Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Latest rumour - Jozy Altidore

There''s the ''Norwich and Fulham'' link yet again that we''ve seen in several rumours this summer already.

Altidore has been linked before, but I''m not sure he''s what CH is looking for. I''d prefer the Belgian, Jesse Vossen myself. He has a better scoring record than Benteke had in that league and could be available for around £6m.

I don''t know much about him, except that over the past two seasons for AZ he has scored 38 in 67 games. Perhaps the league is short of Premiership standards, but that''s a fair achievement.

I wouldn''t be upset if he came to us, but perhaps we are waiting on Toivonen, and we may miss on this one.

The Eredivisie seems to have a lot of goals, nearly every player we are linked with has scored loads.

Altidore is a CF but Toivonen is an AM so maybe we are after both? We seem to be linked with ''bustling'' CFs and goalscoring AMs at the moment.

He wasn''t very good when he played for Hull a few years back tbf.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

A vague link to another player in a Dutch football site today...

http://www.football-oranje.com/transfer-rumour-round-up-220613-eriksen-maher-altidore/

Yesterday we told you Sunderland are interested in signing Jozy Altidore, today they have been joined by fellow British clubs Celtic, Norwich City, Cardiff City, Southampton, and Fulham, who are all following the AZ forward.

[/quote]It''s not just the British hacks emailing rubbish in from the beach then?

He''s been knocking them in for the national team too as of late.

Personally I''d love another American on the team. It''s been a while. And the exposure for NCFC over here would go way up.

Kei Kamara kind of counted, he certainly talked the talk. I''m not sure on Altidore, i''d happily take him though, as i think with RVW and Holt, we''ve got enough in our locker should Altidore flop. I do think he could be a real quality player if it went his way though.