Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Tom Ince

They said the same to Parker and many more Centre Mids.

They have already:

Lampard, Hazard, Oscar, De Bruyne, Ramires, Mikel, Mata, Romeu, Marin, Moses, Chalobah.

Look like getting:

Schurrle

I don''t know where they think they will fit Van Ginkel in.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I reckon we were honestly in for Van Ginkel and in prime position for around £15m, but some more exposure at the championships and new managers at Chelsea and Man U wanting him has probably driven his price up and maybe ruled us out of getting him. I''d be delighted if somehow we managed to get him though. I also don''t see his sense if he does join Chelsea, there won''t be room for him there and he will rot away on the bench for a year. He''d be far better coming here, playing games, proving how good he can be in the Premiership before moving to a top club.[/quote]

I believe i read a few times last week that Mourinho has told him he is in his first team plans

[/quote]

Yes, it would be a bit of an odd move to spend several million on him if he wasn''t in your plans.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="priceyrice"]I believe i read a few times last week that Mourinho has told him he is in his first team plans[/quote]Yes, it would be a bit of an odd move to spend several million on him if he wasn''t in your plans.[/quote]In actual fact, Chelsea signing Van Ginkel would benefit us greatly if the event that we were interested in signing Marin.Only likely to cost around 5mil, and is one of those damn good players that drop out of sight just waiting for a good move to resurrect their career, and that''s exactly what we could offer him.Makes players like Toivonen et al seem limited in comparison...

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I reckon we were honestly in for Van Ginkel and in prime position for around £15m, but some more exposure at the championships and new managers at Chelsea and Man U wanting him has probably driven his price up and maybe ruled us out of getting him. I''d be delighted if somehow we managed to get him though. I also don''t see his sense if he does join Chelsea, there won''t be room for him there and he will rot away on the bench for a year. He''d be far better coming here, playing games, proving how good he can be in the Premiership before moving to a top club.[/quote]

I believe i read a few times last week that Mourinho has told him he is in his first team plans

[/quote]

Yes, it would be a bit of an odd move to spend several million on him if he wasn''t in your plans.

[/quote]

Doubt it has much to do with Jose, Emenalo does the transfer business at Chelsea (along with Roman of course).

Chelsea are in need of some new central midfielders with Mikel more than likely leaving this summer. I imagine Van Ginkel will get a decent amount of games for a young player. He''ll also probably look at it from the point of view that if he came to Norwich he would almost certainly be the best player in that position, whereas at Chelsea there are other, senior players, who can help him improve. If you want to become a top attacking midfielder there aren''t many players better than Frank Lampard to learn from.

I think the fact Liverpool are refusing to stump up the 8-10m (considering they get some of it back as well), and are buying unproven guys from the continent over Ince, tells us a lot.

Good player, but not a lot of room for potential, unlike Zaha