Sign in to follow this  
Stella Canary

TIME TO DO BUSINESS.....

So far all I''ve seen on websites, newspapers and TV is ALL other clubs buying new players - rebuilding squads and Norwich losing players!!!

I know Worthy has always been good at playing his cards close to his chest but we need to start sorting some players out.  We''ve let 3-4 players go for free, it''s looks certain that Svensson, Green and Damo will be on their way and according to this weekends papers Leon as well.

When are we going to start bringing new blood in - Worthington please give us a deal to feel slightly optimistic about!!

We need defenders and midfielders, the only strong link we''ve had is with Wayne Thomas and he opted for BURNLEY instead of us!!!!   If that''s the way of things to come then god help us in what arrives on Carrow Road''s door step - IF ANYONE!!

PS - this is not a moan, I''m getting very worried at the lack of action.

We''re not the only one''s not doing business, but this does seem to be classic Norwich City.

Step 1:  Appear that everyone is on holiday.  Make no statements or announcements of any kind

Step 2:  Announce interest in players you want and let them go to other clubs.  Once said player has gone there, never speak of them again as they will be s**t

Step 3:  Keep waiting

Step 4:  On a dull Monday morning when fans are outside Colney with pitch forks and flames on sticks, announce super signing!  Followed by a couple more.

Step 5: Everyone happy!

[quote]So far all I''ve seen on websites, newspapers and TV is ALL other clubs buying new players - rebuilding squads and Norwich losing players!!! I know Worthy has always been good at playing his cards clo...[/quote]

Stay cool and calm Stella, and think happy thoughts, all good things come to those who wait, yes?.

Its not about who buys the first player, but the quality. You know Worthy''s record, hang on......

Now I''m starting to get worried.

NURSE!.         

I will be worried if things don''t happen within a couple of weeks.  It would be ideal to have the squad assembled in time for most of the preseason friendlies.

Jonson really suffered last year when he signed a few days before the first match.  He had no time to get settled and was thrown straight in the team, 3 days later he was flying out of the country for a game with Sweden.

At the end of the day it is the quality of signings that matter not the date of which they signed.  On reflection I have not seen anyone move so far that I feel we have really missed out on anyone to our rivals.  I would rather have the Doc over Thomas and Ward any day.  Same for Leon, Hux, Ashton over Macken.  Ifill will spend half the season on the Sheffield United physio table.  I have not seen much of Jobi McAnuff but I am looking forward to seeing what Jonson can do in the Fizzy League.

I am dissapointed nothing seems to be happening but I am not dissapointed on missing out on the players above.  Darren Ward £1.5m, is he worth that?  Probably not.

Patience. Without being complacent, I expect worthy to do a good job. When he reeally identifies a target he really wants he''ll move heaven and earth to get them eg Ashton and Hux. And when they are good prospects he doesn''t do a bad job - Francis/Mckenzie/Svensson/Charlton. All well spotted and purchased for sensible money.

He''s worst when rushed - Doherty springs to mind and probably Jonson too.

There are numerous examples of previous alledged targets who went elsewhere and failed.

Just been on the Sky sports web site, Premiership transfer dealings so far:-

In- 4

Out- 47

I''ve been as guilty as anyone in thinking NW needs to get active in the marketplace, but doesn''t the above put things in perspective.

[quote]We''re not the only one''s not doing business, but this does seem to be classic Norwich City. Step 1: Appear that everyone is on holiday. Make no statements or announcements of any kind Step 2: Ann...[/quote]

ha, DD got a complete timetable for it then?

its all planned out?

i reckon you have been playing too much of championship manager!

I hope that some youth is going to emerge aswel. Shackell was outstanding with his dramatic clearances (eg that diving header to clear an open net against chelsea) and i think hes going to get a whole lot better too.

Jarvis has never had a chance but couldnt have done much better when he was given his brief run out against Liverpool.

Lewis seems promising and he looks pretty tall which is a good attribute.

hendo has been injured this season but i dont think he did too bad the season before that, although so many people disagree.

I hope worthy will get stuck in with signings this year. And hopefully we will get some exciting new players in which will boost the team to promotion (just like hux, crouch and leon/svensson did)

All other clubs? I don''t know what sites you''ve been on but most of them must be full of rumour and complete bull. There haven''t been many transfers at all anywhere coming in, as mentioned most are going out. Most deals don''t kick off until July 1st because clubs don''t want to pay unecessary wages.

Chill out

[quote]Just been on the Sky sports web site, Premiership transfer dealings so far:- In- 4 Out- 47 I''ve been as guilty as anyone in thinking NW needs to get active in the marketplace, but doesn''t the abo...[/quote]

Would help tremendously if we were still in the Prem

Take your point, though, The Championship isn''t doing much else - we''ve seen Wayne Thomas to Burnley, Palace sign three, Sheffield Utd sign three, and plenty o rumours and released players. But otherwise not much action (probably missed a stack!) 

well said ncfc4prem

Without confirmation of who is actaully leaving we don''t know who we need to replace and what funds for any transfers fees or wages are available.

We are not like our third world neighbours where Bent was sold off six months ago to fund their belated attempt to get out of the championship and their wage bill now needs to be cut back so much that they can''t even afford to keep low level players like Kuqi, Miller and Davies. Even aged donkeys like magilton are stalling hoping that something better than 15 bob a week and the money back on sheepy''s empties will turn up.

It will come.

If nothing else the club moves good when it has to. Huckerby,McKenzie and most importantly Ashton came from nowhere. Better that than endless drivel that goes with others clubs.

Until the club tells us something I suggest you sit back have a good scratch and enjoy the forthcoming test series.

August will be here all too quick.

It now appears Old Worthy wants 5 class players (EDP report today) I now expect an influx of 30'' something, decrepit, free transfer donkeys to appear at Colney!.

In other words 5 Docherty''s, just you wait, they will be no hopers.      

[quote]It now appears Old Worthy wants 5 class players (EDP report today) I now expect an influx of 30'' something, decrepit, free transfer donkeys to appear at Colney!. In other words 5 Docherty''s, just you...[/quote]

Not quite feeling the joy of summer yet are you Wiz?

I quite like the Doc and think he could well end up being a good player for us but I am going to agree with you(in a sense).  As much as I think the Doc will be ok next season, I think he was a panic buy.  With the transfer deadline approaching Worthy got into a situation that he needed to bring someone and the Doc was the best he could get.  Though i''m not convinced Worthy ever really wanted him that much. 

Out of those 5 players Worthy wants, I hope at least 3 of them are midfielders