Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Ideas for improving atmosphere.

Couldn''t get past first one without smiling. If only playing a few tunes over the PA attracted more fans. Still might work for them... Flies around s*** and all that.

Blimey, that bogger is grasping at straws.

My suggestion would be for them to all just give up and stop wasting their time in that miserable hovel they call a ground. Just burn it down and forget it was ever there, use the site as landfill.

As well meaning as te poor fellow is all those measures will do, at best, is over excite a few of the happy clappies.It is what is happening on the pitch that counts - even sh ite football like at Stoke will be accepted if it is delivering success. Sadly for our impoverished neighbours there has been little of that in the past decade, and unlikely to be much in the future either as things stand.And as with the food, which will be set at the optimum price that brings in the biggest return(profit) the tickets are set at a price that doesn''t undermine the season ticket price. So there is little that can be done there either. More so when your club is ran by two Evans appointed bean counters.You would think by know that the penny would have dropped. That signing aged has beens was a clear sign of the impoverished state of the club as having so many ''criminals in the squad is. The more observant may have noticed that Tortoise Bumble is now ambling about the training ground - another one not unfamiliar with the inside of a court house - a training ground that has recently been been moved out of the hands of the club and into one of Evans other companies. And there has been no mention of the season ticket sales which suggests they may have fallen even further that expected. Currently nigh on £100m in debt, with a dwindling crowd base and a policy that will see only out of contract players brought in this summer it can only be a matter of time for the paupers. The question is just how much further will they have to slip before it all implodes ? If administration does happen then it will almost certainly mean relegation. And what then ? What would a future owner be taking over. It is not even known if the club still owns the lease, it certainly doesn''t own the training ground. So what''s left ? A few players and some tin plated replicas and few fading yellow press cuttings. poorman road - the future(click)

That photo looks like the present day city1st. I can imagine portaloo road and the streets of pisswich looking a bit like this in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

Some of the comments on that article are hilarious. I bet Liverpool and RIPswich fans would get along like a house on fire when it comes to ''the good ol'' days''.

Try getting some half decent fans who aren''t glory hunters would be a start. Only partially turning up for the big games isn''t true testament. Would rather spend time with a Sheffield Weds fan or similar

Want 20,000+ fans each game? Called attractive football, through thick and thin despite any manager - we''ve done it. A little belief, heads not down when the going gets tough. 20k fans for 10+ years is proof of the pudding and includes the rise and fall through the 3 tiers (and back again)

Asking for better entertainment pre-match and half time but wanting more in the bars? Contradiction.

If they want to help - just do what any supporter of a club will do - support your local team by turning up regardless.

Haha I love the bit about half time entertiainment... Give us something to make the £28 ticket worth while. Yup, have to agree with that one, if I had to go to a game there I''d want something else to make the ticket worth while!

[quote user="birchfest"]Haha I love the bit about half time entertiainment... Give us something to make the £28 ticket worth while. Yup, have to agree with that one, if I had to go to a game there I''d want something else to make the ticket worth while![/quote]Yeah like £27.50''s worth of free beer and burgers.

They should send them some of those embarrassing happy clapper things. Unless they''ve already been burnt in shame

"How about decorating the stand with past history?"

It''s an interesting proposal. We all donate some of our own past history and plaster their ground with it - help out the neighbours, and make Portaloo Road live up to its name. Post it in a watertight package, or for the personal touch bring it along and get down to some serious lobbing practice.

"bring it along"

bring it to whatI doubt anyone is visiting poorman road at any point

Talking of half time entertainment. I''ll always remember not too many seasons back. The Royal Marines (I think it was them) did a display of armed and unarmed combat, simulating knocking the crap out of each other.

I believe the club had a few complaints from parents complaining their little darlings were subjected to unnecessary violence.

"I believe the club had a few complaints from parents complaining their little darlings were subjected to unnecessary violence"I think the club stated that any future display would not include children and would only involve marines.