Sign in to follow this  

Our Redmond bid accepted!

Hope this is true. Just goes to show we can do better than a no mark MLS ''cody'' or krippled kane. Good signs from the board.

Certainly be an interesting test of how former players rate him as a boss

May well work in our favour

Seen a few people mentioning the "lure" of European football might favour Swansea. Not so sure.

Firstly, has he not already played in Europe for Brum? I''m sure he''s gagging for another -15C Thursday night in December, away in Serbia or wherever. I''d think the lure of working with the manager that gave him his big break again would be a bigger draw. Don''t think the uncertainty surrounding Laudrup''s future will help them much either.

Another top player that we are linked with. Lets hope that some of these bids actually turn into signings. Redmond seems a top top prospect with bags of pace, something we have been short of for a while. a player who can make chances for and keep up with RVW

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Seen a few people mentioning the "lure" of European football might favour Swansea. Not so sure.

Firstly, has he not already played in Europe for Brum? I''m sure he''s gagging for another -15C Thursday night in December, away in Serbia or wherever. I''d think the lure of working with the manager that gave him his big break again would be a bigger draw. Don''t think the uncertainty surrounding Laudrup''s future will help them much either.[/quote]

I tend to agree with this so will be interesting to see if we are right. We will probably offer a bit more money than Swansea. they have the lure of Europa League but not sure that competition really attracts players to clubs, especially as they won''t win it. Swansea also have 3 or 4 similar wingers to Redmond in this squad.

We on the other hand have his ex manager so again will be interesting to see how keen Redmond is to join him.

I could still see the fly in the ointment being a Fulham offering him more money or a West Brom offering him the chance to stay local.