going on for ages, we''ve got Chrissy Woods No.1 (repeated 3 times) then we''ve got the best team in the land Imagine doing that for all 11!!

For all us old barclay boys, how about "Knees up mother brown", {standing in the barclay jumping up & down}, also " We hate Nottingham Forest",,,, at one time you use to get slung out if you started knees up mother brown as it use to cause a surge!!

P/S I BET THERE''S NOT MANY ON THIS SITE THAT CAN REMEMBER " HANDLE BARS" THE TOP COPPER IN THOSE DAYS IN THE BARCLAY??    HE HAD A MOUSTACHE LIKE THE "GO COMPARE" SINGER,  good old days 13,000 loyal fans!

[quote user="ncfc4eva"] the banter with the man city fans.. ''Weve got Abramovich you''ve got a drunken b*tch'' to which we replied ''we''ve got a supercook you''ve got a Russian crook'' haha[/quote]Think you mean Chelsea fans [;)]My favorites were:Moroccan all over the worldWe love you Paul McVeighYou must have come in a wheelchair - when Wimbledon visited while the Jarrold Stand was being built.  They only sold 10 tickets (plus a few comps), so they were put in the disabled areaSack your agent, sack your agent, sack your agent Huckerby - after his agent came out saying Hucks is too big a player for Norwich and we couldn''t afford himA mention has to go out to the last game at Reading''s Elm Park (sorry not at Carrow Road), where Fleck was given a very warm welcome, but was memorable for the ''On the pitch'' chant that was being conducted by policewoman in front of us.

Recall a marvellous night at Grimsby''s garden shed with the Paul Mcveigh chant, the sparrow chant and one that hasn''t I think got a mention yet:

Alan Brazil we all hate Alan Brazil.... Big Fat B...D

That was fun.

Watling is a W[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/youremyfriend/media/anchor.jpg.html][IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/youremyfriend/anchor.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Yippee ! got a picture on here at last !

''We`ve got Abramovich you''ve got a drunken b*tch'' to which we replied ''we''ve got a supercook you''ve got a Russian crook''Loved that one. At times during that run of drawing games last season, I wish we could have had a few choruses of this. Got to be the best chant for a stale atmosphere:http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/west_ham-chants/lets-pretend-we-scored-a-goal/

[quote user="lake district canary"]My personal favourite was "My garden shed,is bigger than this".  We don''t here this one any more - granted there aren''t many sheds in the premiership..............

[/quote]

I''m sure we sang this, this season.  Was it at Old Trafford ?

Also at Liverpool we did the "let''s pretend we scored a goal" celebration, frankly we had to.

From the old Barclay End days of the mid ''80s.(In a high-pitched girly sounding voice) - We love you Chelsea, we do! - We love you Chelsea, we do!Also, to Chelsea fans: - You can stick your f***ing celery up your ar*e - You can stick your f***ing celery - You can stick your f***ing celery - You can stick your f***ing celery up your ar*e - Sideways !

To Man U fans*: - Who''s that lying on the runway - Who''s that lying in the snow - It''s Busby and the boys - Making all the f***ing noise - ''Cause they can''t get their aeroplane to go.*Yeah, very bad taste, I know.

- Keep on scoring Fashanu - Keep on scoring Fashanu - Keep on scoring Fashanu(Too "Oops-up side your head") - You''ll get a pitch-fork round your head - A pitch-fork round your head

''Keep the green flag flying high''. I miss that one, used to be sung most home games. Not sure if it was discontinued after they stopped sponsoring England senior team?

"You''re going to get you F**king heads kicked in" was used aggressively in the 70s and 80s when the opposition wound the home fans up.

Mariners a W**ker was also sung loudly against the scum

"Who''s the B***ard in the black", they wear other colours now, so no way can we sing "who''s the b***ard in the green/yellow", tactical I think from the FA lol

Aye,aye,aye,aye

Keelan is better than Yashin

Bryceland is better than Eusabio

and Ipswich are in for a thrashing.