Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Nigeria

Watching the Confederations cup and 8 of the squad are currently home based players, in the Nigerian League.

I cant imagine the wage budget is up to much there, could we perhaps pick up a player on a lower wage and for a smaller transfer fee? ANC winners and I should imagine will make the world cup.

I wonder if Hughton has had them watched.

None of them convince me that much apart from Musa on the wing, he''s got class all over the place, Spain were lucky Nigerias strikers couldn''t hit a barn door, as they couldn''t deal with Musa.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]None of them convince me that much apart from Musa on the wing, he''s got class all over the place, Spain were lucky Nigerias strikers couldn''t hit a barn door, as they couldn''t deal with Musa.[/quote]

Musa was certainly thier stand out player, along with Mikel of course, Sunday Mba was also impressive I thought and he is one of the players still playing in the Nigerian league.

an agent will simply negotiate a wage relative to the club and league the player is joining - not his country of origin

True, but so does Honda and some deluded people on here think he''d possibly consider us!

I think Musa will stick around there for another year of european football assuming they got in(?). I reckon he''s destined for a top team, he''s only 20 (well according to the records...)