Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Curtis Davies

I think the fact we left this alone means we aren''t looking for a CB, I think it''s more vital to improve the FB positions and use R Martin and R Bennett as CB backup to Bassong and Turner

That seems to be the way CH is thinking and I agree with it. Martin was hugely impressive against ManCity and again against Croatia for Scotland. If the rumour of Naughton coming in on loan is true, then that would make even better sense.

A CB worth under £3M is unlikely to be much of an improvement on what we already have.

He was shocking at Villa at times and whereas I''m sure he could do a decent job for us I''m glad the transfer kitty looks to be going on other positions.

I''m itching for a LB, W, CM and ST and, from what I know of them, would happy take Olsson, Redmond, Toivonen and Hooper now!

Toivonen isn''t a CM. a striker or attacking mid, but definitely not a CM.

I would agree with the others though. Maybe someone like Fer who was bloody twitter linked would be good, great energy and strong as a bull, knows where back of net is too.

He''s overpriced at 2.5m, believe me

Lovely lad, can do a good job at championship level but he isn''t switched on enough for the top level

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23030343

Confirmed...sold to Hull. Another one ticked off the list...i thought he could do a job for us but only 3rd or 4th choice at best.

Gone to Hull FFS. Yet another player we never tried hard enough to sign. Are we ever going to make any signings this summer ? So much for being debt free and having a large transfer kitty. It shows we seriously still have a lack of ambition and that the wicked cook still controls the purse strings. McNally spends far too much time on Twitter telling people rubbish like what time the coaches will leave for away games and how much the new shirt will cost when he should be picking up the phone and signing players. As for Houghton I just wish he would shut up bigging up other managers and telling us how good other teams will be next season. The man is just clueless and negative. Fancy letting Jackson and Tierney go for free .Holt has had it and doesn''t want to be here so why don''t we ask Celtic to name their price for Hooper as we have the money whatever they want. I heard the players are not happy with Houghton so why doesn''t he just do one and we get in Poyet ?

[;)][:P][:D]

Certainly no better than what we already have. As it turned out, we didn''t really need extra cover at centre back in any event so a bullett dodged and money saved IMO.

Bottom line is that Hughton knows all about him, and viccy verccy, but there looks like there wasn''t a sniff from us.

Hughton obviously felt he wasn''t needed/good enough, that''ll do for me

[quote user="spencer 1970"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23030343

Confirmed...sold to Hull. Another one ticked off the list...i thought he could do a job for us but only 3rd or 4th choice at best.[/quote]

cough cough

"only 3rd or 4th choice at best".