Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Tom Ademyi

On the verge of signing for Birmingham. Does this open the door for redmond? Or am I reading too much into it!

Adeyemi was a free transfer. Not a make weght in a deal.

Isnt he also a central midfielder and Redmond a winger?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Adeyemi was a free transfer. Not a make weght in a deal.

Isnt he also a central midfielder and Redmond a winger?

[/quote]

Yes but not sure how that is relevant?

Nah just thought a player for a player. Then you made a valid point about him being released. So fair play

We will get a development fee for him. I''m a bit sick of seeing all our youngsters leave for free. Why can''t we sell them before their contracts run out?

I don''t know what we''re going to do when we get europa league next season if we keep offloading our homegrown players :-P

Maybe Shackell would come back to make up the numbers!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We will get a development fee for him. I''m a bit sick of seeing all our youngsters leave for free. Why can''t we sell them before their contracts run out?

I don''t know what we''re going to do when we get europa league next season if we keep offloading our homegrown players :-P

Maybe Shackell would come back to make up the numbers![/quote]

We won''t get anything for him as we released him and didn''t offer him a new deal. We would only get a fee if another club came in for him while he was still with us and went to tribunal.

Don''t we simply have to offer him the equivalent of what he was on to get a fee? These rules just get silly.

I had hopes Adeyemi would eventually play a role for us.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We will get a development fee for him. I''m a bit sick of seeing all our youngsters leave for free. Why can''t we sell them before their contracts run out?

Maybe Shackell would come back to make up the numbers![/quote]You look at Wiki and he''s played exactly 100 games while out on loan for three clubs. That says to me he''s played pretty well and would have commanded a fee if under contract. It is a shame they could''t have figured something out. Although on the other hand there would have been a decent income on the loan fees assuming the three clubs covered 100% of his wages too.

We probably payed them to take him to develop him knowing us. I think we should have offered him something at least even just to make sure we got a development fee.

Lower league clubs don''t have the money to spend. If we held out for a fee (and what would be be worth, 200k, 400 tops?), then all we do is hold the player back while we get petty and negotiate a price.We have bigger much bigger things to worry about than this. IMO, shows the intention and ambition of the club as we''re concerned about the bigger picture and not a small transfer fee. I have no issue with this, and I wish Tom well. Not quite sure if he''s Championship quality yet, but I hope he proves me wrong.

I hope there''s some ''gentlemans agreement'' in there at least, paving the way for Redmond to choose us over the other bidders.

Good luck Tom, I think you have excellent credentials and will again have an opportunity to learn from a very good manager and defensive midfielder, lee Clark.

I always thought adeyemi was a better prospect and player than Korey, I expect him to. Continue to develop and be a very good player. Good luck Tom.

Would it have hurt to have given these lads ( tom, korey ) 2 year contracts and loaned them out ?Think we are being a bit daft with our homegrown. Both have bags of potential, yet do need to grow.Ah well, you move on :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Would it have hurt to have given these lads ( tom, korey ) 2 year contracts and loaned them out ?Think we are being a bit daft with our homegrown. Both have bags of potential, yet do need to grow.Ah well, you move on :)[/quote]

Well maybe they didn''t want that?

Tom has now moved up a league each season from bradford to brentford and now brum and actually playing true competitive football learning his trade well

I wish him all the best as he continues to progress well - and maybe we will see him in the prem next season.