Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City could learn from Ladies!.

Okay, so I was bored last night, and it was a game where I wouldn''t get stressed out!.

England vs Finland in the Euro Championship on TV, ladies that is!.

England won 3-2 in a great game, and guess what?, they could cross balls, and take superb corners all night.

Now it beggars the question, as to why our lot up at Colney, can''t instill this particular talent into some of the City players?.

The pitch last night had the same dimensions as Carrow Road, so there''s no excuse''s guys, whoever coaches these lasses, could well do the buisiness for us!.

Crosses and corners, are a vital part of the game, and the ladies last night could teach City a few things.

Oh, the damn shame!!.  

Do you think we should sign Cathy Carney? Great goal in injury time- looks lively and busy in a midfield role and as you saw, some superb crossing. Not sure she would be allowed to play though! She certainly has more bottle than one Mr Francis.........!!

at 17, with a bit of a snarl and all action style, karen carney is the ladies'' version of wayne rooney.

maybe those two should get together on a more social level....

Norwich can also see the reason why they let 2-0 leads slip.......

[quote]Do you think we should sign Cathy Carney? Great goal in injury time- looks lively and busy in a midfield role and as you saw, some superb crossing. Not sure she would be allowed to play though! She ce...[/quote]

As you so rightly pointed out Tumbleweed, Miss Carney was a little terrier last night. I told Mrs wiz that that young gel would cause Finland trouble. How right I was.

Maybe Nigel should move aside eh?.  

I remember watching Brazil vs. Uruguay a few months ago. I wasn''t really paying much attention and I was sat the other end of the room. Watched it for a few minutes and turned to my girlfriend and said "Bloody hell, they''re playing like a bunch of girls". On closer inspection, they were in fact girls

Perhaps if city played with a beachball like the girls do it might help.

Watched it and realised that the average norfolk pub side would be these internationals

Nice touch about having the keepers being unable to catch to ball - adds some exitement to something that is no more than interesting than watching a dog walk about on it''s hindlegs

Amusing maybe, but pretty pointless otherwise

"Amusing but pointless." Even being a bloke (albeit one who manages a local girls'' team) I find an ill-considered comment like that both patronising and ignorant. Where most idiots go wrong when they scorn ladies'' football is trying to compare it to men''s football; even most of them may have noticed that the difference in physiology means that speed and power won''t be a feature of the ladies'' game. However, you won''t find skill, commitment or bottle in short supply in the ladies'' game; as Wiz said, it would be nice to see some men deliver a corner or free kick like England did last night, or finish like Carney did for our winner. And you won''t see many women rolling around on the floor, after a crunching tackle, like they''ve just been taken out by a sniper in the crowd (or trying to get someone booked) - they just get up and get on with it. And as for the comment that "most Norfolk pub sides could beat the England girls" - yeah, right! They''d spend the first 10 minutes trying to get the ball off the girls, followed by 80 minutes of blowing out their a**e and throwing up the previous night''s lager and kebabs on the sidelines! There are now 100,000 girl footballers registered in the UK enjoying the beautiful game; despite dim comments like a couple of those above, long may it continue.

Some of these women appear to be about as big and strong as some of the smaller players in the mens'' game. Which begs the question - why not have mixed teams like mixed tennis? Six men, five women? Wouldn''t that add a bit of spice!

By the way, anyone notice which bits women cover when facing a free kick?

Women''s football confuses me...

The football purist in me is screaming "no, no, no, why are you watching this?! They may be good in their own right and certainly better than me... but, but, but... they''re GIRLS!!!

Whereas the the other side is screaming "There''re GIRL''S BUTTS!"

It''s best I don''t get involved....

LOL ,   I look forward  to the day when  the politically correct  prats  turn their  beady eyes on  football  and start shrieking  for   women to have the same opportunity as men  in football ! before there`s any  snorts and sneers ....  women are in the fire brigades , in the forces , et al , all  of which were  male only institutions     never say never ... it could happen !!

I''m with Link here, I have also previously managed a women''s football team and found the attitudes and enthusiasm refreshing compared to the men''s game.  It is all too easily dismissed in this country, which is partly why our women will do well to make the semi-finals of this tournament.  Ask the Germans, Swedes or Norwegians their opinion, and you''ll see why it is one of those nations likely to win the European Championships.  Likewise the United States or China.

MadDan - actually, the women use the same matchballs as the men..........

[quote]and think of the delight the riverend would get if she took her shirt off no offence to the ladies[/quote]

Congratulations! Just 3 posts into a topic about women''s football and we have the first joke about swapping shirts. Is this a new record??

[quote]Perhaps if city played with a beachball like the girls do it might help. Watched it and realised that the average norfolk pub side would be these internationals Nice touch about having the keepers b...[/quote]

''Pretty pointless'' sums up my feelings about your sexist, bigoted claptrap Mad Dan.

Are you frightened of women in general, so much, that you feel you have to rubbish their excellent performances!.

I really enjoyed their game, and will watch again, the thought that you might not be watching, will only enhance that experience further!.