Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Elliott Ward

A good defender at championship level, commanding in defence and better with the ball than most defenders at that level.  It''s no coincidence he won promotion with us and before that with another team, and last season when he joined Forest he definitely seemed to strengthen their defence.  Just not quite good enough for the Prem.

Hope he does well.

Not trying to cause mischief city1st, just putting jokes down at wiz''s expense.

However I seen to have attracted somewhat of a BW''s cat fan club.

I wish him luck at Bournemouth, he''s a decent player and did well for us. In fact I feel he deserves to play at a bigger club, but I''m sure he had his reasons for choosing them.

[quote user="Bw Cat "]Not trying to cause mischief city1st, just putting jokes down at wiz''s expense.

However I seen to have attracted somewhat of a BW''s cat fan club.[/quote]

Sorry it''s taken me so long to reply just going through your fan mail

[quote user="refjezdavies"][quote user="Bws A twatt"]Good luck to him. Bournemouth seem to be doing quite well for themselves.

Shame he was such a w*nker...[/quote]

Is it your attention to be inflammatory at every available opportunity?

Go on then Einstein! Why was Elliott Ward a, and I quote, ''a w*nker''?[/quote]

I''m surprised that you did not pick up on the origins of that comment, given -"Don''t call one of our most dependable a w*nker then expect to get on insults yourself...Simple

I thought an an old codger like you might know that.
"
12/08/2012, 3:28 PM - Give Peas a Chance

which was in reply to wiz''s comment
"Defence obsessed, can''t spot w*nkers (Ward)" 12/08/2012, 10:30 AM

- First Wizard

Sorry everybody but Ward wins hands down the award for being the worse player we fielded in that 2011- 2012 season. Both he and R Bennett totally devastated our goal average for that season.

Players like Wilbraham, Lappin, Rudd acquitted themselves well at playing at the higher level, gave a good account of themselves and emerged with respect.

Ward was not only out of his depth but was a total embarrassment.

We owe something to Bournemouth for those half dozen players they sold to us in the mid 70''s. Those players became part of that very successful & entertaining side that got us promoted to the top tier (first time of asking) and stayed there. I don''t think Ward joining them is exactly repaying them for their good deed ! Poor buggers !

I also don''t consider him as being prominent in getting us promoted.

I suppose Liverpool fans will thank him for his hat trick (of errors).

[quote user="Six Pack"]Sorry everybody but Ward wins hands down the award for being the worse player we fielded in that 2011- 2012 season. Both he and R Bennett totally devastated our goal average for that season.

Players like Wilbraham, Lappin, Rudd acquitted themselves well at playing at the higher level, gave a good account of themselves and emerged with respect.

Ward was not only out of his depth but was a total embarrassment.

We owe something to Bournemouth for those half dozen players they sold to us in the mid 70''s. Those players became part of that very successful & entertaining side that got us promoted to the top tier (first time of asking) and stayed there. I don''t think Ward joining them is exactly repaying them for their good deed ! Poor buggers !

I also don''t consider him as being prominent in getting us promoted.

I suppose Liverpool fans will thank him for his hat trick (of errors).[/quote]

That is a very one sided view.    The goal average for 2011-12 (a season where we finished 12th, by the way) was not great - but that was down to the whole team.   Errors, yes, but not just from Ward and Bennett.  You could go through the whole team and point out errors that led directly or indirectly to goals against.  Whitbread, DeLaet, Barnett, Hoolahan, Tierney etc etc.   Ward has had bad games - who hasn''t? - but  overall has been a good servant to the club.  In the first prem season he was coming back from injury too. 

City 1st

I just find it amazing that a certain poster thinks he/she has aquired a fan club when said poster''s ''rallying banner'' is against 1st wizard as proved in this post?

Hilarious really

impetuosity of youth, I suspectfar better that than someone who calls one of our players a wan ker

Give BW''s a Chance is what I say

perhaps you have answered that yourself""Don''t call one of our most dependable a w*nker then expect to get on insults yourself...Simple"

[quote user="Six Pack"]Sorry everybody but Ward wins hands down the award for being the worse player we fielded in that 2011- 2012 season. Both he and R Bennett totally devastated our goal average for that season. Players like Wilbraham, Lappin, Rudd acquitted themselves well at playing at the higher level, gave a good account of themselves and emerged with respect. Ward was not only out of his depth but was a total embarrassment. We owe something to Bournemouth for those half dozen players they sold to us in the mid 70''s. Those players became part of that very successful & entertaining side that got us promoted to the top tier (first time of asking) and stayed there. I don''t think Ward joining them is exactly repaying them for their good deed ! Poor buggers ! I also don''t consider him as being prominent in getting us promoted. I suppose Liverpool fans will thank him for his hat trick (of errors).[/quote]

It''s this kind of post that makes me think not everyone should be entitled to an opinion.

I mean if you''re a wind up merchant then that''s a bit different but if this is actually representative of what you know and understand about football then you may wish to consider switching to another sport that you may be able to get a better grasp of.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Six Pack"]Sorry everybody but Ward wins hands down the award for being the worse player we fielded in that 2011- 2012 season. Both he and R Bennett totally devastated our goal average for that season. Players like Wilbraham, Lappin, Rudd acquitted themselves well at playing at the higher level, gave a good account of themselves and emerged with respect. Ward was not only out of his depth but was a total embarrassment. We owe something to Bournemouth for those half dozen players they sold to us in the mid 70''s. Those players became part of that very successful & entertaining side that got us promoted to the top tier (first time of asking) and stayed there. I don''t think Ward joining them is exactly repaying them for their good deed ! Poor buggers ! I also don''t consider him as being prominent in getting us promoted. I suppose Liverpool fans will thank him for his hat trick (of errors).[/quote]

It''s this kind of post that makes me think not everyone should be entitled to an opinion.

I mean if you''re a wind up merchant then that''s a bit different but if this is actually representative of what you know and understand about football then you may wish to consider switching to another sport that you may be able to get a better grasp of.

[/quote]

GJP, I didn''t start this thread - I just contributed my opinion, It is my opinion & not anyone else''s. I began my post with "sorry everybody" because what I had to say may have been too strong or offensive. Most here were thanking & saying goodbye to Ward - I wasn''t aware that this is an appreciation thread only.

My opinion is he was the weakest player we fielded in the 2011-2012 season.

LGC says he wasn''t the only one to make mistakes - I totally agree with this. But the mistakes by De Laet & Barnett were individual brain explosions - different from Ward who was totally outclassed.

GJP you & LDC should be commended, coming on here, showing appreciation/leniency towards Ward by defending him. My opinion is he was an embarrassment.

Ok at Championship level, not good enough for the Premiership. Always baffled by the idea that some peddled that he was good with the ball at his feet- he did well when playing with instinct but give him a bit of time with the ball at his feet and more often than not an aimless chip forward happened. Certainly not an embarrassment though!

[quote user="king canary"] Always baffled by the idea that some peddled that he was good with the ball at his feet-

[/quote]

By centreback standards he was (is) good with the ball at his feet. By Norwich City centreback standards he was particularly good with the ball at his feet.

Best ball playing centreback we''ve had for a good few years.

[quote user="Bw Cat "]"poor old wiz"

That''s got to be a joke right?

Right?[/quote]

Haha - touched a nerve BW?

Yes. Poor old wiz that cretins like you keep attacking him, yes I''ve pulled him up on one or two things, as many other posters have but your constant attacks on him are a bit farcical to be honest...you should be ashamed of yourself

"Haha - touched a nerve BW?

Yes. Poor old wiz that cretins like you keep attacking him, yes I''ve pulled him up on one or two things, as many other posters have but your constant attacks on him are a bit farcical to be honest...you should be ashamed of yourself "

Well then maybe he shouldn''t be trolling the forums 24/7 should he?