Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Panathinaikos

So exciting that no-one has started a thread bout this in the 9 hours since its been announced. Why cant we get a team that would be a bit more exciting. Like a valencia, sevilla, lazio, fiorentina. I certainly wouldnt wanna pay £15 to watch that match.

Don''t particularly enjoy paying to watch Stoke / Wigan / Fulham down here tbh.But you do it because you go for Norwich not for the opposition.... well sometimes for the opposition.Don''t see anything wrong with this fixture tbhBelieve during the Euros we were even linked with a few of their players!

I was thinking our pre season looked pretty good - ok, Panathinaikos aren''t perhaps a huge pull, but Sociedad are decent and both are good sides. No one one is saying you have to go - we''ll be playing for ''real'' only 7 days later.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]So exciting that no-one has started a thread bout this in the 9 hours since its been announced. Why cant we get a team that would be a bit more exciting. Like a valencia, sevilla, lazio, fiorentina. I certainly wouldnt wanna pay £15 to watch that match.[/quote]Maybe nobody had the balls to try and spell it?

The thing is, the club need to be tested before the season starts. This greek amateur team are going to be smashed by the lads, so what do we say to actually testing ourselves against a team like say, Valencia?

Pre-season games is just meant to get the team up to game fitness and some play time, so really, it''s doesn''t matter who the team is. It''s a good warm up game before Everton.

Oh i agree that it dont matter as its about getting the fitness up. I was making the point that friendlies are dire as it is but charging £15 for a friendly against them was a bit steep. Hardly 1 to get excited about.

Can I just point out that Aston Villa are doing a German tour, playing unheard of German league 2 teams (SV Rodinghausen, SC Paderborn and the almighty VfL Bochum), and then their pre-season consists of:

Wycombe Wanderers, Luton, Crewe, Walsall, Shamrock Rovers, and finally one decent game against Malaga.

We''ll be tested well by Brighton, Braga and Sociedad (both in Europa cup), so I can''t see what is the problem, maybe Pana aren''t as good as some, but are decent enough just before the league season.

[quote user="Casey"]Can I just point out that Aston Villa are doing a German tour, playing unheard of German league 2 teams (SV Rodinghausen, SC Paderborn and the almighty VfL Bochum), and then their pre-season consists of:

Wycombe Wanderers, Luton, Crewe, Walsall, Shamrock Rovers, and finally one decent game against Malaga.[/quote]Its always about villa isn''t it.

Real Sociedad finished 4th in Spain ,above Valencia and Seville that you mentioned, so I would suspect will provide more than stern enough test?.....what you don''t want on the last pre season match is to get a good hiding going into a new season, Panathinaikos should provide decent opposition but at the the same time an opportunity for us to beat them.