Sign in to follow this  
JayNCFC

EADT Relegation Countdown

I know this has been discussed in a fair bit of detail but what actually happened with it in the end? Did they wait until we were mathematically safe and just it? Did it fizzle out halfway through the season and no one spoke of it again? Is it now going the other way and counting their indebtedness? Random question, but intrigued.

I think it sort of fizzled out - some silly journo who totally misread the mood.

Most binners were rather embarrassed about it

as to the debt I think that has now become meaningless - in the sense that it can never be paid off as we did with our £22m

and you have to wonder what''s left of the carcass of poorman road and the paupers

the few players worth selling have been sold, with the money going into Evans pocket, he''s moved the ownership of the training ground out of the club

so it''s hard to see where they go from here . bar their continuous slide down the plughole

"it''s hard to see where they go from here"Well, Mick McCarthy was saying at the end of last season that next season they would be looking at a play off place

Well, Mick McCarthy was saying at the end of last season that next season they would be looking at a play off place

---------------------------------------------------

looking up at the play offs from 16th*

and Bowden was saying that they would be watching Champions League Football in 5 yearsClegg talked of Operation Premiershipand Keane talked of promotion within two yearswhereas poor old Jewel just talked bollox...................which considering the club he was talking about, was quite apt

ps I wonder why there has been no announcement of the season tickets sold at poorman road .... are they that bad

Here in America they have a US Debt clock which shows how much the debt is growing every sec....is there a way we can figure out how much Ipswich lose a year approx and make a clock for them and compare it to ours :)

Or who owns a Semi Truck...Park this outside Poorman Road

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/DebtClock3.jpg

[quote user="City1st"]I think it sort of fizzled out - some silly journo who totally misread the mood.

Most binners were rather embarrassed about it

as to the debt I think that has now become meaningless - in the sense that it can never be paid off as we did with our £22mand you have to wonder what''s left of the carcass of poorman road and the paupers

the few players worth selling have been sold, with the money going into Evans pocket, he''s moved the ownership of the training ground out of the club

so it''s hard to see where they go from here . bar their continuous slide down the plughole

[/quote]

Why meaningless now as opposed to before? The Ipswich debt has been way larger than anything we ever owed for quite some time now. And it is owed to the owner rather than, as in (most of ) our case, to outside organisations who would beyond a doubt want it back. I am not clear what has changed recently.

Why let facts get in the way of a good rant Purple. Deary me. Ever so ''umble etc. etc.....

"Why meaningless now as opposed to before? The

Ipswich debt has been way larger than anything we ever owed for quite

some time now. And it is owed to the owner rather than, as in (most of )

our case, to outside organisations who would beyond a doubt want it

back. I am not clear what has changed recently.

err, because the debt has risen to a point where sustaining PL status and paying off the debt is no longer feasible therefore the debt is meaningless in that contex.. as you well knowhowever I like the inference that
outside organisations who would beyond a doubt want it

back
, whereas Evans doesn''tso the transfer of the training ground was merely a slip of the pen ?still, if not accurate, you have by your usual spin over excited a couple of the boards habitual malcontentsso your post did have some purpose beyond sticking up for our impoverished neighbours(so few on here ever do, nowadays)

[quote user="swindoncanary"]"it''s hard to see where they go from here"Well, Mick McCarthy was saying at the end of last season that next season they would be looking at a play off place[/quote]

The same way I look wistfully at picturers of Helen Flanagan? Seems like the same level of dreaming is involved......

[quote user="Herman "]Why let facts get in the way of a good rant Purple. Deary me. Ever so ''umble etc. etc.....[/quote]

Herman, ending with the statutory "closet Binner" accusation, of course![:D]

[quote user="City1st"]I think it sort of fizzled out - some silly journo who totally misread the mood.>[/quote]

Ok... was really wondering about that - the Ipswich debt clock would be funny, the algorithm should be quite easy to work out if we knew

2010 - 2011 debt growth

2011 - 2012 debt growth

2012 - 2013 debt growth

(Differential 10-11+Differential 11-12+Differential 12-13)/3

That should give you your estimated increase per year.

So.... {Debt + ([debtxdifferential)/365)}xinflation

that will give you an estimated increase....

If someone could out some numbers to that it would be a very amature look at their debt over the next 10 years!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Herman "]Why let facts get in the way of a good rant Purple. Deary me. Ever so ''umble etc. etc.....[/quote]

Herman, ending with the statutory "closet Binner" accusation, of course![:D]

[/quote]

now why would you get upset about my tag line

hmmmmm

ps you really must stop making up stuff pc, or perhaps you could point out to the rest of us where the " statutory "closet Binner" accusation" has been in my posts - bearing in mind your word statutory

Bless ''em, the one last dangling thread of hope they had was to see us get relegated. Our 12th and 11th finishes must have burned :) Poor old binners staring into the abyss.