Sign in to follow this  
Norwich or die tryin!

Elliott Bennett Villa link

In the Villa thread there was a link to a Youtube video of his goals for Brighton. Most of those goals seemed to come from a cental position so I''m wondering whether Chris Hughton could use him as an alternative to Wes if required? Didn''t he pay in that position against Peterborough in the FA cup?

We are looking at the likes of Ola Toivonen to come in and replace Wes and wingers to compete with Pilks and Snoddy. EB will not even get on the bench.

J grey I often agree with you and I am afraid eb is finding that we are outgrowing him as he is not moving as quickly as we are. So I certainly agree.

This season found him wanting and it almost became a joke when eb shot as in the end we are hoping he scores rather than believing he may score or put a good ball in to the box.

I also find it hard that some of our fans do not know where our players played at previous teams. Eb was in a more central position and looks better in that position. But he never competed with hoops to. Claim that position after lambert playing him out wide. Butterfield comes in and he is the player we hope to take that position with eb a close second, but Howson has also shown it is a position that he is more naturally suited.

We all need better players, we all know every team is going to improve... So I just hope we can get them in ASAP get them settled and ready to go for the pre season games. I have no question rvw over the course of the season will show his amazing ability and be our headline writing player. I just hope we can add others so that the mantle can be shared by genuine quality.

Eb came in as a bit of the jigsaw at the end of the season and did his bit but once we get better calibre of players in we can change our 25. We have had a team that has fought to keep us up for two seasons now we build a team for stability. Squad players can be sold for a little bit of cash so we can build, the ayala''s, fox''s of the world are done... We need to move on these players who are unfortunately not getting games. They both could play but after being down the pecking order this season with our new additions they will and should drop even further.

The sale of Chris Martin has opened the way for EB to leave. PL''s strategy was based on there being a number of same name pairs to sow confusion in opposition ranks. By the time defenders had worked out who they should be marking at set-pieces the ball was in the back of the net. PL wishes to re-establish this scenario by linking EB with Joe Bennett. Thank god there''s only one Benteke although even his name is sufficiently similar to Bennett to be misheard with devastating consequences!

Given that City have 3 places available, I''d like to see those filled first, then replacements for those who didn''t feature last season like Fox, Ayala, and Vaughan before selling Bennett, who did play a useful role last season and who has the potential to play as a wing-back as well. Evolution, not revolution, as CH said.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Found it amusing they were waiting for wiz to comment![/quote]

They''ll have a long wait ............I''m banned...........but wait!..............who is this Son of Wiz who''s now posting on there?[;)]

My reach grows ever wide.[;)]