some stability and solidity to our defence and he has done that last

season with acquiring Bassong and Turner. He obviously wanted to change

our style of play under Lambert and to a certain degree he has also

done that.   Now...from reading Rick''s interview on why he

signed for this club Hughton sold him a story on wanting to bring in an

attacking midfielder and two wide players therefore changing our

attacking  style and giving us more options going forward then we had

last season . He''s gradually fitting the pieces of his jigsaw together

and acquiring the necessary talent season by season  in order to do so.  

The richer this club gets by establishing ourselves in this division

then the more money he will splash out on acquiring better and more

skilful players then we currently have at our disposal...it''s called

IMPROVING ON WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE! I have a lot of respect for

Holt and his achievements but his ability and endeavour is now more akin

to Championship football in comparison to where Hughton wants to take

us! We are becoming stronger each season and unfortunately for Grant he

is no longer good enough for first choice or EVEN second choice striker

hence the link with Ola Toivonen.  So come on guys drop the sentimentality and  rejoice and raise your glasses to our steady ascent...onwards and upwards for the mighty canaries!!!

Just because we showed him the door doesn''t mean he will automatically go to a championship side.

Wouldn''t be surprised if another prem team signed him up.

I''d rather see him stay and fight for his place, just because we sign one striker doesn''t mean we should bin off a player who could still contribute to our team.

Even if he wasn''t a starter I''d rather see him coming off the bench when we are needing a goal than becchiWho.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]...Why can''t you guys just accept that Holt''s playing days in a

Norwich City jersey are diminishing the longer we stay in this

division?? [/quote]Why can''t you make do with your posts on the other thread on this same topic.Plain and simply, it doesn''t give you enough attention.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]...Why can''t you guys just accept that Holt''s playing days in a

Norwich City jersey are diminishing the longer we stay in this

division?? [/quote]Well, that''s stating the obvious.  If we''re still in the Prem in 5 years time, he''ll be 37 and on loan to Carlisle.

...Why can''t you guys just accept that Holt''s playing days in a Norwich City jersey are diminishing the longer we stay in this division??

---------------------------------------------------------

every player over the age of 28 has a limited time in the premier league... they have to retire someday.

I despair I really do. Not sure if these people want us to get relegated or are just idiots. Holty will leave at some point. When we have another player who has proved himself and if his form drops. I don''t think a lot of people spouting this rubbish on here realise what a great footballer he is and how hard he will be to replace. Midfield was our week point last season. 

All our footballers have their limitations, AG.   Hoolahan only has one foot,  Johnson thinks he is scoring three points for Wigan every time he shoots,  Snodgrass keeps running into cul de sacs,   Pilkington disappears like the invisble man - etc etc.   Holt too has his limitations - but he has one thing in his favour - he is club captain - and that is because he is an inspirational figure.    He is as important now as he was when he arrived at the club, if not more so.   Of course he will play less over the next two years of his contract, but he will still score goals, still wind up the opposition and I hope he continues to wind up his critics who are waiting for him to fail........he won''t.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]maybe a bit of schadenfreude next season!!![/quote]Never heard of him, who does he play for?

[quote user="lake district canary"]All our footballers have their limitations, AG.   Hoolahan only has one foot,  Johnson thinks he is scoring three points for Wigan every time he shoots,  Snodgrass keeps running into cul de sacs,   Pilkington disappears like the invisble man - etc etc.   Holt too has his limitations - but he has one thing in his favour - he is club captain - and that is because he is an inspirational figure.    He is as important now as he was when he arrived at the club, if not more so.   Of course he will play less over the next two years of his contract, but he will still score goals, still wind up the opposition and I hope he continues to wind up his critics who are waiting for him to fail........he won''t.

So this. Perfectly put LDC[/quote]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]All our footballers have their limitations, AG.   Hoolahan only has one foot,  Johnson thinks he is scoring three points for Wigan every time he shoots,  Snodgrass keeps running into cul de sacs,   Pilkington disappears like the invisble man - etc etc.   Holt too has his limitations - but he has one thing in his favour - he is club captain - and that is because he is an inspirational figure.    He is as important now as he was when he arrived at the club, if not more so.   Of course he will play less over the next two years of his contract, but he will still score goals, still wind up the opposition and I hope he continues to wind up his critics who are waiting for him to fail........he won''t.

So this. Perfectly put LDC[/quote]

[/quote]...A player handing in a transfer request and willing to turn his back on the team ...truly inspirational!!!

@Grantholt31: “@AdamJVWright: @Grantholt31 #askholty do you regret putting in a transfer request?”

That matter will get sorted at some point

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"][quote user="KeelansGlove"][quote user="lake district canary"]All our footballers have their limitations, AG.   Hoolahan only has one foot,  Johnson thinks he is scoring three points for Wigan every time he shoots,  Snodgrass keeps running into cul de sacs,   Pilkington disappears like the invisble man - etc etc.   Holt too has his limitations - but he has one thing in his favour - he is club captain - and that is because he is an inspirational figure.    He is as important now as he was when he arrived at the club, if not more so.   Of course he will play less over the next two years of his contract, but he will still score goals, still wind up the opposition and I hope he continues to wind up his critics who are waiting for him to fail........he won''t.  So this. Perfectly put LDC  [/quote][/quote]...A player handing in a transfer request and willing to turn his back on the team ...truly inspirational!!![/quote]

It frankly beggars belief that some fans are still latching on to

Holty''s contract negotiations as some kind of stick to beat him with.  

He was  looking out for his future like any one of us would if we had

the opportunity.   He felt he had been badly done by and wanted it put

right.  It was put right, end of story.  Get over it. 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]maybe a bit of schadenfreude next season!!![/quote]
Never heard of him, who does he play for?
[/quote]

You call yourself a football fan Poodle?

He played for Derby and Nottingham Forest  and scored a goal for Scotland in the 1978 World Cup.

How can people still hold a grudge on to Holt''s transfer request, which has not only been revealed as a badly-handled ploy to stay at the club longer, but also been buried by all parties involved?

Christ, if Holt''s a bad leader for it, what about Gerrard, who heavily pushed for a move to Chelsea and refused to play any more for Liverpool if he didn''t get it?

[quote user="junojrs"]How can people still hold a grudge on to Holt''s transfer request, which has not only been revealed as a badly-handled ploy to stay at the club longer, but also been buried by all parties involved?

Christ, if Holt''s a bad leader for it, what about Gerrard, who heavily pushed for a move to Chelsea and refused to play any more for Liverpool if he didn''t get it?[/quote]

Its been the same since he came to Norwich  - there are some fans who have never really rated him.   He''s not perfect,but he''s a lot better than some like to make out.   They will latch on to anything to run him down in some way.

[quote user="junojrs"]How can people still hold a grudge on to Holt''s transfer request, which has not only been revealed as a badly-handled ploy to stay at the club longer, but also been buried by all parties involved?

Christ, if Holt''s a bad leader for it, what about Gerrard, who heavily pushed for a move to Chelsea and refused to play any more for Liverpool if he didn''t get it?[/quote]...I''m not voicing an opinion...just merely pointing out the facts...and believe me I am over it!!!

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"][quote user="junojrs"]How can people still hold a grudge on to Holt''s transfer request, which has not only been revealed as a badly-handled ploy to stay at the club longer, but also been buried by all parties involved? Christ, if Holt''s a bad leader for it, what about Gerrard, who heavily pushed for a move to Chelsea and refused to play any more for Liverpool if he didn''t get it?[/quote]

...I''m not voicing an opinion...just merely pointing out the facts...and believe me I am over it!!!
[/quote]

AG - I suspect that you are confusing Fact with Fiction.

Given that we have established your literary understanding, could you educate us as to what these fictional points are?[8-)]

I think the vast majority of fans would love him to be here next season, but I think it comes down to Holt himself, will he accept being second/third striker, if not fair enough, I would wish him well and thank him for all he has done for us. If he wants to stay I can see him contributing, but probably as a sub

I really want him to be here next year, but in the interests of transparency I should declare I''ve just taken on a KFC Franchise.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]So over it that you''re still using it as a stick to beat him with a year later.

Well done you.[/quote]...When have I constantly used it against him...I merely brought it up in direct response to all of the sentimental claptrap which is getting spurted on here!  All I did was start a post explaining my reasons why I think the club should move him on...then I came under a complete barrage from the ''my hero''...''you''re my talisman'' pro Holt police claiming I must be an idiot and of  low intelligence because I aired some constructive criticism towards Holt!  I believe the club should move him on,strengthen and buy better during the summer...c''est la vie..get over it!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]maybe a bit of schadenfreude next season!!![/quote]

Never heard of him, who does he play for?[/quote]

He played for Derby and Nottingham Forest  and scored a goal for Scotland in the 1978 World Cup.[/quote]

Who, schadenfreude did? What a plonker you really are!

I should stick to stickers if I were you, and MEGALOLLING

Football is not your strongest point. [:$]

Don''t worry archie. It seems to be common practise on this forum to attack any opinion that seems to rock the boat a bit. I agree with you by the way, last season showed Holts limitations. Time to let go.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]maybe a bit of schadenfreude next season!!![/quote]

Never heard of him, who does he play for?[/quote]

He played for Derby and Nottingham Forest  and scored a goal for Scotland in the 1978 World Cup.[/quote]

Who, schadenfreude did? What a plonker you really are!

I should stick to stickers if I were you, and MEGALOLLING

Football is not your strongest point. [:$]

[/quote]Oi...bright spark...I believe he got it first time...he was being SARCASTIC...you big wet Poodle!!