Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Tom Ince

For those of you who were saying the Promoted teams would struggle / find it hard to recruit this season.Looks like Cardiff just snapped up Tom Ince.That is a brilliant signing for them and shows real intent.I do believe this season will be a lot more competitive than some people are suggesting it will be!

Great signing for them...when is there be some concrete news of a Norwich signing...? I wouldn''t have minded him at FCR!

little frustrating whatching other teams sign players...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Great signing for them...when is there be some concrete news of a Norwich signing...? I wouldn''t have minded him at FCR! little frustrating whatching other teams sign players...[/quote]

He hasn''t signed yet - Liverpool have first refusal on Tom Ince and the fact this news has leaked suggests that Tom Ince might like some other teams to come bidding.

They have agreed a fee, doesnt mean he will sign, Norwich have agreed a fee for Toivonen and not joined yet.  It would be a great signing for them, good chance of getting in the team and if they are relegated, they should be able to cash in for a profit.

8 million is a pretty hefty chunk of cash, especially when you consider that Redmond is meant to be valued at around 3 mil, and players like Capel are going for 5-6...I think he''s a very good young player, but yet again the British player pricing makes the fee go OTT, and for that money I''d rather we looked elsewhere.

Not really that hefty an amount of cash when you consider Redmond is in the last year of his contract, Capel is at a club desperate for money and all the Premiership clubs have a massive increase in wealth to spend on transfers this summer due to the new TV contract.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]8 million is a pretty hefty chunk of cash, especially when you consider that Redmond is meant to be valued at around 3 mil, and players like Capel are going for 5-6...

I think he''s a very good young player, but yet again the British player pricing makes the fee go OTT, and for that money I''d rather we looked elsewhere.
[/quote]

Liverpool would be entitled to about £3m of that £8m (if the figure is correct) so you can see why the value has been pushed up so high. I also imagine Tom''s dad being Blackpool manager has reduced the threat of him forcing a move out of the club.

pricing is what the media guess atthe only certainty from City''s accounts is that the fees quoted are never accurate, and sometimes well wide of the mark still, they do over excite te not too bright so provides the media with sales/clicks etcso at least someone is winning

"Great signing for them...when is there be some concrete news of a Norwich signing...? I wouldn''t have minded him at FCR!

little frustrating whatching other teams sign players..."

What other Club''s signings are we talking about? Can''t say I have seen any great deals made so far.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"Great signing for them...when is there be some concrete news of a Norwich signing...? I wouldn''t have minded him at FCR!

little frustrating whatching other teams sign players..."

What other Club''s signings are we talking about? Can''t say I have seen any great deals made so far.[/quote]Liverpool and Villa seem to be the only two clubs doing their business early.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]For those of you who were saying the Promoted teams would struggle / find it hard to recruit this season.

Looks like Cardiff just snapped up Tom Ince.

That is a brilliant signing for them and shows real intent.

I do believe this season will be a lot more competitive than some people are suggesting it will be!
[/quote]

If he''s that good then why aren''t a bigger/more established Prem side going for him?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]For those of you who were saying the Promoted teams would struggle / find it hard to recruit this season.Looks like Cardiff just snapped up Tom Ince.That is a brilliant signing for them and shows real intent.I do believe this season will be a lot more competitive than some people are suggesting it will be![/quote]

If he''s that good then why aren''t a bigger/more established Prem side going for him?

[/quote]That''s the question pretty much every football fan is asking on Twitter.I have no idea, I thought he was going Liverpool.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Great signing for them...when is there be some concrete news of a Norwich signing...? I wouldn''t have minded him at FCR!

little frustrating whatching other teams sign players...[/quote]We can sign our targets yet as Paulinho and Busquets are still in South America.....either that or this is the time that players all go on their holidays, so that''s why we are not signing people.

£8 million!! And there''s people on here that think Pilks is only worth £5 million. Another overrated, overpriced English player.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]GJP, How many Years did Tom''s old man spend at West Ham before a bigger club came in?[/quote]

Was a regular in the first team for about 2 seasons.

Why?

because he had to establish himself somehwere before the big boys came in...

as is the case of Ince Jnr.. he may well be "that" good... we will find out.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

because he had to establish himself somehwere before the big boys came in...

as is the case of Ince Jnr.. he may well be "that" good... we will find out.

[/quote]

He might be good and I''m not saying he won''t be but clearly (if he goes to Cardiff) there is something missing or something that is putting bigger clubs off.

It''s not as if big clubs won''t buy outstanding young talents for big money.

No one else can promise him the game time he wants i''d guess.

Would he be guaranteed a start at Norwich week in week out?

He has a lot of potential and if he goes to Cardiff it will be a very good signing for them. £8m is a lot when you consider what you can get for your money on the continent.

£8mill isn''t good value, even if your club is bankrolled like Cardiff.If you have to earn and account for every penny like Norwich it''s a gargantuan gamble on a young players who''s never played in the top flight. And is he that much better than our current wingers? I''d say no given their experience. Although he has more potential if his reputation is correct.

neither is it accuratemerely a conjured up figure ... that''s allif you wish to speculate on it more fool you

A very exciting young player... But for that money, I think it would be better signing someone more capable of hitting the ground running rather than a player who might need time to adapt and grow into top flight football. I''d rather have Van Ginkle or Caple for that kind of money

Dhickl wrote:

ROBFLECK wrote:

Great signing for them...when is there be some concrete news of a Norwich signing...? I wouldn''t have minded him at FCR! little frustrating whatching other teams sign players...

We can sign our targets yet as Paulinho and Busquets are still in South America...

..either that or this is the time that players all go on their holidays, so that''s why we are not signing people.

Yeah right, I''ve heard/seen some unbelievable names being mentioned. Get real people, we are NOT going to sign Honda, etc...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He has a lot of potential and if he goes to Cardiff it will be a very good signing for them. £8m is a lot when you consider what you can get for your money on the continent.[/quote]

I think Siggurdsson even agreed a deal with Swansea last season - then he signed for Spurs :P

birchfest wrote - "I''d rather have Van Ginkle or Caple for that kind of money"

Van Ginkel will cost about £15m

Capel will cost about £5m

Ince will cost about £8m

So what kind of money are we looking at here? ;-)

I reckon we were honestly in for Van Ginkel and in prime position for around £15m, but some more exposure at the championships and new managers at Chelsea and Man U wanting him has probably driven his price up and maybe ruled us out of getting him. I''d be delighted if somehow we managed to get him though.

I also don''t see his sense if he does join Chelsea, there won''t be room for him there and he will rot away on the bench for a year. He''d be far better coming here, playing games, proving how good he can be in the Premiership before moving to a top club.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I reckon we were honestly in for Van Ginkel and in prime position for around £15m, but some more exposure at the championships and new managers at Chelsea and Man U wanting him has probably driven his price up and maybe ruled us out of getting him. I''d be delighted if somehow we managed to get him though.

I also don''t see his sense if he does join Chelsea, there won''t be room for him there and he will rot away on the bench for a year. He''d be far better coming here, playing games, proving how good he can be in the Premiership before moving to a top club.[/quote]
I believe i read a few times last week that Mourinho has told him he is in his first team plans