Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Sunderland to sell Sessengnon...

...for 8m quid according to the Mirror. Excellent player and surely worth the money at that price. Unplayable at times. I wonder if Hughton might be considering a bid?

Our strikers then being RVW, Holt, Sessengon and Becchio.

I reckon it''s rubbish, but i''d take him here in a flash! Quick, quality on the ball, gets goals and creates, just doesn''t always seem at the races. I''m sure our boys could sort that out though, he''d be our talisman and would work prefectly with Ricky, Snoddy and Redmond (;-))

A very good player, brilliant at times, but have there been some relationship problems and difficulties, or am I confusing him with some other player?

Why would Sunderland let him go, he''s been their best player for the last 2 seasons. Would take him in a flash (instead of Redmond).

He''s a fans favourite at Sunderland, can''t say I know or remember of any attitude/relationship problems...

He supposedly wants to go back to France I believe so Di Canio has decided to cash in.

Its interesting though that his "clear out" appears to consist of selling most of their good players whereas normally i would think it best to keep the good players and clear out the cr*p.

Still think Di Canio at Sunderland has huge potential to go badly wrong for them next season.

I think he''s a very bright young manager but he seems a bit to radical in his ways. If the players buy into his philosophy and he sells/ buys who he wants to then Sunderland will do well. The problem is, he may just p1ss a few too many people off before he gets the chance to get things right.

Sunderland are trying to reduce their wage bill and Sessengon is one of their highest earners.

£8m for a 29 year old who blows hot and cold is too much in my opinion. Also I doubt Sunderland will sell to a Premier League rival, more likely to try and ship him abroad somewhere.

I for one would not pay that money for him. I can see him going back abroad for a big contract and being their main player. Perhaps France or China like Drogba.

Yeah, I doubt £8 million would be the price for a PL rival.

May be worth a shot at that, but too inconsistent and we already have that in Pilks.

Sessengnon would be a phenomonal signing.But with three years left on his contract I feel they''d want a large sum, and at 29 years old there would be no monetary return when he leaves. I''m not sure Norwich are in the financial bracket yet where they can afford this type of deal. RVW is different as he''s young and likely to move for a profit in a year or two.So in short this is a non starter. If he does leave, which incidentally Di Canio would be a fool to allow, he could land a very decent contract at any mid to upper level club in Europe or further afield. Whover got him would have a big match winner in their team.